U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 07:53 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,040,243 times

Advertisements

for who know nothing about islam ,you can see brief introduction about islam in this vedio

YouTube - Islam - The Meaning and the Message

about the quran

YouTube - Introduction to Islam

One God Then there can be only One Religion

YouTube - One God Then there can be only One Religion !!!

feel free to asking whatever you want

peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2008, 07:54 AM

79 posts, read 188,851 times
What does Islam say about Jesus and then also Christianity? Do muslims believe this( not christians but christianity)

Old 04-12-2008, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtrash View Post
What does Islam say about Jesus and then also Christianity? Do muslims believe this( not christians but christianity)
Muslims respect and revere Jesus (peace be upon him). They consider him one of the greatest of God’s messengers to mankind. The Quran confirms his virgin birth, and a chapter of the Quran is entitled ‘Maryam’ (Mary). The Quran describes the birth of Jesus as follows:

(Remember) when the angels said, “O Mary, God gives you good news of a word from Him (God), whose name is the Messiah Jesus, son of Mary, revered in this world and the Hereafter, and one of those brought near (to God). He will speak to the people from his cradle and as a man, and he is of the righteous.” She said, “My Lord, how can I have a child when no mortal has touched me?” He said, “So (it will be). God creates what He wills. If He decrees a thing, He says to it only, ‘Be!’ and it is. (Quran, 3:45-47)

Jesus was born miraculously by the command of God, the same command that had brought Adam into being with neither a father nor a mother. God has said
The case of Jesus with God is like the case of Adam. He created him from dust, and then He said to him, “Be!” and he came into being. (Quran, 3:59

During his prophetic mission, Jesus performed many miracles. God tells us that Jesus said
I have come to you with a sign from your Lord. I make for you the shape of a bird out of clay, I breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by God’s permission. I heal the blind from birth and the leper. And I bring the dead to life by God’s permission. And I tell you what you eat and what you store in your houses....” (Quran, 3:49)

Muslims believe that Jesus was not crucified. It was the plan of Jesus’ enemies to crucify him, but God saved him and raised him up to Him. And the likeness of Jesus was put over another man. Jesus’ enemies took this man and crucified him, thinking that he was Jesus. God has said:
...They said, “We killed the Messiah Jesus, son of Mary, the messenger of God.” They did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but the likeness of him was put on another man (and they killed that man)... (Quran, 4:157)

Neither Muhammad nor Jesus came to change the basic doctrine of the belief in one God, brought by earlier prophets, but rather to confirm and renew it

Old 04-12-2008, 09:14 AM

4,899 posts, read 16,630,572 times
what do believers of islam think of catholics and/or christians?

Old 04-12-2008, 09:34 AM

according christianity quran have many massages about it

for example this one which will happen in judgement day
[holy quran 5:116]
116-And (remember) when Allah will say (on the Day of Resurrection): "O Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Did you say unto men: Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allah? " He will say: "Glory be to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would surely have known it. You know what is in my innerself though I do not know what is in Yours, truly, You, only You, are the AllKnower of all that is hidden and unseen.

117-Never did I say to them aught except what You (Allah) did command me to say: Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them, but when You took me up, You were the Watcher over them, and You are a Witness to all things.

and with another chapter God warn christians and say
holy quran 4:171
171-O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, nor say of Allah aught but the truth. The Messiah Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), was (no more than) a Messenger of Allah and His Word, ("Be!" - and he was) which He bestowed on Maryam (Mary) and a spirit (Rooh) created by Him; so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not: "Three (trinity)!" Cease! (it is) better for you. For Allah is (the only) One Ilah (God), Glory be to Him (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allah is AllSufficient as a Disposer of affairs.

172-The Messiah will never be proud to reject to be a slave to Allah, nor the angels who are near (to Allah). And whosoever rejects His worship and is proud, then He will gather them all together unto Himself.

with another verses in quran God says about christianity

holy quran ch. 5

72-Surely, they have disbelieved who say: "Allah is the Messiah (Iesa (Jesus)), son of Maryam (Mary)." But the Messiah (Iesa (Jesus)) said: "O Children of Israel! Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Verily, whosoever sets up partners in worship with Allah, then Allah has forbidden Paradise for him, and the Fire will be his abode. And for the Zalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers) there are no helpers.

73-Surely, disbelievers are those who said: "Allah is the third of the three (in a Trinity)." But there is no ilah (god) (none who has the right to be worshipped) but One Ilah (God -Allah). And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall the disbelievers among them.

74-Will they not repent to Allah and ask His Forgiveness? For Allah is OftForgiving, Most Merciful.

75-The Messiah (Iesa (Jesus)), son of Maryam (Mary), was no more than a Messenger; many were the Messengers that passed away before him. His mother (Maryam (Mary)) was a Siddiqah (i.e. she believed in the words of Allah and His Books (see Verse 66:12)). They both used to eat food (as any other human being, while Allah does not eat). Look how We make the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) clear to them, yet look how they are deluded away (from the truth).

76-Say (O Muhammad SAW to mankind): "How do you worship besides Allah something which has no power either to harm or to benefit you? But it is Allah Who is the AllHearer, AllKnower."

77-Say (O Muhammad SAW): "O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Exceed not the limits in your religion (by believing in something) other than the truth, and do not follow the vain desires of people who went astray in times gone by, and who misled many, and strayed (themselves) from the Right Path."

Old 04-12-2008, 11:07 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,292,622 times
Thank you for taking the time to answer questions.....it's harder to fear something that has become known.

My question is how is Sharia Law viewed by Muslims as well as the Quran? Is Sharia Law cultural or is it mandated by Allah? And how do Muslims make peace with the violence of Sharia Law shown to women and homosexuals?

Thank you!

Old 04-12-2008, 11:23 AM

3,413 posts, read 6,455,431 times
Do women have a soul?
Is there an afterlife for them?

Old 04-12-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Thank you for taking the time to answer questions.....it's harder to fear something that has become known.
you are wellcome

Quote:
My question is how is Sharia Law viewed by Muslims as well as the Quran? Is Sharia Law cultural or is it mandated by Allah? And how do Muslims make peace with the violence of Sharia Law shown to women and homosexuals?
Thank you!
God sent down many messengers over time to remind people of the true and straight path and to guide mankind. Prophets such as Abraham, Moses, Noah, Jesus and Muhammed peace and blessings of God be upon them. The purpose of messengers was to warn us and to show us the truth and to bring to us revelation from God. God also revealed laws that man should abide by and follow. Everything from marital and sexual relationships to ruling and trade were discussed. Islamic law is comprehensive and complete and covers all aspects of man’s life.

for your question how is sharia viewed by muslim
“Punishment has always played an integral part in the concept of justice. We all know or at least expect that if you do something wrong you are subject to punishment in some way or another. This is only fair. Humankind is charged with the responsibility for the choices they make. This is because they are created with the freedom of choice and granted the moral sense of right and wrong. Accordingly, one is not to be punished for the actions of others, or for acts done under duress or because of insanity. All people are equal and innocent until proven guilty: only then punishment is considered.

Islam considers crime an act of injustice towards society, a sin against oneself and a transgression against Allah. Punishment is not atonement nor does it erase the sin. A sin is only forgiven through repentance. However, crime is an act of inflicting harm upon society that cannot be forgiven by repentance alone.

how do Muslims make peace with the violence of Sharia Law
Having prescribed punishments and imposed strict and meticulous, though not impossible, conditions of evidence, Islam has built in a whole range of principles and precepts which reflect not a frenzied desire to flog and stone but a compassionate urge to avoid and eschew. Islam does not allow either the state or individuals to spy upon people unless well-founded suspicion exists that a crime is being committed or a fellow human being’s rights or interests are in jeopardy. Nor is it obligatory to report every crime. Where possible, settlements outside court are preferred. The punishment is swiftly over; the guilty man and his family do not have to live with the kind of lengthy public stigma that they would have had to endure in the case of a prison sentence at the end of a trial. The imposition of divinely prescribed hudud enhance, and not diminish, the individual’s dignity and stature in society and before God.

homosexual
Homosexuality is traditionally deemed forbidden by Islamic law.
Many scholars of Shari'a, or Islamic law interpret homosexuality as a punishable offence as well as a sin.
There is no specific punishment prescribed, however, and this is usually left to the discretion of the local authorities

law on women
The penalty of adultery is equal for both men and women, and involves symbolic lashing. Social pressure, i.e., public witnessing of the penalty, is the basic punishment
holy quran (24:2)
The woman and the man guilty of illegal sexual intercourse, flog each of them with a hundred stripes. Let not pity withhold you in their case, in a punishment prescribed by Allah, if you believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a party of the believers witness their punishment. (This punishment is for unmarried persons guilty of the above crime but if married persons commit it, the punishment is to stone them to death, according to Allahs Law).

anyway there must be 4 witness on thier crime , so if they made it in hidden , so no punishment for them .
the point is , that society will not be influenced by this way

Old 04-12-2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Do women have a soul?
Is there an afterlife for them?
off course , they have a soul , and there is an afterlife for them

Old 04-12-2008, 04:11 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,292,622 times
Thank you again for answering my questions on Sharia Law. I have a follow up question if you don't mind......Is there a distinction between rape and adultery? And where does honor killings fit into this? Or is that more of a culturally thing, and not religious?
I do understand the need for consequences for serious sins, and the need to keep a religious and societal cohesiveness. It can certainly be argued that the Western cultures feel good mentality has been disastrous in several ways. All the same, can there be mercy shown in Sharia law?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or