Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 01:07 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by HsvMike
Quote:
A non-Christian telling a Christian what is and isn't Christian. Wow I better start taking notes.
I agree, you should.

My point is that fascists begin fascism for the same reason that you put your family before all other families.
Christians will not act like Jesus until they put a Jewish family, or a Buddhist family or an atheist family before their own Christian family.

Quote:
Are you married, and do you have any children?
Was Jesus married and did he have children?
Or are you saying that being married exempts you from having to sacrifice yourself?

Originally Posted by KrisKr
Quote:
****, still at 11-reputation.
I have to rep 10 other people before I can rep you again and I do not rep random people just to rep the individual of my choice.
I don't roll like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 04:47 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,356,599 times
I looked for this in the post, but did not see it, might give those who are looking to point fingers a second thought.

The Federal Bureau of Prisons does have statistics on religious
affiliations of inmates. The following are total number of
inmates per religion category:

Response Number %
---------------------------- --------
Catholic 29267 39.164%
Protestant 26162 35.008%
Muslim 5435 7.273%
American Indian 2408 3.222%
Nation 1734 2.320%
Rasta 1485 1.987%
Jewish 1325 1.773%
Church of Christ 1303 1.744%
Pentecostal 1093 1.463%
Moorish 1066 1.426%
Buddhist 882 1.180%
Jehovah Witness 665 0.890%
Adventist 621 0.831%
Orthodox 375 0.502%
Mormon 298 0.399%
Scientology 190 0.254%
Atheist 156 0.209%
Hindu 119 0.159%
Santeria 117 0.157%
Sikh 14 0.019%
Bahai 9 0.012%
Krishna 7 0.009%
---------------------------- --------
Total Known Responses 74731 100.001% (rounding to 3 digits does this)

Old 05-24-2008, 08:18 PM

2,221 posts, read 2,926,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
I agree, you should.
And look at that, I can't find a pencil or paper, oh well.

Quote:
My point is that fascists begin fascism for the same reason that you put your family before all other families.
Christians will not act like Jesus until they put a Jewish family, or a Buddhist family or an atheist family before their own Christian family.
I will put my family in front of a Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, athiest, or any other family. That's how I roll.

Quote:
Was Jesus married and did he have children?
Or are you saying that being married exempts you from having to sacrifice yourself?
I do think Jesus was married, but I think that would be going way off topic, anyway. I was just asking you personally, but if it is too personal I do understand.

Quote:
I have to rep 10 other people before I can rep you again and I do not rep random people just to rep the individual of my choice.
I don't roll like that.
I agree, you have to earn my rep too.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:36 PM

Quote:
And look at that, I can't find a pencil or paper, oh well.
That is not my problem.

Quote:
I will put my family in front of a Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, athiest, or any other family. That's how I roll.
True, but it is not how a Christian should roll. You cannot pick and choose which philosophy of Jesus you would like to follow or not.

Quote:
I was just asking you personally, but if it is too personal I do understand.
No it is just irrelevant, because if a child loves his parent more than he would love God he cannot be a follower of Jesus, just as a parent who loves his child more than God cannot be a follower of Jesus either.

Old 05-24-2008, 11:04 PM

34 posts, read 124,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by souhilo1 View Post
If Islam is the best religion , why are many of the muslims criminals?
Because they are not geologists and geophysicists,
believing Earth Science and Ancient Rock the best.

Ancient Rock

Old 05-26-2008, 07:50 AM

Quote:
True, but it is not how a Christian should roll. You cannot pick and choose which philosophy of Jesus you would like to follow or not.
So since I shot down your whole, Mike is putting Christians first, now I am picking and choosing what philosophy to believe? I believe everything that Christ teaches, you can believe that.

Quote:
No it is just irrelevant, because if a child loves his parent more than he would love God he cannot be a follower of Jesus, just as a parent who loves his child more than God cannot be a follower of Jesus either.
Have some kids, then you can talk to me about putting things first. I told you that I am not perfect, never claim to be and never will be, not until after my time on Earth is done. I live the best way I can. Having children and a family gives you a totally different perspective. Atleast it did to me.

You don't live in the United States yet you try and tell me how the culture and way of life is around here. You are not a believer but tell me how I should live my life according to Christ's teachings. Apparently you are not a parent and you are telling me how I should care for my children and family. Wow I hope your life is that perfect that you can tell me how to live mine, without much expertise in it at all.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:55 AM

Quote:
So since I shot down your whole, Mike is putting Christians first, now I am picking and choosing what philosophy to believe?
Shut down what?
If you believe Christ to be the son of God, God obviously had no problem with sacrificing his son.
God did something he only asked Abraham to do, but which God had no right to ask.
It would be like God asking you to sacrifice one of your children in order to prove to Him that you love God more than your own family.
I guess Christians still haven't realised that Jesus sacrificed himself for all humanity (and the rest of the world) and not just the Christians.

Quote:
Have some kids, then you can talk to me about putting things first.
LoL that is the same as asking me to be a women first before I can have an opinion about women.
Besidez as an older brother I already have had experience in raising children because in the absence of my parents I had to raise my younger brother.

Old 05-28-2008, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Shut down what?If you believe Christ to be the son of God, God obviously had no problem with sacrificing his son.
God did something he only asked Abraham to do, but which God had no right to ask.
It would be like God asking you to sacrifice one of your children in order to prove to Him that you love God more than your own family.
I guess Christians still haven't realised that Jesus sacrificed himself for all humanity (and the rest of the world) and not just the Christians.
I shut down your whole theory that I put Christians above all else. Personally I couldn't care less what religion you are or lack there of, if you are a good person, that matters more to me more than anything else. And of course I believe that Jesus sacrificed himself for everyone and not just Christians, it is narrow minded to think otherwise.

Quote:
LoL that is the same as asking me to be a women first before I can have an opinion about women.
Besidez as an older brother I already have had experience in raising children because in the absence of my parents I had to raise my younger brother.
Your logic is flawed here. I'll take your first statement first. While you can talk about general topics about women, when it comes to more points in detail then no, us as guys really have no say in certain matters.

Just as with kids you can discuss general matters but IMO if you don't have or have never had kids, then don't tell me how to raise my kids, punish my kids, how I prioritize my kids etc. Certain things you have no idea until you experience it for yourself.

Lastly, while you helped raise your brother, a tie between siblings cannot compare to the relationship between a parent and child. It's on a whole different level.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:39 AM

Quote:
I shut down your whole theory that I put Christians above all else.
No you did not, you just admitted that you put your family, who just happen to be Christian, first.

Quote:
Just as with kids you can discuss general matters but IMO if you don't have or have never had kids, then don't tell me how to raise my kids, punish my kids, how I prioritize my kids etc. Certain things you have no idea until you experience it for yourself.
So you are saying that a stepfather, older sibling, or another legal guardian cannot have any experience in raising children unless the children are actually his?

Quote:
Lastly, while you helped raise your brother, a tie between siblings cannot compare to the relationship between a parent and child. It's on a whole different level.
So older siblings who practically raised their younger siblings on their own, because their parents are junkies or drunks, have no experience at all in raising children?

Old 05-28-2008, 07:50 AM

896 posts, read 1,864,864 times
Quote:
If Islam is the best religion , why are many of the muslims criminals?
Who (apart from Muslims) says it's the best religion? Best at what? Or for what?

Why are there criminals who are Muslim? In my opinion for the same reason that many Christians, Jews, Buddhists, et all are criminals.... they're human beings with all the weaknesses that come with the package of being a human being.

Last edited by northsider; 05-28-2008 at 07:53 AM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam