U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 01:21 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,333,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
may be we believe that it's the truth because you can't proof its false .

whatever we didn't mean to impose our beliefs , we just exchange our views .
We Christians do know that our Truth of Jesus predated Islamic truth of Jesus by 600 years. Do you know how long 600 years is? The Christian Truth of Jesus went unchallenged until some guy in the desert decided it wasn't truth?

And God just chuckled in heaven because he pulled a fast one on us Christians:
Jesus is Lord..............<....600 years...>........................"Hey Christians, Just kidding, ha, ha, ha, ha".........."Hey Christians, that was funny, I don't care who you are!".......................

You discount the folks that actually walked and lived with Jesus, but you believe a man who walked the earth 600 years later? You could see how many folks would be just a little sceptical of the Islamic position on Jesus.

I don't want to sound disrespectful, but Islam's concept of Jesus is false and makes no sense. But we've gone over this before.

Last edited by juj; 05-16-2008 at 01:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 08:50 PM

148 posts, read 263,540 times
The Truth at the end is only one.
x took your money, you call the police, x said: this is my money and this is the truth for me.
you said: this is my money, this is the truth.
the police said: you should not say: this is the truth.
say: this is the truth in my point of view, bcause x has another truth, too?
both of you has the truth, so share the money between both of you.
How can this happen?

We will see in the last day, who has the truth.

for me, I am Muslim, because I want to be in the safest way.

If I worshiped Allah Alone and believed that Jesus is a servant of God and His massenger and His Word (God said to him be, and he was), then I think God will not punish me (if Christianity is the truth) because He let the son Jesus die for my/our sin.

But If Islam is the truth, then I will lose every thing if I am christian, because I will be considered as a lie maker against The Most High, The Owner of Majesty and Nobility (Allah The Glorious and The Holy), so how evil is me if I am a lie maker against God.

Also, If all the prophets PBUT said: there is only one God, and they never said to people that God has a son or the holy spirit is God, then I think it is better for me to be in the safest way, the way of the prophets PBUT.

Old 05-17-2008, 02:30 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,039,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
We Christians do know that our Truth of Jesus predated Islamic truth of Jesus by 600 years. Do you know how long 600 years is? The Christian Truth of Jesus went unchallenged until some guy in the desert decided it wasn't truth?
i know how long 600 years is , it's too long!
what about 1500 years , do you know how long it is ?
Injeel not preserved for just 600 years , quran preserved for 1500 years , so why i trust your lost bible , and not trust mine ? you must give me reliabe reasons to not trust quran .
beside many christians scholars have doubts about the bible and divinity of jesus , isn't it right ?

the doubts about the bible raised from christians in the first place not from muslims .
peace

Old 05-19-2008, 04:58 AM

8,567 posts, read 14,804,653 times
I guess that it is a 'Jewish/Christian/Muslim tradition' to call people who were telling the truth, but at the same time contradicted their Holy Text, a blasphemer.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:11 AM

12,408 posts, read 16,479,274 times
I think someone misstated facts earlier.
This is NOT a Christian country.
It is NOT a religious state, and religious opinions are not SUPPOSED to determine public issues.
We must keep it this way in order to allow ALL religions and show respect to each of them.
If we involved religion in our politics and laws we would have to accomodate ALL religions in our laws, satanists would have an equal shot at formatting our public morality and ethics.
So, to remain a democracy, either we make room for all religions to participate in our political system, or we keep them all at arms length.
I think we have made the right decision because it is impossible to cater to every religion in this country.
Kids would stop classes to pray several times a day if they are Muslem. To get an equal education, the lessons would stop, too.
This would also happen in businesses.
In this country people are allowed to revere Mohammad or Jesus, and are equally allowed to wish they would both rot in hell(if there were a hell).
The life of Jesus, as depicted in the bible, has so many similarities to gods of other religions, both during and before he is said to have lived, that many people, even some Christians, question that he lived at all.
THere is great beauty in most religions, but also the potential for mindless destruction.
To me, when any religion goes fanatic, it becomes an instrument of evil. Actually, some holy books say that, claiming that the evil one particularly targets the devout.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:47 AM

148 posts, read 263,540 times
God The Most High said:

72. Surely, they have disbelieved who say: "Allh is the Messiah ['Iesa (Jesus)], son of Maryam (Mary)." But the Messiah ['Iesa (Jesus)] said: "O Children of Israel! Worship Allh, my Lord and your Lord." Verily, whosoever sets up partners in worship with Allh, then Allh has forbidden Paradise for him, and the Fire will be his abode[]. And for the Zlimn (polytheists and wrong­doers) there are no helpers.

73. Surely, disbelievers are those who said: "Allh is the third of the three (in a Trinity)." But there is no ilh (god) (none who has the right to be worshipped) but One Ilh (God -Allh). And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall the disbelievers among them.

74. Will they not repent to Allh and ask His Forgiveness? For Allh is Oft­Forgiving, Most Merciful.[]

75. The Messiah ['Iesa (Jesus)], son of Maryam (Mary), was no more than a Messenger; many were the Messengers that passed away before him. His mother [Maryam (Mary)] was a Siddiqah [i.e. she believed in the words of Allh and His Books (see Verse 66:12)]. They both used to eat food (as any other human being, while Allh does not eat). Look how We make the Ayt (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) clear to them, yet look how they are deluded away (from the truth).

76. Say (O Muhammad SAW to mankind): "How do you worship besides Allh something which has no power either to harm or to benefit you? But it is Allh Who is the All­Hearer, All­Knower."

77. Say (O Muhammad SAW): "O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Exceed not the limits in your religion (by believing in something) other than the truth, and do not follow the vain desires of people who went astray in times gone by, and who misled many, and strayed (themselves) from the Right Path."

Old 05-22-2008, 11:43 AM

4,439 posts, read 8,206,887 times
If you post the truth you won't get banned. However, the terms of service of city-data seem to indicate that if you continue to copy and paste multiple lines from one site without providing a source you could be banned.

At least thats what I read.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:49 PM

12,408 posts, read 16,479,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
If you post the truth you won't get banned. However, the terms of service of city-data seem to indicate that if you continue to copy and paste multiple lines from one site without providing a source you could be banned.

At least thats what I read.
Yes.
This is boring crap.
Is it meant to inspire?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam