U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-07-2008, 07:33 AM
 
4,439 posts, read 8,209,845 times
Reputation: 1469

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post

I see no difference between America, Israel, Nazi Germany and Islamic terrorists.
You honestly see no difference between American and Nazi Germany?

Really?

Yeah yes.. America has done horrible things in its past (and present). However, to equate what America has done.. ever in its history.. to Nazi Germany is not only unfair but shows complete ignorance of Nazi history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-07-2008, 07:53 AM
 
7,780 posts, read 13,507,451 times
Reputation: 3457
Quote:
Originally Posted by souhilo1 View Post
Why Islam?

Dr. Ja`far Sheikh Idris
Adapted from a lecture by ANALYS, Toronto






Why Islam? The question "why?" demands a rational answer. However, many people think that it is not possible to give rational answers to ideological commitments (by ideology, we mean a system of thought). They believe that a commitment to any theistic ideology is an irrational act. One cannot deny the fact that many people do commit themselves illogically to various ideologies and continue to hold onto them only because they find themselves to be raised up in particular communities. They accept such ideologies in just the same way as they would accept a traditional form of dress handed down to them through the generations. For example, a person might be deeply committed to a nationalistic ideology simply because it may be the best way to win the support of the masses and thereby gain personal political power.

Moderator cut: copyright violation Why Islam? (Islaam.Com) (http://www.islaam.com/Article.aspx?id=382 - broken link)
Here's the OP.

For reference, of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2008, 09:11 AM
juj
 
Location: Too far from MSG
1,657 posts, read 2,334,931 times
Reputation: 330
Moderator cut: orphaned

I think the Muslim world is extremely anti-American and anti-Western culture with America being at the center of that culture because of Hollywood. Of course why wouldn't they be. They get taught to hate Americans at such an early age (i.e.: Palestinian Kid TV Shows on state sponsored television) and it never lets up. The only reason more Americans aren't killed at the hands of Muslims is because most of them don't have the means, the money, or the balls. Thank God for that. The Western world has got to get rid of their dependency on oil so we can stop funding our own danger and death.

Last edited by Alpha8207; 05-07-2008 at 12:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2008, 09:22 AM
 
Location: egypt
1,215 posts, read 2,040,379 times
Reputation: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
The only reason there haven't been more American deaths in the other parts of the Middle East is that they're physically far apart. When 3000 Americans died on 9/11, I saw countless video of Middle Easterners, mostly Palestinians, dancing in the street celebrating. I am going to have to assume they agree with the terrorists and therefore are on their side.
well it will be needs open mind and political knowledge to know why palestinians hate america

Quote:
My purpose is to expose the vulnerability of the Quran to twisted interpretation and clearly that is being done. And I am not buying this handful of people thing.
the discussion is open , proof for me that i twisted the interpretation

Quote:
With many groups of Muslims in Europe in the streets calling Death to Israel, Death to Great Britain, and Death to America, the Talaban in Afghanistan, Al Qaeda every where, it's a few more than a handful.
honostly i agree with them , and let me say
death to injustice
when we call the death for them we didn't mean innocents , we didn't mean people personally , we mean politics of these countries

anaway you mixed all things up
are you wanna to see muslims loves israil to trust that they are peacefull ?!!
well , you will not find muslims who like israil , actually it's a big sin for muslim to love israil

from quran
8- God forbids you (muslims) not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for God loveth those who are just.

9 - God only forbids you, with regard to those who fight you for (your) Faith, and drive you out of your homes, and support (others) in driving you out, from turning to them (for friendship and protection). It is such as turn to them (in these circumstances), that do wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2008, 09:37 AM
juj
 
Location: Too far from MSG
1,657 posts, read 2,334,931 times
Reputation: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
well it will be needs open mind and political knowledge to know why palestinians hate america


the discussion is open , proof for me that i twisted the interpretation


honostly i agree with them , and let me say
death to injustice
when we call the death for them we didn't mean innocents , we didn't mean people personally , we mean politics of these countries

anaway you mixed all things up
are you wanna to see muslims loves israil to trust that they are peacefull ?!!
well , you will not find muslims who like israil , actually it's a big sin for muslim to love israil

from quran
8- God forbids you (muslims) not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for God loveth those who are just.

9 - God only forbids you, with regard to those who fight you for (your) Faith, and drive you out of your homes, and support (others) in driving you out, from turning to them (for friendship and protection). It is such as turn to them (in these circumstances), that do wrong.
The Palestinians hate us because we are an ally of Israel. That's not hard to understand. You must know that we Americans would like nothing better than to see the Palestinians get their own homeland and be successful. What the Palestinians are going to have to come to grips with is that Israel is not going away, so they need to devise a plan that will get them what they want with Israel still existing. In addition, the Palestinians are literally taught to hate America at such a young age so by the time they are old enough to fight, they are seething and want American blood.

The American goverment are duly elected representatives of the people. If you want to destroy our government, then you want to destroy it's people. If you are crying out "Death to North Korea", I can understand the separation of people and government, but that does not apply to America as far as I am concerned.

How about "Death to Nobody!!". I prefer that chant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2008, 09:40 AM
 
Location: The world, where will fate take me this time?
3,162 posts, read 10,489,832 times
Reputation: 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
How about "Death to Nobody!!". I prefer that chant.
In this we agree!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2008, 09:44 AM
juj
 
Location: Too far from MSG
1,657 posts, read 2,334,931 times
Reputation: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
well it will be needs open mind and political knowledge to know why palestinians hate america


the discussion is open , proof for me that i twisted the interpretation


honostly i agree with them , and let me say
death to injustice
when we call the death for them we didn't mean innocents , we didn't mean people personally , we mean politics of these countries

anaway you mixed all things up
are you wanna to see muslims loves israil to trust that they are peacefull ?!!
well , you will not find muslims who like israil , actually it's a big sin for muslim to love israil

from quran
8- God forbids you (muslims) not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for God loveth those who are just.

9 - God only forbids you, with regard to those who fight you for (your) Faith, and drive you out of your homes, and support (others) in driving you out, from turning to them (for friendship and protection). It is such as turn to them (in these circumstances), that do wrong.
As far as that last verse, Israel is not fighting the Palestinians because they are Muslim. The Palestinians could be Chinese Budhists and nothing would be different. They are defending a homeland that they believe is justly and historically theirs. So the Muslims who think that Israel is fighting them because of their faith are ill-advised.

Last edited by juj; 05-07-2008 at 10:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2008, 09:47 AM
 
4,439 posts, read 8,209,845 times
Reputation: 1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
I think the Muslim world is extremely anti-American and anti-Western culture with America being at the center of that culture because of Hollywood. Of course why wouldn't they be. They get taught to hate Americans at such an early age (i.e.: Palestinian Kid TV Shows on state sponsored television) and it never lets up. The only reason more Americans aren't killed at the hands of Muslims is because most of them don't have the means, the money, or the balls. Thank God for that. The Western world has got to get rid of their dependency on oil so we can stop funding our own danger and death.

The decrease in demand for foriegn oil (i.e. Middle East) will have a profound economic effect on that region. Remember when we thought "If we could just stop the Soviet Union..."

Well we did and it left us with a whole crap load of world issues.

So.. be careful what you wish for in regards to ending dependence on foriegn oil.. when the money stops flowing in there at the rate it has been.. it could very well destabalize the region.

Good thing is we are just as bad in regards to Palestinian children. We basically teach that anyone from the Middle East is bad and wants to blow us up (See any action Hollywood flick in the mid 90's). So it works both ways.

Honestly.... I worry very little about the terrorist (any terrorist) who talks about how much they hate America. I worry about the one that doesn't say anything. Thats the guy/gal we should be worried about.. and I'd be willing to bet that the next "terrorist" attack on America is home grown (a crazy white guy) or a foriegn non-muslim..

just my opinion..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2008, 10:00 AM
juj
 
Location: Too far from MSG
1,657 posts, read 2,334,931 times
Reputation: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
The decrease in demand for foriegn oil (i.e. Middle East) will have a profound economic effect on that region. Remember when we thought "If we could just stop the Soviet Union..."

Well we did and it left us with a whole crap load of world issues.

So.. be careful what you wish for in regards to ending dependence on foriegn oil.. when the money stops flowing in there at the rate it has been.. it could very well destabalize the region.

Good thing is we are just as bad in regards to Palestinian children. We basically teach that anyone from the Middle East is bad and wants to blow us up (See any action Hollywood flick in the mid 90's). So it works both ways.

Honestly.... I worry very little about the terrorist (any terrorist) who talks about how much they hate America. I worry about the one that doesn't say anything. Thats the guy/gal we should be worried about.. and I'd be willing to bet that the next "terrorist" attack on America is home grown (a crazy white guy) or a foriegn non-muslim..

just my opinion..
I agree with much of what you say other than we don't have state sponsored television selling hate directly to our VERY YOUNG. I have watched the movies and I have Muslim friends and am not anti any faith. Most level-headed adults can separate a movie from reality, but kids can't.

Also, as far as getting off of foreign oil, I believe we must tackle one problem at a time. The only reason half of those governments exist is because of state oil money. The people of Middle Eastern countries don't just hate our government, many of them hate theirs. They will have to work it out like we did with the British back in the 1700's. Freedom always has a price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2008, 10:17 AM
 
Location: egypt
1,215 posts, read 2,040,379 times
Reputation: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
They are defending a homeland that they believe is justly and historically theirs. So the Muslims who think that Israel is fighting them because of their faith are ill-advised.
so , they fight palastenians because of jew's faith not muslims faith
thank you for your clarifying

but can you please mention to me when and how phalstenians invade jews and steal thier land ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top