Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 05:18 PM

756 posts, read 2,568,018 times

Advertisements

why do you guys want to kill all the christians...and jews..

"first the jews, and then the christians, saturday before sunday"....

right???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2008, 07:50 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,120,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
off course , they have a soul , and there is an afterlife for them
You were so good at expounding on the other questions you were asked.
Could you give me some specifics about it what it states in the Koran on
women, their souls and the afterlife.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:22 PM

123 posts, read 303,395 times
Post Does the Quran believe in the realistic or idealistic...?

For the nature of the world, people in the midst of such a Nature; the bible is wholly an idealistic passage in time for events. That means we can wonder about the facts for truth in the comparable reality of human occurences as of an empirical History. Does the Quran have a meaningful sequential development for people using words and subsequentially following the law for organizing a society? What of the Judaeo-christian ex-nihilo creation and the subject of angels?

Old 04-12-2008, 09:27 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,078,289 times
I have questions that I would like to ask very sincerely, and not out of hatred.

If Islam is a peaceful religion, why is there so much violence in the Islamic world when it comes to killing other people? Where are the peaceful muslims and why don't they speak up against the "radical" muslims who are so violent and intent on killing others who do not believe the same way they do?

As for the people who drew images of Mohammed, why do they deserve to die? Why do muslims feel that they can break the laws of other countries and kill these people and not expect to be punished themselves?

Why is the decision of punishment, which is very often immediate death, left to muslim men to execute instead of trusting their god to bring about his own judgment?

Why do muslims come to America and then go to court to force their laws to become reality here? If an American tried to move to a muslim country and do the same thing, they would be killed immediately. If muslims want to come to America to live, why can't they adapt to the American way of life instead? It is very rude to come to someone else's house (country) and tell them how things should be. Studies have shown that when muslims move to other countries, they live very peacefully until their numbers in that area begin to grow. Then they fight for muslim laws to become laws in that country.

Islam is generally known by the world to be a very, very angry, violent religion that claims to be peaceful. Both cannot be true. Can you help me to understand?

Old 04-12-2008, 09:51 PM

123 posts, read 303,395 times
Cool Islam is Beginning at End, and End at Beginning.

Oh, all you people are just mad because the Islamist on the theread isn't answering.

I still see my reputation is at 10.

Old 04-13-2008, 05:38 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,257,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Thank you again for answering my questions on Sharia Law. I have a follow up question if you don't mind......Is there a distinction between rape and adultery? And where does honor killings fit into this? Or is that more of a culturally thing, and not religious?
I do understand the need for consequences for serious sins, and the need to keep a religious and societal cohesiveness. It can certainly be argued that the Western cultures feel good mentality has been disastrous in several ways. All the same, can there be mercy shown in Sharia law?
Punishment for rape in Islam:
In Islam, we follow the laws of the Noble Quran, and the Sayings of Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him. If a situation or case is not addressed in neither the Noble Quran, or the Sayings of our beloved Prophet, then we follow the local verdicts of our Religious Authorities, where they would decide based upon the cultural and social situation and causes.
Allah Almighty said in the Noble Quran:
"O ye who believe! Obey God, and obey the Apostle, and those charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to God and His Apostle, if ye do believe in God and the Last Day: That is best, and most suitable for final determination. (The Noble Quran, 4:59)"

Since the punishment for rape doesn't exist in the Noble Quran, but exists in the Sayings of our beloved Prophet peace be upon him, then the verdict or law for punishing the rapist according to Noble Verses 4:59 above must come from our beloved Prophet's Sayings.
"When a woman went out in the time of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) for prayer, a man attacked her and overpowered (raped) her. She shouted and he went off, and when a man came by, she said: That (man) did such and such to me. And when a company of the Emigrants came by, she said: That man did such and such to me. They went and seized the man whom they thought had had intercourse with her and brought him to her.
She said: Yes, this is he. Then they brought him to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). When he (the Prophet) was about to pass sentence, the man who (actually) had assaulted her stood up and said: Apostle of Allah, I am the man who did it to her.
He (the Prophet) said to the woman: Go away, for Allah has forgiven you. And about the man who had intercourse with her, he said: Stone him to death.
He also said: He has repented to such an extent that if the people of Medina had repented similarly, it would have been accepted from them. (Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 38, Number 4366)"

In Islam, determining the case as a rape case is important and would mean the difference between life and death to the man. There is a difference between a rapist who is caught raping innocent children or someone who forcibly raped a woman beyond her will after stalking her, and someone went with his girlfriend on his boat (by her own will) to the middle of the sea, and spent the night there together, and she came back claiming that he raped her.
If a woman seems that she invited a man to have sex with her, or was willing to have sex with him and both went away and came back later, and then she claims that he raped her, and he denies that, then her case would be considered invalid, and both of them would be determined to have had illegal sex, and therefore, both of them would get punished for it. (broken link) The point is that, women don't always determine the rape case. And the men's lives are not under the women's mercy. The woman has to be stalked and raped in order for her case to be considered a rape case.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nay624 View Post
why do you guys want to kill all the christians...and jews..

"first the jews, and then the christians, saturday before sunday"....

right???
it's false propoganda raised against islam
it's not from islam to kill any innocent people , and not from islam to kill nonbelievers but who fight us

some verses in quran command muslims to kill nonbelievers , but this commands was during the wars between muslims and pagans , muslims was very weak in strength and in numberes so these words of God released to encourage them .
these verses are interpreted out of its context in the west to refute the islam

holy quran chapter 60
8-Allah does not forbid you(muslims) to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion and did not drive you out of your homes. Verily, Allah loves those who deal with equity.

9-It is only as regards those who fought against you on account of religion, and have driven you out of your homes, and helped to drive you out, that Allah forbids you to befriend them. And whosoever will befriend them, then such are the Zalimoon (wrong-doers those who disobey Allah).

Old 04-13-2008, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
You were so good at expounding on the other questions you were asked.
Could you give me some specifics about it what it states in the Koran on
women, their souls and the afterlife.
sorry , but i little confused from you question to specify the women
there will be afterlife for both men and women , most of verses in quran which mentions about hereafter refer to all mankind men and women
holy quran CH.33
35-For Muslim men and women, for believing men and women, for devout men and women, for true men and women, for men and women who are patient and constant, for men and women who humble themselves, for men and women Who give in charity, for men and women who fast (and deny themselves), for men and women who guard their chastity, and for men and women who engage much in God's praise, for them has God prepared forgiveness and great reward.

holy quran Ch.48
4-It is He Who sent down Tranquillity into the hearts of the Believers, that they may add Faith to their Faith; for to God belong the Forces of the heavens and the earth; and God is full of Knowledge and Wisdom

5-That He may admit the men and women who believe, to Gardens beneath which rivers flow, to dwell therein for aye, and remove their ills from them; and that is, in the sight of God, the highest achievement (for man

6-And that He may punish the Hypocrites, men and women, and the Polytheists, men and women, who imagine an evil opinion of God. On them is a round of Evil: the Wrath of God is on them: He has cursed them and got Hell ready for them: and evil is it for a destination

may be i misunderstand your question so please , feed back to me

Old 04-13-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisKr View Post
For the nature of the world, people in the midst of such a Nature; the bible is wholly an idealistic passage in time for events. That means we can wonder about the facts for truth in the comparable reality of human occurences as of an empirical History. Does the Quran have a meaningful sequential development for people using words and subsequentially following the law for organizing a society? What of the Judaeo-christian ex-nihilo creation and the subject of angels?
i'm little confusing from you question , can you describe it more or giving examples for what you want to know from quran

Old 04-13-2008, 11:09 AM

3,414 posts, read 7,120,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
sorry , but i little confused from you question to specify the women
there will be afterlife for both men and women , most of verses in quran which mentions about hereafter refer to all mankind men and women
holy quran CH.33
35-For Muslim men and women, for believing men and women, for devout men and women, for true men and women, for men and women who are patient and constant, for men and women who humble themselves, for men and women Who give in charity, for men and women who fast (and deny themselves), for men and women who guard their chastity, and for men and women who engage much in God's praise, for them has God prepared forgiveness and great reward.

holy quran Ch.48
4-It is He Who sent down Tranquillity into the hearts of the Believers, that they may add Faith to their Faith; for to God belong the Forces of the heavens and the earth; and God is full of Knowledge and Wisdom

5-That He may admit the men and women who believe, to Gardens beneath which rivers flow, to dwell therein for aye, and remove their ills from them; and that is, in the sight of God, the highest achievement (for man

6-And that He may punish the Hypocrites, men and women, and the Polytheists, men and women, who imagine an evil opinion of God. On them is a round of Evil: the Wrath of God is on them: He has cursed them and got Hell ready for them: and evil is it for a destination

may be i misunderstand your question so please , feed back to me

I was thinking about the 72 virgins men get in heaven. I had never heard of what women got. That prompted my question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam