U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 11:07 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,038,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
I have questions that I would like to ask very sincerely, and not out of hatred.
you are wellcome , as long as there is no insulting , i'm cool

Quote:
If Islam is a peaceful religion, why is there so much violence in the Islamic world when it comes to killing other people? Where are the peaceful muslims and why don't they speak up against the "radical" muslims who are so violent and intent on killing others who do not believe the same way they do?
it depends on violents you talking about .
the violence of terrorists against innocent people is refused from muslims in all the world.

what violence else you talking about ?!
palastine - iraq - shishan - kashmeer - bosna - hersek , sudan - suria - lebnanon !
all these countries innocent muslims were killed from nonmuslims

where in the earth muslims kills nonmuslims ??! actually i see the opposite .
i see that the muslims whom been killed in thier own land from invadors

Quote:
As for the people who drew images of Mohammed, why do they deserve to die? Why do muslims feel that they can break the laws of other countries and kill these people and not expect to be punished themselves?
well , you can call it ' emotions of muslims for insulting our beloved prophet peace be upon him '
can you imagine if somone insult (your wife or your mother or your son or any person you love so much ) over the public or by universal media ? can you imagine your emotions to this person !! you will hope to find him and kill him ?! isn't it right

why you always blame the muslims for thier emotions and not blame who insult our relegion , who made the problem !

why does insulting prophets and what others belief like Muslims and the prophet Muhammad is considered a freedom of speech. I was always taught that my own freedom ends when others freedom start. Dont you think that insulting other people's belief is a way of aiming and shooting at what people think, so its metal killing. It hurts when you get shot and it hurts more when you get insulted, or when someone insults whom you love. How come insulting the Jewish Holocaust is considered a crime while insulting the Prophet Muhammad is considered a freedom of speech?

you say that islam not peacefull relegion because angry of muslims against whom isult them .
so , is insulting of other relegions peacefull behaviour !!!!!!!!

Quote:
Why is the decision of punishment, which is very often immediate death, left to muslim men to execute instead of trusting their god to bring about his own judgment?
is this general question or about insulting relegions

Quote:
Why do muslims come to America and then go to court to force their laws to become reality here? If an American tried to move to a muslim country and do the same thing, they would be killed immediately. If muslims want to come to America to live, why can't they adapt to the American way of life instead?
is it happened with non_american nationality ?!!!!
i think that it may be happen from american's muslims themself , not from muslims's visitors

Quote:
Islam is generally known by the world to be a very, very angry, violent religion that claims to be peaceful. Both cannot be true. Can you help me to understand?
from my sight i see the same in christianity in history and in bible

anyway , islam is violent against enemies in wars , and violent against criminals (big sins which hurt society) other than that islam is peacefull for all mankind

thank you for your argument , and you are wellcome to discuss anything else with me

peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 11:49 AM

249 posts, read 493,957 times
What does Isalam have to offer.. over and above what the bible teaches ?

Old 04-13-2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
I was thinking about the 72 virgins men get in heaven. I had never heard of what women got. That prompted my question.
well , i get it
quran or hadeeth not mention specific reward for women . there are alot of thoughts and conclusions .
but may be rewards of the women in the Quran is implied because they are more bashful than a man. A man needs it to be spelt out to him and a woman can read between the lines.

They shall have whatever they wish with their Lord." [Qur'an: Surat Zumar, 34]
In Paradise, if we wish for something, it will be there before us, and no one will find anything less than everything they could possibly seek

also
The Qur'an gives women spiritual parity with men in terms of their status before Allah, their religious obligations, and the recompense of their deeds. The pleasures of paradise, including pure and righteous companions, are not exclusively for men.
Allah says in Surat al-Baqarah verse 25, "But give glad tidings to those who believe and work righteousness, that their portion is Gardens, beneath which rivers flow. Every time they are fed with fruits there-from, they say: "Why, this is what we were fed with before," for they are given things in similitude; and they have therein companions pure (and holy); and they abide therein (for ever)."

These "companions pure (and holy)" are called azwaj mutahhara in Arabic. Azwaj is the plural of zawj, which means mate, spouse, or companion. The promise in this verse is directed at the believers at large, both males and females, that they will have righteous spouses awaiting them in Paradise. Some scholars have said that if a believer so desires, she or he will be reunited with their spouse from earthly life.

Although the Qur'an mentions hur al-ain for men, or "wide-eyed virgins," this does not necessarily preclude the existence of handsome male companions for female believers

Old 04-13-2008, 12:10 PM

3,413 posts, read 6,450,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
well , i get it
quran or hadeeth not mention specific reward for women . there are alot of thoughts and conclusions .
but may be rewards of the women in the Quran is implied because they are more bashful than a man. A man needs it to be spelt out to him and a woman can read between the lines.

They shall have whatever they wish with their Lord." [Qur'an: Surat Zumar, 34]
In Paradise, if we wish for something, it will be there before us, and no one will find anything less than everything they could possibly seek

also
The Qur'an gives women spiritual parity with men in terms of their status before Allah, their religious obligations, and the recompense of their deeds. The pleasures of paradise, including pure and righteous companions, are not exclusively for men.
Allah says in Surat al-Baqarah verse 25, "But give glad tidings to those who believe and work righteousness, that their portion is Gardens, beneath which rivers flow. Every time they are fed with fruits there-from, they say: "Why, this is what we were fed with before," for they are given things in similitude; and they have therein companions pure (and holy); and they abide therein (for ever)."

These "companions pure (and holy)" are called azwaj mutahhara in Arabic. Azwaj is the plural of zawj, which means mate, spouse, or companion. The promise in this verse is directed at the believers at large, both males and females, that they will have righteous spouses awaiting them in Paradise. Some scholars have said that if a believer so desires, she or he will be reunited with their spouse from earthly life.

Although the Qur'an mentions hur al-ain for men, or "wide-eyed virgins," this does not necessarily preclude the existence of handsome male companions for female believers
Thank-you!

Old 04-13-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by accelerator View Post
What does Isalam have to offer.. over and above what the bible teaches ?
muslims believe that massage of islam is the same massage of jesus (pbuh) and the same massage of all prophets before him . but the followers of jesus (pbuh) differed after his rising , so some of them astray and misguided from true massage of jesus (pbuh) . so that there are many contradictions in the bible which make it hard for anyone to find out the all truth from the bible .

so ,according to christianity , we believe that quran guide to the all truth about jesus (pbuh) .
so you can say that islam offer the true massage of jesus (pbuh)
anyway , we respect bible teaches , but we disagree with christianity beliefs

Old 04-13-2008, 02:45 PM

249 posts, read 493,957 times
Quote:
muslims believe that massage of islam is the same massage of jesus (pbuh) and the same massage of all prophets before him . but the followers of jesus (pbuh) differed after his rising , so some of them astray and misguided from true massage of jesus (pbuh) . so that there are many contradictions in the bible which make it hard for anyone to find out the all truth from the bible .

so ,according to christianity , we believe that quran guide to the all truth about jesus (pbuh) .

Could you quote me some verses from the Koran.. that explain the true message of Jesus..?

What do you believe the true message of Jesus was ..?

-

Old 04-13-2008, 03:47 PM

756 posts, read 2,334,387 times
Quote:

false doctrine

Old 04-13-2008, 04:33 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,284,991 times
Quote:

the violence of terrorists against innocent people is refused from muslims in all the world.

palastine - iraq - shishan - kashmeer - bosna - hersek , sudan - suria - lebnanon !

peace
With all due respect, elwill, have you forgotten 9\11 and Pan Am flight 103 to name two. Those were all innocent people, regardless of what you think of their governments.

I am interested that you say that Muslims do not agree with terrorist acts on innocents, yet after 9/11 we saw Muslim people celebrating in the streets. Was these people in the minority, and if so what do the majority of Muslims do against those that would perpetrate terrorism on the West?

Old 04-13-2008, 05:28 PM

30,874 posts, read 31,750,270 times
Quote:

well , you can call it ' emotions of muslims for insulting our beloved prophet peace be upon him '
can you imagine if somone insult (your wife or your mother or your son or any person you love so much ) over the public or by universal media ? can you imagine your emotions to this person !! you will hope to find him and kill him ?! isn't it right

why you always blame the muslims for thier emotions and not blame who insult our relegion , who made the problem !

why does insulting prophets and what others belief like Muslims and the prophet Muhammad is considered a freedom of speech. I was always taught that my own freedom ends when others freedom start. Dont you think that insulting other people's belief is a way of aiming and shooting at what people think, so its metal killing. It hurts when you get shot and it hurts more when you get insulted, or when someone insults whom you love. How come insulting the Jewish Holocaust is considered a crime while insulting the Prophet Muhammad is considered a freedom of speech?

you say that islam not peacefull relegion because angry of muslims against whom isult them .
so , is insulting of other relegions peacefull behaviour !!!!!!!!

is this general question or about insulting relegions

is it happened with non_american nationality ?!!!!
i think that it may be happen from american's muslims themself , not from muslims's visitors

from my sight i see the same in christianity in history and in bible

anyway , islam is violent against enemies in wars , and violent against criminals (big sins which hurt society) other than that islam is peacefull for all mankind

thank you for your argument , and you are wellcome to discuss anything else with me

peace
The bolded statement tells me you ARE violent...I don't think any of us here would want to find and kill a person for simple insult..We see insulting cartoons every day and mostly we just chuckle at them....Every American president and Canadian prime minister would be spending all his time hunting and killing if they thought like you do.

There have been approximately 90,000 deaths in Iraq since 2003, and most of these are Muslims killing each other...It is going to take a lot more than I see here to convince me that you belong to a religion of peace.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:03 PM

79 posts, read 188,640 times
I wish other Muslims believed this and only practiced "symbolic" terroistic murders.
That would be a miracle.

Why does Allah not back up his word with love and good works but instead allows so much evil in his name? Is he asleep? Pacifist? Scared?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or