U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 02:29 AM

24,639 posts, read 24,858,525 times

Advertisements

Aren't most of the US soldiers who fought in WWII dead, also.
What was the point of the original statement, juj?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 04:34 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,041,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post

I see no difference between America, Israel, Nazi Germany and Islamic terrorists.
please dont't call them islamic terrorists , call them muslims terrorist
terrorism isn't islamic , it's personal behaviours caused of misunderstanding of relegion and it can belong to any relegion

Last edited by elwill; 05-06-2008 at 05:34 AM..

Old 05-06-2008, 05:54 AM

8,567 posts, read 14,815,993 times
Originally Posted by elwill
Quote:
please dont't call them islamic terrorists , call them muslims terrorist
Okay, I guess all Muslims are Islam, but not all the people who follow the Islam are Muslim, right?

Old 05-06-2008, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
If your entire country has your point of view, well you might as well start practicing your Allahu Akbar.

do you know them meaning of allahu akbar ?

Quote:
Surah (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"
i will just put the verse in its context

12 - Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): I am with you: give firmness to the believers: I will instil terror into the hearts of the unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger tips off them
13 - This because they contended against God and his apostle: if any contend against God and his apostle, God is strict in punishment

Old 05-06-2008, 07:12 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,335,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
[/b]
do you know them meaning of allahu akbar ?

i will just put the verse in its context

12 - Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): I am with you: give firmness to the believers: I will instil terror into the hearts of the unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger tips off them
13 - This because they contended against God and his apostle: if any contend against God and his apostle, God is strict in punishment
Allahu Akbar - God is great or God is the Greatest.

First of all, THANK YOU for replying. A man of courage and conviction. I like that.

My translation is significantly different. I don't have a problem with God's wrath stuff, it's when it instructs it's believers to the violence is when I have a problem with it. So you are saying this is God doing the punishing?

Old 05-06-2008, 07:43 AM

123 posts, read 281,848 times
Thumbs down Is God above the truth in Compassion?

God/man is the one who did the punishing, and the just God punishes Man by the truth of some sort of historical need at grief. I believe though that there is a greater being in God; only a few gain insight into God, the god caring somehow for the God we put the effort into caring for ourselves.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:32 AM

3 posts, read 5,326 times
i don't know why so much fight i'm spanish i became muslim, and i know, not religion say kill anyone, we have to respect eachother and help eachother so this world can be better and make our kids a better future, can we died were we will be under the ground and u will not even know who is next to u, we have better things to worry about, we have to respect everybody believe, because when we will died we have to give our count to our God ourself and nobody will came to help u, beside is not good to discuss anybody religion until u read and learn the bible or koran, is a sin to argue about it. also is not the religion is the people who hide themself under their religion because they are not capable to show who they are.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:56 AM

123 posts, read 281,848 times
Default Then for all the injustice, the governments should judge.

But they won't consider that appropriately to our will, beliefs, and loves. I picked up a Quran at a Barber Shop two years ago, and I still wonder if it is reasonable to hope for the Divine in the eternity of absolution. In the Catholic Church it is still a ritualistic trick to find absolution without the risk of failing our tolerance for each other, or dieing.

So it is rude now to continue this discussion, but redemption is at hand only if we ... HEY, isn't this Thursday the Ascension of God into heaven at least secularistically if you know what I mean. Now that's Hebrew as well if I point up instead of down.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:02 AM

3,490 posts, read 7,387,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tania humayun View Post

also is not the religion is the people who hide themself under their religion because they are not capable to show who they are.
I agree with this whole heartedly. We have seen a lot of examples of this very thing on this thread.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
Allahu Akbar - God is great or God is the Greatest.
that's right , so what do you mean by 'practising allaho akpar' ?
Quote:
First of all, THANK YOU for replying. A man of courage and conviction. I like that.
you are wellcome if you wanna to discuss any point about islam .
thank you for your kindness

Quote:
My translation is significantly different. I don't have a problem with God's wrath stuff, it's when it instructs it's believers to the violence is when I have a problem with it. So you are saying this is God doing the punishing?
it's not about the translation , you copied the right translation also , i just mean that you must read the entire verse to know the situation , and you mut know reasons of revealed these verse , isn't it right

this commands for encourages the believer to be strong and to b courage , there enemy were more powerfull more experience and more in numbers , most of mohammed's follower were slaves weaks and not experience with fights so please read the verses again i will put more details

9 - Remember ye (muslims) implored the assistance of Lord, and he answered you: I will assist you with a thousand of the angels, ranks on ranks
10 - God made it but a message of hope, and an assurance to your hearts: (in any case) there is no help except from God: and God is exalted in power, wise
11-Remember he covered you with a sort of drowsiness, to give you calm as from himself, and he caused rain to descend on you from heaven, to clean you therewith, to remove from you the stain of Satan, to strengthen your hearts, and to plant your feet firmly therewith
(your quoting verse)
12 - Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message for muslims): I am with you: give firmness to the believers: I will instil terror into the hearts of the unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger tips off them

are you notice that ?! in the first verse muslims implored the assistane of God , and he repond to them by thiese verses , koffar who sarts the war against mohammed and his followers , muslims were defend themselfs

[RIGHT]14 - Thus (will it be said): taste ye then of the (punishment): for those who resist God, is the penalty of the fire (in hereafter).

focus in the next two verses
15 - O ye who believe when ye meet the unbelievers in hostile array, never turn your backs to them
16 - If any do turn his back to them on such a day unless it be in a stratagem of war, or to retreat to a troop (of his own) he draws on himself the wrath of God, and his abode is hell, an evil refuge (indeed)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or