U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 09:53 AM

6,039 posts, read 9,459,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Reminds me of the times my kid would put in a CD declaring "Oh, ya' gotta listen to this!! You'll like it, I know you will....the lyrics are so...so....perfect!!"
And all I hear is some incomprehensible screaching and squealing and discordant notes that supposedly had their origin from the musical scale.
I believe the appropriate word for that is "caterwauling".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 09:53 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,426,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post

My feelings are that I am glad you love your religion. I don't like that you feel the need to push it on to everyone else.

Many of us have a tradition and are happy and we don't feel the need to push it onto others.

I like the saying "live and let live" !

Old 09-02-2010, 09:59 AM

13,624 posts, read 11,061,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
My feelings are that I am glad you love your religion. I don't like that you feel the need to push it on to everyone else.

Many of us have a tradition and are happy and we don't feel the need to push it onto others.

I like the saying "live and let live" !

you know they are trying to convert us poor lost infadels in believing and worshiping allah.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:48 AM

9,616 posts, read 11,373,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Reminds me of the times my kid would put in a CD declaring "Oh, ya' gotta listen to this!! You'll like it, I know you will....the lyrics are so...so....perfect!!"

And all I hear is some incomprehensible screaching and squealing and discordant notes that supposedly had their origin from the musical scale.
I think we lose our "sensitivity" as we age, old_cold.... we used to "get" that stuff... remember? I stood about 5 fedet (yep!) from Gracie Slick as she/they (as the "Plane!", not the "Ship"....) gave a free lunchtime concert at U. of British Columbia in about 1966. I also knew a whole bunch of Vietnam "dodgers" up there then; times change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasTraveler View Post
I can not identify your banger even with that front sight spirit level attachment.
I think it is probably my Browning hi-Wall, or my 1874 Sharps, both in 45-90. both with Badger bbls, and both shoot my blckpwdr loads into about 1" @ 100 with iron sights and 550 gr. Bullets... Whammo in my shoulder!

It's almost..... well... religious!

Old 09-02-2010, 11:52 AM

4,883 posts, read 5,264,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
no offense, but I thought it was crap
I second that emotion!!

Old 09-06-2010, 10:47 PM

46 posts, read 117,633 times
Mashallah. Its great. Really touches the heart. Quran is really an amazing book and its recitation is always worth listening.

Old 09-07-2010, 01:00 AM

1,224 posts, read 3,012,387 times
When we lived in New York, an Islamic gentalman lived in the apartment below us.I really enjoyed it when he prayed or recited the Quran it was very calming, even though I had no idea what he was saying. It was the only time I was glad we had paper thin walls, and floars(plus he never ever complained about my son being a busy and loud 2 yrold)

Last edited by michelleleigh; 09-07-2010 at 01:16 AM..

Old 09-07-2010, 09:20 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,039,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleleigh View Post
When we lived in New York, an Islamic gentalman lived in the apartment below us.I really enjoyed it when he prayed or recited the Quran it was very calming, even though I had no idea what he was saying. It was the only time I was glad we had paper thin walls, and floars(plus he never ever complained about my son being a busy and loud 2 yrold)
i posted this thread since long time (2 years ago )
it was one of my first threads in this forum and may be one of my first participation in discussion with christians on the internet ever

the reason i posted it is that i heared that nonarabs feels good when they hear recitation of quran and enjoyed with it even if they understand nothing .
i'm allready from arabs and i listen to quran and understand it from my early age , so that i can't myself feel the same experience which nonarabs feel when they hear quran

this was my main reasons to make this thread
what is funny is that i recieved non responses in the time i psoted it , now and suddenly it's come back again with many responds

thank you for sharing your positive impact , i enjoyed reading your comment

Old 09-07-2010, 09:28 AM

12,172 posts, read 15,456,916 times
Superstition can disguise itself in many forms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam