U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 11:30 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,336,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
If there are any muslims reading this, I just want to let you know that even though there is some people here who enjoys bashing others for their beliefs or enjoy flamewars instead of harmomy, there is people here that.

1 Want to continue knowing about your religion
2 Following Christ's example consider you our brothers
3 Want to live in perfect peace and harmony
4 Knows that most people who practice islam are good people even if the media and ignorance want to make us think different.

Don't be shy keep posting, and remember the truth is the truth no matter what, and the truth is so complex that is too big to fit in one religion, hence the different religions that have spawned from that eternal truth, but nevertheless we are all seekers of that eternal truth and every sincere seeker which knows that God, Spirit, Brahman, Allah, Yaveh, Nivrvana is nothing else but supreme love, infinite wisdom, eternal life, righteousness and virtue is to be respected.

Divine mother, may you live forever in the sanctuary of my devotion and let your love awaken in the hearts of all thy children!!
Tell that to a wife of a man who was on the 80th floor of the south tower of the World Trade Center on Sept 11, 2001.

http://www.apfn.org/images/WTC_airplane_crash.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 11:32 PM
juj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The US didn't even enter the war until after Pearl Harbor, more than two years after it began, and probably wouldn't had Hitler not declared war on the US four days after Pearl Harbor. I'm not belittling the US contribution to the war at all, but the fact remains that the German troops occupying the Netherlands surrendered to a Canadian General, and today the people there still consider Canadians as the liberators.

The Battle of Britain ended in May 1941, months before the US entered the war in December of that same year....Don't say I have no understanding of this war....That is nothing short of insulting.
I concede the Canadians as being the Dutch liberators, but for the sake of argument, say the USA didn't enter the war in Europe. Would the Canadians still have liberated the Netherlands? Ask yourself, that one.

(But, I digress)

Old 05-05-2008, 11:52 PM

30,925 posts, read 31,815,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
I concede the Canadians as being the Dutch liberators, but for the sake of argument, say the USA didn't enter the war in Europe. Would the Canadians still have liberated the Netherlands? Ask yourself, that one.

(But, I digress)
Who knows? I cannot see the past, but I admit that the US made a huge contribution in both lives and material in that war, as did many other nations.
There were a total of almost 73 million deaths attributed to WWII. Lets hope we never see anything like that again.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:52 PM

3,162 posts, read 10,493,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
Tell that to a wife of a man who was on the 80th floor of the south tower of the World Trade Center on Sept 11, 2001.

http://www.apfn.org/images/WTC_airplane_crash.jpg
Peace to you bro!

Old 05-06-2008, 12:02 AM
juj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Who knows? I cannot see the past, but I admit that the US made a huge contribution in both lives and material in that war, as did many other nations.
There were a total of almost 73 million deaths attributed to WWII. Lets hope we never see anything like that again.
Amen to that.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:09 AM

8,567 posts, read 14,817,165 times
Originally Posted by juj
Quote:
An eye for an eye, right? Then at least get those who truly are guilty instead of people who had nothing to do with it.

I see no difference between America, Israel, Nazi Germany and Islamic terrorists.
Many Christians call the Islam a backwards and violent religion, but they seem to have no trouble sinking to their level.
These people are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites if they justify invading Iraq with what happened on 9/11.
Sadly this behaviour is typical for (medieval) Christians and their Crusades*.

I guess there are Americans who believe that they've beaten the Nazis all on their own. Or that because the 9/11 terrorists are fanatical Islamic fundamentalists all the Islam should pay for it.
It seems the Americans are starting to believe their own Hollywood movies (= propaganda that life actually is that simple).

Quote:
Ask yourself this, would America be able to win WWII in Europe without having cracked the Enigma code?

Quote:
*The Crusades were a series of military conflicts of a religious character waged by much of Christian Europe against external and internal threats. Crusades were fought against Muslims, pagan Slavs, Russian and Greek Orthodox Christians, Mongols, Cathars, Hussites, and political enemies of the popes. Crusaders took vows and were granted an indulgence for past sins.

Source: Crusades - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-06-2008, 12:15 AM
juj

quote=Tricky D;3679206]Originally Posted by juj An eye for an eye, right? Then at least get those who truly are guilty instead of people who had nothing to do with it.

I see no difference between America, Israel, Nazi Germany and Islamic terrorists.
Many Christians call the Islam a backwards and violent religion, but they seem to have no trouble sinking to their level.
These people are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites if they justify invading Iraq with what happened on 9/11.
Sadly this behaviour is typical for (medieval) Christians and their Crusades*.

I guess there are Americans who believe that they've beaten the Nazis all on their own. Or that because the 9/11 terrorists are fanatical Islamic fundamentalists all the Islam should pay for it.
It seems the Americans are starting to believe their own Hollywood movies (= propaganda that life actually is that simple).

Ask yourself this, would America be able to win WWII in Europe without having cracked the Enigma code?[/quote]

Wow, are there more people like you in the Netherlands? Scary....

If your entire country has your point of view, well you might as well start practicing your Allahu Akbar.

Surah (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them" ....and run airplanes into the non-believers buildings and kill them by the thousands. There, I completed it. These are not fanaticals but rather orthodox. These are the folks who don't ignore verses.

What I expect from moderate Muslims is at least the admission that these folks are nuts and are doing things against the Quran's teachings, but the silence is deafening and reflects their agreement. Not to mention, it's not entirely against the Quran's teachings, is it?

But don't answer that question, simply give me your..."but the Christian Bible says blah blah blah...............so you are just as evil........yea and the Crusades hundreds of years ago..........and......blah.........more blah..."

Last edited by juj; 05-06-2008 at 12:40 AM..

Old 05-06-2008, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by juj
Quote:
If your entire country has your point of view, well you might as well start practicing your Allahu Akbar.
You actually believe that no one finds the intolerant views of the (Christian) Americans not scary?
I guess when you live in America you have no idea how the rest of the world truly thinks of America.
America even has lied to their allies, which really is scary.
If the American government already tells lies to their allies why should they not have told lies to the rest of the world?
Including the American citizens.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:53 AM
juj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by juj You actually believe that no one finds the intolerant views of the (Christian) Americans not scary?
I guess when you live in America you have no idea how the rest of the world truly thinks of America.
America even has lied to their allies, which really is scary.
If the American government already tells lies to their allies why should they not have told lies to the rest of the world?
Including the American citizens.
It's an ingrateful world. The problem is that all the good folks of the Netherlands who fought along side the Canadians, Poles, Brits, and Americans are mostly dead. Those people I suspect wouldn't agree with your view on America.

I just know one thing. I live in the single greatest country on this earth. Period. Is that arrogance? Maybe. But my pride for this country is only exceeded by the sheer appreciation of my parents of having the courage to move to this country with little money and no English skills while dragging three young kids with them.

God bless my parents and God bless the United States of America. And God bless Great Britain for standing with us through thick and thin for a very long time. They are truly brothers of the United States.

...and God bless the Netherlands, too.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by juj
Quote:
It's an ingrateful world.
So people who don't want to be invaded by a foreign power are ungrateful?
I guess you view all non-Christians and / or non-Americans as ungrateful?
Or is it just the people who disagree with your views?

Quote:
The problem is that all the good folks of the Netherlands who fought along side the Canadians, Poles, Brits, and Americans are mostly dead. Those people I suspect wouldn't agree with your view on America.
How do you know that?
Besidez, in Holland people are allowed to disagree.

Quote:
Is that arrogance? Maybe.
No definitely.
Especially if you have never sampled other completely different countries.
People with only 1 choice have no choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or