U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 12:12 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,333,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
juj,
your personal assaults are tedious, let this thread be about Islam.
A little tolerance wouldn't hurt you.
I am very tolerant to intelligent discussion and I am not tolerant to the non-stop anti-Christian drivel. Everytime I pin a Islam solicitor on this board about the intensely violent Quran passages and their meaning, the atheists give me drivel and the Muslims are silent. And if this thread is about Islam, why are you on it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2008, 02:28 AM

8,567 posts, read 14,801,920 times
Originally Posted by juj
Quote:
I am very tolerant to intelligent discussion and I am not tolerant to the non-stop anti-Christian drivel.
Actually you are only saying that people who agree with you are intelligent and that people who disagree with you can only be anti-Christian.
Because once people appropriately critique (American) Christianity you immediately label them as anti-Christian.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:34 AM
juj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by juj Actually you are only saying that people who agree with you are intelligent and that people who disagree with you can only be anti-Christian.
Because once people appropriately critique (American) Christianity you immediately label them as anti-Christian.
See, there you go again. You guys are like politicians who duck and jive when answering a question. You use the oldest trick in the book: You answer a question with a question.

I ask a Muslim what is the meaning and purpose of a violent verse, and the the chiefgirl's and the TrickyD's of the world jump in and ask me why Christianity is so violent. Duck and jive. How about a real answer to my question? Since, you guys always jump in the on the Islamic threads, you must be experts. So how about an answer. Oh wait, you guys are atheists so you spend all your time researching and discussing why God doesn't exist. Well, maybe you should answer those threads. Yea, I think that would be a brilliant idea. Brilliant!

Old 05-03-2008, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by juj
Quote:
See, there you go again. You guys are like politicians who duck and jive when answering a question. You use the oldest trick in the book: You answer a question with a question.
I never asked a question, I only concluded that you find me anti-Christian simply because I do not share your opinion.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:50 AM

3,162 posts, read 10,483,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
And you learned nothing. I don't necessarily agree with the link either, but I am tired of these folks getting on here and telling us how peacful their religion is. It is clearly not. What's worse is simple minded folks who get on and then say thanks for telling them about this beautiful peaceful religion without doing one ounce of research.
Imho with due respect your posts show how simple your mind is, you clearly don't know anything about islam besides bashing them.

you haven't even took the time to do some comprehensive study of what you are bashing or try to understand the messages behind the sacred texts.

You could be a true Christian and give an example of how love and tolerance are the most powerful force in the world, but you prefer to do the workings of the devil and attack people who just come to this forum to share their religion with the rest of the people of the forum, because according to your views it is a violent religion, this clearly shows how limited is your own understanding of Christianism, or how simplistic are your insights on religion and spirituality.

Old 05-03-2008, 06:11 PM

176 posts, read 268,631 times
I'd like for the Islam supporters/apologists on this board to name one thing that backwards religion/culture/political ideaology has contributed to the world in the last 1,000 years. For instance,

Do they invent anything?
Do they manufacture anything (besides IED's and bomb vests)?
Do they contribute to the arts or just destroy it? (Buddha statues in Afghanistan come to mind and the silly Danish cartoons, as well.)
Do they aid other countries during natural disasters?
Do they stand for individual freedoms and freethought?
Have they advanced medical science to any degree?
Do they assimilate to other cultures when they move into your neighborhood? (better ask the europeans that one; might not like the answer)

Most importantly:
Are they tolerant to other religions and beliefs?

That's easy: NO

Old 05-03-2008, 07:48 PM
juj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by juj I never asked a question, I only concluded that you find me anti-Christian simply because I do not share your opinion.
If it walks like a duck.....

Old 05-03-2008, 07:52 PM
juj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Imho with due respect your posts show how simple your mind is, you clearly don't know anything about islam besides bashing them.

you haven't even took the time to do some comprehensive study of what you are bashing or try to understand the messages behind the sacred texts.

You could be a true Christian and give an example of how love and tolerance are the most powerful force in the world, but you prefer to do the workings of the devil and attack people who just come to this forum to share their religion with the rest of the people of the forum, because according to your views it is a violent religion, this clearly shows how limited is your own understanding of Christianism, or how simplistic are your insights on religion and spirituality.
I am attacking no one. I just want an Islamic expert to give the Muslim explanation for the some of the Surah violent texts. Again, the drivel....zzzzzz.

How about if you are not going to answer the previous question. Don't comment. "That would be terrific." (Office Space) The next comment please be a Muslim answering the question. Thank you and good night.

Last edited by juj; 05-03-2008 at 08:04 PM..

Old 05-03-2008, 08:25 PM

109 posts, read 429,028 times
"Fudoshin1115 I'd like for the Islam supporters/apologists on this board to name one thing that backwards religion/culture/political ideaology has contributed to the world in the last 1,000 years. For instance,

Do they invent anything?
Do they manufacture anything (besides IED's and bomb vests)?
Do they contribute to the arts or just destroy it? (Buddha statues in Afghanistan come to mind and the silly Danish cartoons, as well.)
Do they aid other countries during natural disasters?
Do they stand for individual freedoms and freethought?
Have they advanced medical science to any degree?
Do they assimilate to other cultures when they move into your neighborhood? (better ask the europeans that one; might not like the answer)

In response to the question about art, its Arabesque art...and is against their beliefs to depict someone in art...the art is seen in just about every aspect of Islamic life, and is very beautiful.

They are tolerant to other beliefs, and it is part of Muslim faith to not harm their Abrahamic brothers, Christians and Jews. However, we are bombarded with radical Muslims who commit acts of terror which are not justified, and MOST Muslims do not want to kill all Christians

Old 05-03-2008, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Fudoshin1115
Quote:
I'd like for the Islam supporters/apologists on this board to name one thing that backwards religion/culture/political ideaology has contributed to the world in the last 1,000 years.
LoL you truly don't know history do ya?
The concept of zero is invented by the Arabs. How do you wanna reach the digital age without the number 0?
The Arabs also invented the analogue computer, the parachute, flight controls, artificial wings, the artificially-powered manned rocket, astronauts & space exploration, camera technology, coffee and many other things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or