Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 01:00 AM

2,691 posts, read 2,608,517 times

Advertisements

here the angel Gabriel came to the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) for the first time.

in this cave of this mountain in Makkah Muhammad before he become a Prophet used to come to this cave once a year for many days and meditate and ponder over all aspects of creation around him , and His heart was restless about the moral evils and idolatry that were rampant among his people, and one day while he was in the cave and he was 40 years old , angel Gabriel came to him on a shape of a man and he had a cloth and a book in it and he asked him to read and Muhammad Said I can not read then Gabriel hugged and squeezed him until the prophet thought it is death, then he released him and asked him to read and the Prophet said i can not read then he did as the fist time and released him and asked him to read and the Prophet said i can not read , then he hugged him for the third time and released him and gave hime the first revelation
Read in the name of your Lord Who created.
He created man from a clot.
Read and your Lord is Most Honorable,
Who taught (to write) with the pen
Taught man what he knew not. The Noble Quran.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 10:27 AM

762 posts, read 1,209,384 times
Are you sure this is how it happened? Your description does not fit in with the behaviour of an angel.. The Bible tells us whenever an angel was sent by God as a messenger, they were not harsh and did not hug or squeeze. They never used force and their message was clear to the recipient.
Example:

Luke 1:26-35

The Birth of Jesus Foretold

26 In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, 27 to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. 28 The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.”

29 Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30 But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. 31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.”

34 “How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”

35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:33 AM

15,501 posts, read 16,970,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefol View Post
Are you sure this is how it happened? Your description does not fit in with the behaviour of an angel.. The Bible tells us whenever an angel was sent by God as a messenger, they were not harsh and did not hug or squeeze. They never used force and their message was clear to the recipient.
Example:

The Birth of Jesus Foretold

26 In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, 27 to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. 28 The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.”

29 Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30 But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. 31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.”

34 “How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”

35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.
If you look through the bible you will find several instances when Force was needed to get a Prophet or other Holy man to listen. Have you every read Numbers 22:: 22-38

32-33 does not seem very gentle:

Quote:
32 The angel of the Lord asked him, “Why have you beaten your donkey these three times? I have come here to oppose you because your path is a reckless one before me 33 The donkey saw me and turned away from me these three times. If it had not turned away, I would certainly have killed you by now, but I would have spared it.”
Some times Force was needed to convince people

Now if you believe the story of Paul. Was being knocked unconscious and blinded for 3 days very Gentle?

It took something strong to convince Muhammad(PBUH) that Gabriel was an angel. He was not an easy one to convince and was aware of the trickery of the idolators.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Are you sure this is how it happened? Your description does not fit in with the behaviour of an angel.. The Bible tells us whenever an angel was sent by God as a messenger, they were not harsh and did not hug or squeeze. They never used force and their message was clear to the recipient. .
i think to make him realize that he is not under illusion and dream.

Quote:

The Birth of Jesus Foretold.
here is the Quran story of The Birth of Jesus

16 And mention Marium in the Book when she drew aside from her family to an eastern place;

17 So she took a veil (to screen herself) from them; then We sent to her Our spirit, and there appeared to her a well-made man.

18 She said: Surely I fly for refuge from you to the Beneficent Allah, if you are one guarding (against evil).

19 He said: I am only a messenger of your Lord: That I will give you a pure boy.

20 She said: When shall I have a boy and no mortal has yet touched me, nor have I been unchaste?

21 He said: Even so; your Lord says: It is easy to Me: and that We may make him a sign to men and a mercy from Us, and it is a matter which has been decreed.

22 So she conceived him; then withdrew herself with him to a remote place.

23 And the throes (of childbirth) compelled her to betake herself to the trunk of a palm tree. She said: Oh, would that I had died before this, and had been a thing quite forgotten!

24 Then (the child) called out to her from beneath her: Grieve not, surely your Lord has made a stream to flow beneath you;

25 And shake towards you the trunk of the palmtree, it will drop on you fresh ripe dates:

26 So eat and drink and refresh the eye. Then if you see any mortal, say: Surely I have vowed a fast to the Beneficent Allah, so I shall not speak to any man today.

27 And she came to her people with him, carrying him (with her). They said: O Marium! surely you have done a strange thing.

28 O sister of Haroun! your father was not a bad man, nor, was your mother an unchaste woman.

29 But she pointed to him. They said: How should we speak to one who was a child in the cradle?

30 He said: Surely I am a servant of Allah; He has given me the Book and made me a prophet;

31 And He has made me blessed wherever I may be, and He has enjoined on me prayer and poor-rate so long as I live;

32 And dutiful to my mother, and He has not made me insolent, unblessed;

33 And peace on me on the day I was born, and on the day I die, and on the day I am raised to life.

34 Such is Isa, son of Marium; (this is) the saying of truth about which they dispute.

35 It beseems not Allah that He should take to Himself a son, glory to be Him; when He has decreed a matter He only says to it "Be," and it is.

36 And surely Allah is my Lord and your Lord, therefore serve Him; this is the right path.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:40 PM

17 Who was the well made man? Angel Gabrielle?

21. Your lord...who..God? Holy Spirit?

30. There is nothing in the Bible about Jesus speaking as a baby. If the Quran does not accept Jesus's divinity and believe him to be nothing more than a man...then obviously it is a lie. As we all know it is not possible for a newborn to speak as an adult. Unless of course he was the immaculate conception, the promised Messiah and of God himself. Because then of course anything is possible.

35. What gives Mohammed the right to question the ways of God? Maybe when he states it "beseems him not" he can only think of procreation as the human act between God and the virgin Mary, this is not possible, is not what happened and the very idea is grossly offensive to Christians.

Sorry it does not seem likely.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
If you look through the bible you will find several instances when Force was needed to get a Prophet or other Holy man to listen. Have you every read Numbers 22:: 22-38

32-33 does not seem very gentle:

Some times Force was needed to convince people

Now if you believe the story of Paul. Was being knocked unconscious and blinded for 3 days very Gentle?

It took something strong to convince Muhammad(PBUH) that Gabriel was an angel. He was not an easy one to convince and was aware of the trickery of the idolators.
You are doing exactly what all Muslims always do...when quoting the Bible they always quote out of context..
Read further and it does seem that the Angel of The Lord used excessive violence..

Whereas its quite common for fallen Angels to use violent means to take control wherever they wish.

21 Balaam got up in the morning, saddled his donkey and went with the Moabite officials. 22 But God was very angry when he went, and the angel of the Lord stood in the road to oppose him. Balaam was riding on his donkey, and his two servants were with him. 23 When the donkey saw the angel of the Lord standing in the road with a drawn sword in his hand, it turned off the road into a field. Balaam beat it to get it back on the road.

24 Then the angel of the Lord stood in a narrow path through the vineyards, with walls on both sides. 25 When the donkey saw the angel of the Lord, it pressed close to the wall, crushing Balaam’s foot against it. So he beat the donkey again.

26 Then the angel of the Lord moved on ahead and stood in a narrow place where there was no room to turn, either to the right or to the left. 27 When the donkey saw the angel of the Lord, it lay down under Balaam, and he was angry and beat it with his staff. 28 Then the Lord opened the donkey’s mouth, and it said to Balaam, “What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?”

29 Balaam answered the donkey, “You have made a fool of me! If only I had a sword in my hand, I would kill you right now.”

30 The donkey said to Balaam, “Am I not your own donkey, which you have always ridden, to this day? Have I been in the habit of doing this to you?”

“No,” he said.

31 Then the Lord opened Balaam’s eyes, and he saw the angel of the Lord standing in the road with his sword drawn. So he bowed low and fell facedown.

32 The angel of the Lord asked him, “Why have you beaten your donkey these three times? I have come here to oppose you because your path is a reckless one before me.[a] 33 The donkey saw me and turned away from me these three times. If it had not turned away, I would certainly have killed you by now, but I would have spared it.”

34 Balaam said to the angel of the Lord, “I have sinned. I did not realize you were standing in the road to oppose me. Now if you are displeased, I will go back.”

35 The angel of the Lord said to Balaam, “Go with the men, but speak only what I tell you.” So Balaam went with Balak’s officials.

36 When Balak heard that Balaam was coming, he went out to meet him at the Moabite town on the Arnon border, at the edge of his territory. 37 Balak said to Balaam, “Did I not send you an urgent summons? Why didn’t you come to me? Am I really not able to reward you?”

38 “Well, I have come to you now,” Balaam replied. “But I can’t say whatever I please. I must speak only what God puts in my mouth.”

39 Then Balaam went with Balak to Kiriath Huzoth. 40 Balak sacrificed cattle and sheep, and gave some to Balaam and the officials who were with him. 41 The next morning Balak took Balaam up to Bamoth Baal, and from there he could see the outskirts of the Israelite camp.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:

17 Who was the well made man? Angel Gabrielle?

Angel Gabrielle he is also called the holy spirit

21. Your lord...who..God? Holy Spirit?

Allah

30. There is nothing in the Bible about Jesus speaking as a baby. If the Quran does not accept Jesus's divinity and believe him to be nothing more than a man...then obviously it is a lie. As we all know it is not possible for a newborn to speak as an adult. Unless of course he was the immaculate conception, the promised Messiah and of God himself. Because then of course anything is possible.

speaking as a baby was not the only miracle for prophet Eisa peace be upon him there were many

35. What gives Mohammed the right to question the ways of God? Maybe when he states it "beseems him not" he can only think of procreation as the human act between God and the virgin Mary, this is not possible, is not what happened and the very idea is grossly offensive to Christians.

that was a translation of Allah saying

Sorry it does not seem likely.
.................................................. .....

Old 10-23-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
You are doing exactly what all Muslims always do...when quoting the Bible they always quote out of context..
Read further and it does seem that the Angel of The Lord used excessive violence..

Whereas its quite common for fallen Angels to use violent means to take control wherever they wish.

21 Balaam got up in the morning, saddled his donkey and went with the Moabite officials. 22 But God was very angry when he went, and the angel of the Lord stood in the road to oppose him. Balaam was riding on his donkey, and his two servants were with him. 23 When the donkey saw the angel of the Lord standing in the road with a drawn sword in his hand, it turned off the road into a field. Balaam beat it to get it back on the road.

24 Then the angel of the Lord stood in a narrow path through the vineyards, with walls on both sides. 25 When the donkey saw the angel of the Lord, it pressed close to the wall, crushing Balaam’s foot against it. So he beat the donkey again.

26 Then the angel of the Lord moved on ahead and stood in a narrow place where there was no room to turn, either to the right or to the left. 27 When the donkey saw the angel of the Lord, it lay down under Balaam, and he was angry and beat it with his staff. 28 Then the Lord opened the donkey’s mouth, and it said to Balaam, “What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?”

29 Balaam answered the donkey, “You have made a fool of me! If only I had a sword in my hand, I would kill you right now.”

30 The donkey said to Balaam, “Am I not your own donkey, which you have always ridden, to this day? Have I been in the habit of doing this to you?”

“No,” he said.

31 Then the Lord opened Balaam’s eyes, and he saw the angel of the Lord standing in the road with his sword drawn. So he bowed low and fell facedown.

32 The angel of the Lord asked him, “Why have you beaten your donkey these three times? I have come here to oppose you because your path is a reckless one before me.[a] 33 The donkey saw me and turned away from me these three times. If it had not turned away, I would certainly have killed you by now, but I would have spared it.”

34 Balaam said to the angel of the Lord, “I have sinned. I did not realize you were standing in the road to oppose me. Now if you are displeased, I will go back.”

35 The angel of the Lord said to Balaam, “Go with the men, but speak only what I tell you.” So Balaam went with Balak’s officials.

36 When Balak heard that Balaam was coming, he went out to meet him at the Moabite town on the Arnon border, at the edge of his territory. 37 Balak said to Balaam, “Did I not send you an urgent summons? Why didn’t you come to me? Am I really not able to reward you?”

38 “Well, I have come to you now,” Balaam replied. “But I can’t say whatever I please. I must speak only what God puts in my mouth.”

39 Then Balaam went with Balak to Kiriath Huzoth. 40 Balak sacrificed cattle and sheep, and gave some to Balaam and the officials who were with him. 41 The next morning Balak took Balaam up to Bamoth Baal, and from there he could see the outskirts of the Israelite camp.
31 Then the Lord opened Balaam’s eyes, and he saw the angel of the Lord

Does not sound like a fallen angel.

In Islam we do not believe an angel can fall as they are created as perfect messengers and have no free will./what Christians call fallen Angels have free will, we believe they are a separate creation from the angels and what we call Djinn

Old 10-23-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
.................................................. .....
You are wrong on this point...the Angel Gabriel is not the Holy Spirit..read the verse below..no one should worship an Angel..even Gabriel..God is the power and the Glory, the creator of all, God created angels. Christ is the word of God made man to show mankind the way, the Holy Spirit is Gods will and how he communes with us his love. You are right when you say Gabriel was a messenger from God, as that's what angels are. But it's not within an angels power to give Mary a child. That power is for God alone.

There are a great many miracles attributed to Jesus in the Bible, not one mentions he fact he spoke as an adult when just a newborn. Another instance where the Quran differs from the scriptures.

Matthew 12:31-33
And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come. "Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
You are wrong on this point...the Angel Gabriel is not the Holy Spirit..read the verse below..no one should worship an Angel..even Gabriel..God is the power and the Glory, the creator of all, God created angels. Christ is the word of God made man to show mankind the way, the Holy Spirit is Gods will and how he communes with us his love. You are right when you say Gabriel was a messenger from God, as that's what angels are. But it's not within an angels power to give Mary a child. That power is for God alone.

There are a great many miracles attributed to Jesus in the Bible, not one mentions he fact he spoke as an adult when just a newborn. Another instance where the Quran differs from the scriptures.

Matthew 12:31-33
And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come. "Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit.
One of the reasons we believe the Bible is no longer complete. Some of the books that have been deleted have the story of Jesus(as) speaking as a Newborn, if memory serves me right the "Gospel of Peter" is one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam