U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 07:05 PM

277 posts, read 100,049 times

Advertisements

I would like to apologize about something. My bible doesn't actually say the star Sirius. But, I believe Jesus is the Star Sirius because there are very few stars referred to as the bright Morning Star.

I believe Satan is the mourning Star(Venus). Satan weeps that he is not Christ.

And, I hope I am the Morning Star. I As a God, (Jesus calls us Gods) and the Father of Christ. Jesus is the Son of Man. But, Man is a God. I hope to be the Sun of Man(Morning Star).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2019, 05:02 AM

3,168 posts, read 1,046,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysByChance View Post
"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star(Sirius)".-(Revelation 22:16)
How can Jesus be both the root and the offspring of David (Dawood)?

Quote:
To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations--
that one 'will rule them with an iron scepter and will dash them to pieces like pottery' --just as I have received authority from my Father I will also give that one the morning star.
-(Jesus) Revelation 2:26-28
Man is given authority on earth to rule and govern all earthly living beings as a Khalif (vicegerent and God's deputy on earth as earthly leader). This authority is with the victorious ones. The "victorious" ones are the "successful" ones. And the "successful" ones are those who achieve salvation (success). Those who achieve success/salvation are called الْمُفْلِحُونَ (the mufflihoon). The criteria for achieving salvation is to believe in One God and obeying Him (by keeping the commandments).

That means the morning star that gives light is reference to those who are given authority. They show (like a light) the way to the right path of righteousness and forbid the wrong doing. In that sense the morning star can be anyone who is righteous and helps others on earth.

Quote:
Jesus is the Bright Morning Star(Sirius). Christians hope to become the Morning Star(Sun).
Then they need to emulate Jesus to be righteous like him.

Quote:
I would like to apologize about something. My bible doesn't actually say the star Sirius. But, I believe Jesus is the Star Sirius because there are very few stars referred to as the bright Morning Star.

I believe Satan is the mourning Star(Venus). Satan weeps that he is not Christ.
Satan weeps because he is doomed.

Quote:
And, I hope I am the Morning Star. I As a God, (Jesus calls us Gods) and the Father of Christ. Jesus is the Son of Man. But, Man is a God. I hope to be the Sun of Man(Morning Star).
Then meet the criteria set by God. Believe in One God and obey Him. The same message was sent through Moses (Deuteronomy 5:1), Jesus (Mathew 19:17) and Muhammad (Qur'an 2:285).
Criteria does not say, call yourself Jews, call yourself Christians or call yourself Muslims but "believe in One God and obey Him".

Those children of Israel with Moses coming from Egypt disobeying God had died in the desert and never saw the holy land. They had disobeyed God. The Christians were commanded to stay united as brothers but they disobeyed and became sects, fighting with each other. They too were cursed because they had disobeyed God. So called Muslims of today have also disobeyed God by breaking into sects and are paying the same price as Christians.

Believers in One God must united as believers, obey God, preach righteousness and forbid evil acts. Only then they will become morning stars and showing the right path with their light by obeying God. If we lead this world towards peace and prosperity then we are leaders, vicegerents, Khalif on this earth, as God had intended for us humans. It would be like being earthly gods on earth (not God but earthly gods as meant by Jesus otherwise known as Khulfah in Arabic). Be gods (true leaders) on earth without being God.
I trust that this would be of some help to you.

Old 06-14-2019, 03:26 PM

10,597 posts, read 15,697,337 times
We stand on different understanding of what Self is, Khalif. But, as always, I do appreciate your eloquent posts. They are top quality.
Self is not "soul". This is all I need to say on this subject. "soul" is assembled and disassembled for Self with its each individual existence on Earth, so indeed - in a manner of speech, it dies every time body dies. Sort of.

Self exists in the Realm of Permanence, being of immortal it-Self. As such, it can not die.

For Self that goes through the wheel of samsara, as much as for the Self that is in the Realm of Permanence, destiny is same - to become Consciousness, or what you refer to, in very simplified manner, as Allah.

On this path of progression, Self becomes a Great Intelligence of Spheres and Worlds, or what you refer to as "angels". As such, in all the above mentioned cases, Self can not die or be destroyed by anything.

I march to a different drum, Khalif.

Be well.

Old 06-14-2019, 03:29 PM

10,597 posts, read 15,697,337 times
Besides, what's the point to your existence, if you inevitably die?

Old 06-14-2019, 11:20 PM

For the Love of Allah, please! I beg you! I've read the entire Quran! I feel Muslims need to know the Bible. I know it is Holy beyond comparison. But please, give this a listen as I feel this video confirms Islam in every way.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NAb2hdQneBY

Old 06-15-2019, 05:20 AM

11,227 posts, read 11,034,760 times
Quote:
For the Love of Allah, please! I beg you! I've read the entire Quran! I feel Muslims need to know the Bible. I know it is Holy beyond comparison. But please, give this a listen as I feel this video confirms Islam in every way.

Edit: Video removed for brevity. (mensaguy)
This is a forum about Islam. As such, quoting Bible verses and promoting Christianity may be offensive to Muslim members, just as it might be for Jews in the Judaism forum.

Please be respective of the forum rules and the Muslim members who post here.

Besides, Muslims aren't going to watch your video anyway.

Old 06-15-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
This is a forum about Islam. As such, quoting Bible verses and promoting Christianity may be offensive to Muslim members, just as it might be for Jews in the Judaism forum.

Please be respective of the forum rules and the Muslim members who post here.

Besides, Muslims aren't going to watch your video anyway.

I'm sorry. I just thought the previous scripture confirms the Quran. That is all.

Old 06-15-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
We stand on different understanding of what Self is, Khalif. But, as always, I do appreciate your eloquent posts. They are top quality.
Self is not "soul". This is all I need to say on this subject. "soul" is assembled and disassembled for Self with its each individual existence on Earth, so indeed - in a manner of speech, it dies every time body dies. Sort of.
ukrkoz,
In my understanding, "Soul" is known in Arabic language as "Nafs". "Nafs" is individual "self". This is how each one of us is individual soul. It can be understood as individual person. We are each individual person or individual soul. It is a created being, with a beginning (birth) and it can end (die). Once dead, it can be resurrected as the same individual soul.

[31.28] Neither your creation nor your raising is anything but as a single soul; surely Allah is Hearing, Seeing.
مَا خَلْقُكُمْ وَلَا بَعْثُكُمْ إِلَّا كَنَفْسٍ وَاحِدَةٍ ۗ إِنَّ اللَّهَ سَمِيعٌ بَصِيرٌ

Raising mentioned in the above verse is when a human soul is resurrected.

I am clear on this one that a soul is created, it dies and will be resurrected as that individual soul.

Quote:
Self exists in the Realm of Permanence, being of immortal it-Self. As such, it can not die.
But it does die every time the body dies. Each individual soul dies when the body dies.

It seems as if you are thinking of Spirit (that does not die) as either the Soul or the Self. In my understanding, Soul is Self/Nafs and is not the same as Spirit. We are created when Spirit from God comes to our bodies. Without the Spirit, we are dead bodies. A Soul or Self is individual personality. You can either purify it or corrupt it. This is how we are different personalities.

Quote:
For Self that goes through the wheel of samsara, as much as for the Self that is in the Realm of Permanence, destiny is same - to become Consciousness, or what you refer to, in very simplified manner, as Allah.
No. That is not my understanding. Allah is not created. Self/Soul is created being. A created being can live as well as die and be living again. That is not the case with Allah.

Your reference to Allah I think is due to the Spirit that comes from Allah that gives life is in your view Self or Soul. Spirit is neither Self nor Soul. Soul can die but the Spirit does not. Spirit is used to create living soul.

Quote:
On this path of progression, Self becomes a Great Intelligence of Spheres and Worlds, or what you refer to as "angels". As such, in all the above mentioned cases, Self can not die or be destroyed by anything.
I think you are talking here about Spirit and not Self. Self can die but Spirit does not die as it is from Allah.

Quote:
I march to a different drum, Khalif.
I can see that. I am trying my best to understand your point of view. We could be playing the same music but with different instruments.

Old 06-15-2019, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Besides, what's the point to your existence, if you inevitably die?
There is a point (purpose of life) but it will take me a very long post to explain my understanding.

Simple thing to keep in mind is that we were nothing before our existence. In other words, we were dead and then became alive (existed). Death is reverse of it. So once dead, we can exist again just as we existed the first time. Yes?

Old 06-16-2019, 02:22 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry. I just thought the previous scripture confirms the Quran. That is all.
AlwaysByChance,
Previous scripture do not confirm the Qur'an that hadn't been revealed yet.
It is the Qur'an that confirms what was revealed before it.
We had Old Testament
We had the New Testament
The Qur'an is the Last Testament.
In other words, it's all the same book but revealed in three editions:
The First Edition
The Second Edition and
The Last Edition.
The Last Edition perfects Islam (The Qur'an 5:3).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or