Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2020, 03:43 AM

3,640 posts, read 39,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I mean, I spent like a $3000 and planted various fruit trees in my backyard. This included different kinds of cherries, different varieties of apricot, 4-1 Plums, Apriums, plumcots, peaches, multiple graft Apples, Jujube and pears. For Nuts, I have Walnut and Pecan. And for veggies, I have tomatoes, green chilies, parsley, mint, etc. And there are few varieties of flowers and shade and ornamental trees.
Those $3000 were spent on growing plants, trees and flowers because that money was given to you for that purpose as it was above your other needs. So you spent it for the right purpose to sustain life on earth. This is a good deed. This is the purpose Insan was created and placed on this earth (Qur'an 2:30).

Quote:
In the first season, more than half of it was was eaten and grazed by deer and wild bunnies.
What do you call it, unintentional sadaqa?
Imagine their prayer for you! You may not understand their prayer but Allah (SWT) does.

Quote:
So for next season, I put protection fences around the new trees, and sprayed animal repellent around them - which means, I am choking on my Sadaqa now.
No. You are saving some for the human life.

Quote:
Is that a bad deed?
No. Saving some for humans is not a bad deed.

Quote:
Then, in the next season, I woke up one morning and saw thousands of Japanese beetles devouring on fruit plant/young tree leaves. So I went into panic mode and ran towards the big box store to purchase Japanese beetle traps. This resulted in trapping and killing hundreds of them pests. More bad deeds to me.
It is best to prevent the attack by sprays on the surrounding ground to keep the pests away. A grease band on the trunks near floor level works well. It stops insects going up the tree.

Quote:
Man, I am caught in the middle of this now. Damn if you, damn if you don't. lol
Our job is to plant and protect. Animals and insects will find their food from somewhere else anyway.
My wife puts out food and water for the birds out in the garden every morning. Neighbour's cat was after the birds so we raised the bird feeder quite high above the pergola. Birds are safe now.

Quote:
But anyway, after all the hard work, I came to the conclusion that (besides continue growing my fruit/veggie/flower garden) it's much more cheaper, easier, convenient and reliable to buy the seasonal fresh fruits from the local farmers market.
Own grown is the best unless it is from an organic farmer.
There is so much in the markets and shops that is treated with insecticide and fungicide that the fruit is losing its taste. I fear the worse. Peoples' immune system is getting weaker and weaker and their bodies wide open to various infections. We need to protect our immune systems by eating organic food and reducing reliance on medicines/drugs and vaccines. All have side effects. These things might improve one thing but might damage two or three more. Pharmaceutical giants are going to kill people in the long run.

Quote:
You can even go to a local farm and pick your own peaches, apples, berries etc fresh from the trees.
Then the fruit farmer is earning the good deeds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2020, 10:02 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Food farmer doesn’t give it for free, he sells them a little more per pound than the retail store price.
The extra money he charges is for the “fun” we get for picking our own.

Old 08-01-2020, 01:28 PM

3,640 posts, read 39,493 times
Quote:
Food farmer doesn’t give it for free, he sells them a little more per pound than the retail store price.
The extra money he charges is for the “fun” we get for picking our own.
That gives me an idea, the farmer, the provider of the fruits in the garden of bliss, has already made you pay for those fruits in this life. In the Hereafter, it will be "fun" to pick any fruits. At least we will be doing something to have fun there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam