U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2010, 02:38 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,190,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
Really , Completely, Fully,it applied ON men that was in iran before a few years

thanks
WOW, whoop-dee-doo, millions of followers...is this a contest to you? I don't care AT ALL how many follow Islam, Catholicism, any of it. IMO it's all fairytales and mind control.

One post you're hoping we can all get along, the next you try to fight and defend archaic religious laws based solely on NUMBERS??

Forget it.

Either produce the evidence**** that Iran EXECUTED MEN, in the same numbers (since numbers mean so much to you) as WOMEN are executed NOW...for ADULTERY....or please stop with the lame "oh, but Islam has many followers, see these numbers, arent they miraculous..."

**** Evidence, as in verifiable stories, statistics. If we can produce scores of verifiable human rights violations mitigated upon Muslim women in the name of sharia, you can at least attempt do the same showing how despicably Muslim men are suffering. Mmkay?

(Methinks this will be a looooong wait.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 03:09 PM

30,925 posts, read 31,810,788 times
Well, they do stone men as well as women, but I suspect far more women meet that fate...Google even tries to correct my search ...Did you mean: muslim woman stoned to death

Warning ...Do not watch the videos unless you have a strong stomach. They are gruesome.

Google... "muslim men stoned to death"

The above example of Sharia, should upset anybody...

Old 07-16-2010, 04:33 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,431,183 times
Quote:
what about your torah then ?

My religious tradition is not up for discussion because I do not say it is right and everyone else is wrong. On the contrary I say we all are children of G-d. I do not need to prove a thing because I understand their are many religions and we follow the path that is right for us. Only those who need to believe they have the only truth want others to prove the truthfulness of what they believe.

Old 07-16-2010, 07:47 PM

817 posts, read 1,927,978 times
Again, I ask of any muslims here....what do you want in the US with regard to sharia? Do you want sharia to be codified and enforced by the government?

Old 07-17-2010, 05:11 AM

2,782 posts, read 3,736,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Well, they do stone men as well as women, but I suspect far more women meet that fate...Google even tries to correct my search ...Did you mean: muslim woman stoned to death

Warning ...Do not watch the videos unless you have a strong stomach. They are gruesome.

Google... "muslim men stoned to death"

The above example of Sharia, should upset anybody...

YouTube - Stop the Stoning of Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani (Free to Mirror]

Old 07-17-2010, 06:12 AM

It just blows my mind that there are people who support sharia. It is even more upsetting that there are people who support stoning, hanging, beheading or any other barbaric, cruel forms of execution. What comes to my mind is where is the humanity of people who condone such treatment of others. These acts hurt my heart they are so barbaric yet I know in muslim countries not only are they carried out but in the case of stoning the population helps do it. I ask again of the Muslims here where is your humanity, empathy, and soul because in my book to support any of this means those are in question.

Old 07-17-2010, 12:21 PM

12,408 posts, read 16,502,726 times
Quote:
I did not say take my law, just I Correct what you have of mistaken ideas about shariah I do not care to be convinced or not ...You are free

I SAY WHAT IT IS AS IT, NO MORE

If non-Muslims were oppressed in Muslim countries why you find MOST of them our countries, you Find thousands of Jews, Christians, Hindus have here,So You find them enjoying, Their rights fully Americans..Europeans ..etc

When I spoke about Zakat even To show you that Jizya not Suppress it is as Zakat Imposed on Muslims as Taxes on Americans
You can lie by speaking an untruth, but you also lie when implying something that deliberately misleads people.

The Muslim countries whose people are prosperous are so because of oil money and not the religion.

Non Muslims in countries like Saudi Arabia have their reading materials censored are not allowed to wear small crosses and periodically cannot even import bibles into the country.

Obviously, the Muslim religion is fearful of competition.

Gosh, a woman cannot even fly to another country without her husband's consent. What screwed up thinking!

There are some sort of decency police who beat women in public if they do not wear a veil or if their arms are showing, etc.

A person would have to not be thinking clearly to wonder why Sharia is found repulsive in Western countries. It is archaic. It will fail, probably the minute that we decide to use sources for energy other than oil.

Jews in no way actively try to recruit all into their religion. They also do not try to impose their religious laws upon the Western countries they are in.

Last edited by goldengrain; 07-17-2010 at 01:38 PM..

Old 07-17-2010, 02:28 PM

10,691 posts, read 11,709,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
i argued many times in many forums about sharia in islam .
but all of them focused on why we impose islamic laws on nonmuslims
so i want for this discussion to be quite different here

my question is , if sharia law not contradict with commands of God of other relegions , why you deny it ?
is it because it's islamic ? or because it's issues oppose your relegion ?

so, what do you think sharia is ?

YouTube - US born Noor Nishan and her escape from Islam in America

YouTube - U.S. Muslim Beheads Wife. Sharia Law and Honor Killings in America, What's Next!

YouTube - Islamic Honor Killings in America(Part 2 of 4)

Old 07-17-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
i argued many times in many forums about sharia in islam .
but all of them focused on why we impose islamic laws on nonmuslims
so i want for this discussion to be quite different here

my question is , if sharia law not contradict with commands of God of other relegions , why you deny it ?
is it because it's islamic ? or because it's issues oppose your relegion ?

so, what do you think sharia is ?

We deny it because the laws of the land ought NOT to be religious laws. There should be a division between religion and government.

We deny Sharia because it is barbaric, and violent.

We deny Sharia because we DO NOT want to live under it.

Why do you keep arguing?

You have your answer.

If you want to live under Islamic law go to an islamic country that has religious law governing its country.

You could go to Afghanistan and live under the taliban, or Saudia Arabia and live under the rules of the kingdom, or to Samalia they are trying to form a government under Sharia. They all sound like places any sharia loving person would want to go.

Last edited by Jazzymom; 07-17-2010 at 04:30 PM..

Old 07-17-2010, 04:17 PM

40,187 posts, read 26,806,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
We deny it because the laws of the land ought NOT to be religious laws. There should be a division between religion and government.

We deny Sharia because it is barbaric, and violent.

We deny Sharia because we DO NOT want to live under it.

Why do you keep arguing?

You have your answer.

If you want to live under Islamic law go to an islamic country that has religious law governing its country.

You could go to Afghanistan and live under the taliban, or Saudia Arabia and live under the rules of he kingdom, or to Samalia they are trying to form a government under Sharia. They all sound like places any sharia loving person would want to go.
Amen. Sharia is a barbaric, stone age, uncivilized deen that violates human rights and decency and intrudes into the private lives of people . It imposes barbarous punishments in the name of their IMPOTENT God . . . who apparently NEEDS weak and autocratic humans to enforce His laws!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam