U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 02:26 PM

148 posts, read 263,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
The purpose of this forum is for all to be able to express what they believe. Actually, this is the first time I've seen a Muslim start a thread and I have seen posters question why more Muslims aren't on the board. You have to understand that America is predominantly Christian, built and based on Christianity. We're not going to agree with you. But you can find people who will question why you believe like you do.

As a matter of fact, I have questions. Although the story is completely different than the Bible, what you just quoted seems to imply that the Koran suggests that Jesus is in fact the Savior? Is that true? Do you believe that Jesus Christ was born of a virgin and is the Son of God? That He died on the cross for our sins, was raised from the dead, and will be coming again? Where did Mohammed get his information? Is Mohammed the only one who wrote the Koran? I guess I have more questions that I thought.

May Allah guide you to the truth, and reward you for being polite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 02:30 PM

153. The people of the Scripture (Jews) ask you to cause a book to descend upon them from heaven. Indeed they asked Msa (Moses) for even greater than that, when they said: "Show us Allh in public," but they were struck with thunder clap and lightning for their wickedness. Then they worshipped the calf even after clear proofs, evidences, and signs had come to them. (Even) so We forgave them. And We gave Msa (Moses) a clear proof of authority.

154. And for their covenant, We raised over them the Mount and (on the other occasion) We said: "Enter the gate prostrating (or bowing) with humility;" and We commanded them: "Transgress not (by doing worldly works on) the Sabbath (Saturday)." And We took from them a firm covenant[].

155. Because of their breaking the covenant, and of their rejecting the Ayt (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allh, and of their killing the Prophets unjustly, and of their saying: "Our hearts are wrapped (with coverings, i.e. we do not understand what the Messengers say)" - nay, Allh has set a seal upon their hearts because of their disbelief, so they believe not but a little.

156. And because of their (Jews) disbelief and uttering against Maryam (Mary <> <> ) a grave false charge (that she has committed illegal sexual intercourse);

157. And because of their saying (in boast), "We killed Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allh," - but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but the resemblance of 'Iesa (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man), and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e. 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) <><><>]:

158. But Allh raised him ['Iesa (Jesus)] up (with his body and soul) unto Himself (and he <><> is in the heavens). And Allh is Ever All­Powerful, All­Wise.

Old 05-15-2008, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
may be we believe that it's the truth because you can't proof its false .

whatever we didn't mean to impose our beliefs , we just exchange our views .
thank you very much, brother: ewill.

May Allah reward you for that.

Old 05-15-2008, 02:47 PM

62 posts, read 173,544 times
157 is exactly what the Pharisees tried to make others believe but it didn't work, there was an issue with all the eye witnesses.

Resurrection of Jesus: More Eye-witness Accounts
The resurrection of Jesus was also declared in numerous other accounts, including the appearance of Jesus to Mary Magdalene (John 20:10-18), to other women (Matthew 28:8-10), to Cleopas and his companion (Luke 24:13-32), to eleven disciples and others (Luke 24:33-49), to ten apostles and others (excluding Thomas) (John 20:19-23), to the apostles (including Thomas) (John 20:26-30), to seven apostles (John 21:1-14), to the disciples (Matthew 28:16-20), and to the apostles on the Mount of Olives (Luke 24:50-52 and Acts 1:4-9). The ultimate test of credibility for these eye-witnesses was that many of them faced martyrdom for their eye-witness testimony. This is dramatic! These witnesses knew the truth. What could they possibly gain by dying for a known lie? The evidence speaks for itself, these weren’t just religious faithful dying for a religious belief, these were followers of Jesus Christ dying for a historical event – His resurrection that established Him as the Son of God.

If Jesus didn't die on the cross then our sins aren't forgiven, then we ALL go to hell. This should bother us all!

Just My Thoughts!

Old 05-15-2008, 02:55 PM

To be safe, Just say: La ilah illaa Allah ( no god but God Allah )

say it from your heart, since it is the truth.

The most beautiful word in the world
(La ilah illaa Allah)

This is the secret of the existence.

for this word you are created, and for this word there are Heaven and Hell, and according to this word you will be judged,
so if you satisfy this word you will go to Paradise, but if you refuse this truth you will go to Hell.
For this greatest truth God glory be to Him send the prophets peace be upon them.

Part of the people says that there is no God
And part of the people says that there are many gods
And we say that: there is only One God, no god but He.

[CENTER]so Quickly come to The Most Generous One
So that you will be forgiven

Ask Him as much as you can
He is The Rich and owns The Heaven

The good things is in His Holy Hands
Ask Him more and see what happen

You can never hold in a glass
The whole sea, How can that fit in?

and because of the Greatness of God
He is above what you think and imagine

There is no comparable unto Him
The Most High, The All Rich, Oft forgiving

The King, The Holy, The Mighty as well
you usually loose, but He always wins

The Gracious, The Peace, The All Powerful
The Wise, The light of Earth and Heavens

The Guider, The Judge, The Truth and The Just
His word pushes the dead to listen

The Noble, The Lord, The Glorious and The Firm
The first, The Last, The Evident and The Hidden

The Giver of life, The taker of life
Every thing dies, but He The Living

The nature does not create, but God
He said Be so see what happened

Jesus peace be upon him was
This is a sign for you and Jinn

Also the fire was cold, and peace
When Abraham, was thrown therein

Since He is The Most Generous One
It is one of three conditions

Either to give you what you ask
Or prevent a harm from touching you
Or to give you more in Heaven
[/CENTER]

Finally, I would like to thank the prophet who invites us to God and His grace:

Mohammad is gentle, Mohammad is light
Mohammad (the prophet) was very polite

Mohammad was telling only truth
Mohammad is honest, Mohammad is right

Peace be upon you O Mohammad
During the day, and during the night

Old 05-15-2008, 03:23 PM

4,349 posts, read 6,617,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junos View Post
157 is exactly what the Pharisees tried to make others believe but it didn't work, there was an issue with all the eye witnesses.

Resurrection of Jesus: More Eye-witness Accounts
The resurrection of Jesus was also declared in numerous other accounts, including the appearance of Jesus to Mary Magdalene (John 20:10-18), to other women (Matthew 28:8-10), to Cleopas and his companion (Luke 24:13-32), to eleven disciples and others (Luke 24:33-49), to ten apostles and others (excluding Thomas) (John 20:19-23), to the apostles (including Thomas) (John 20:26-30), to seven apostles (John 21:1-14), to the disciples (Matthew 28:16-20), and to the apostles on the Mount of Olives (Luke 24:50-52 and Acts 1:4-9). The ultimate test of credibility for these eye-witnesses was that many of them faced martyrdom for their eye-witness testimony. This is dramatic! These witnesses knew the truth. What could they possibly gain by dying for a known lie? The evidence speaks for itself, these werent just religious faithful dying for a religious belief, these were followers of Jesus Christ dying for a historical event His resurrection that established Him as the Son of God.

If Jesus didn't die on the cross then our sins aren't forgiven, then we ALL go to hell. This should bother us all!

Just My Thoughts!
You harp on this like it really holds any value. The bible was written so far after the fact that as a historical resource it is worthless. The writers are unknown and names of supposed disciples, of a person who may or may not have existed, are given credit for the works they could not have lived long enough to write. It is a fools folly to put any value in it at all, much less use it as a reference or plan your life by it.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:39 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,038,348 times
Quote:
I mean no disrespect with this. You can worship who you want. But let's at least be honest when we try to compare Jesus (God) to anyone.

Jesus's teaching on how to treat enemies:
  • Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, pray for them which despitefully use you (Matthew 5:44).
  • Resist not evil (Matthew 5:39).
  • If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to them the other (Matthew 5:39).
  • If someone takes your coat, give them your shirt (Matthew 5:40).
  • If someone make you carry something one mile, carry it two (Matthew 5:41).
  • Forgive and you shall be forgiven (Matthew 6:14).
  • Judge not, that ye be not judged (Matthew 7:1).
  • Blessed are the peacemakers (Matthew 5:9).
  • Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy (Matthew 5:7).
  • Ye have heard that it was said, Thou shalt not kill, but I say who ever is angry with his brother is in danger of the judgment (Matthew 5:21-22).
  • Treat others the same way you want them to treat you (Luke 6:27-36).
  • Feed the hungry, clothe the naked, visit the sick, whatever you do to the very least you have done unto me (Matthew 25:40).

all these verses are great teaching , which muslims believe in

Quote:
Muhammad's teaching on how to treat enemies:
  • Infidels are your sworn enemies (Sura 4:101).
  • Be ruthless to the infidels (Sura 48:29).
  • Make war on the infidels who dwell around you (Sura 9:123, 66:9).
  • Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day (Sura 9:29).
  • Strike off the heads of infidels in battle (Sura 47:4).
  • If someone stops believing in Allah, kill him (al-Bukhari 9:84:57).
  • Take neither the Jews nor the Christians for your friends (Sura 5:51, 60:13).
  • Never be a helper to the disbelievers (Sura 28:86).
  • Kill the disbelievers wherever we find them (Sura 2:191).
  • No Muslim should be killed for killing an infidel (al-Bukhari 1:3:111).
  • The only reward of those who make war upon Allah and His messenger will be that they will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land (Sura 5:33).

it's seems to me that you quote it , i hoped if you read these verses in its entire context from the quran first , then if you have any questions you are wellcome
you must to know that all violence in quran within a warfare

Quote:
When you compare Jesus and Muhammad you get a much better picture of how things really are. He (Muhammad) may have preached one way, but it sure seems his practice was much different. Please review these and correct me where I'm wrong. I haven't read the entire Quran but I've read some.

you didn't compare between them , anti_islamic site did

just for now i will quote you 2 verses which may be help you to understand such a verses from quran
[60:8,9]
Allah does not forbid you respecting those who have not made war against you on account of (your) religion, and have not driven you forth from your homes, that you show them kindness and deal with them justly; surely Allah loves the doers of justice.

Allah only forbids you respecting those who made war upon you on account of (your) religion, and drove you forth from your homes and backed up (others) in your expulsion, that you make friends with them, and whoever makes friends with them, these are the unjust.

[2:190,191,192,193]
And fight in the way of Allah with those who fight with you, and do not exceed the limits, surely Allah does not love those who exceed the limits.

And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbelievers.

But if they desist, then surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

And fight with them until there is no persecution, and religion should be only for Allah, but if they desist, then there should be no hostility except against the oppressors.

Quote:
What motivates fundamental Muslims to violence? Where Jesus was a religious leader, Muhammad was a religious leader and a military leader, thus the effort to separate the militant aspect of Islam from the religious aspect is an attempt to split Muhammad. The closer one follows the example of Jesus, the more peaceful is one's motivation. The closer one follows example of Muhammad, the more militant is one's motivation.

Just My Thoughts!
you will need then to do more researchs on history to compare between motivation of christians and muslims .
but i don't seek to argue about history in this thread , so let us focus on the relegions

hope for you the best

Old 05-15-2008, 04:14 PM

8,830 posts, read 10,007,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I find this interesting, it would seem that there is more than one truth and yet they are basically both the same, just different interpretations.
Nah, you need to read all of the posts.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:46 PM

Quote:

Just My Thoughts!
1. people say that all the religions come to control life, yes?

Now if I know that someone had tasted the punishment for me, then why shall I do good all the time?
why not drinkig, raping, stealing and killing any one I don't like.

2. God is The Just, He will not punish you because of my sin or disbelief, and He will not punish me becase of your sin and disbelief.

So God will not let Jesus taste the punishment for the sin of human. It is unjust.

3. who is better, the son or the slaves?

If the slaves, then follow Mohammad PBUH because he is better than the son, because the son died for the slaves.

If the son is better, then why not the slaves die for him????

4. If Jesus died for our sins, then there will be no Hell at all, but you believe in Hell ?

5. If you believe in the truth that God is All Powerful, He can do what He wants, then why you don't believe that He put the resemblance of (Jesus) over another man?

6. Allah is The Loving, but not according to your false idea.
I can say that: USA is the best country for freedom, because I can kill whom I want and I can rape whom I want, etc.
But if the government forgave me because of this nice believe (that USA is the freedom country), then it is a fool govrnment we can deceive it as we wish.

Dear brothers:

This is from satan, so that you will do evil and disbelieve, then you will go to Hell.

Now you can notice that Allah is The Most Merciful, because He gave you a chance.
forget about the past, and be truthful.
follow only the truth.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:55 PM

613 posts, read 1,173,253 times
you are not capable of speaking the truth...youre only a slave to it.....fitting name
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam