U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-17-2010, 08:01 PM
 
10,691 posts, read 11,703,374 times
Reputation: 6044

Advertisements


YouTube - Arab Festival 2009: Sharia in the US



YouTube - Sharia Law in America? (6.25.10)



YouTube - Is Sharia Law Being Practiced in Dearborn Michigan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-19-2010, 07:37 AM
 
Location: Earth Wanderer, longing for the stars.
12,408 posts, read 16,492,619 times
Reputation: 8779
Does the OP want to opine over the possibility of another religion holding such a 'festival' in a Muslim country and what would happen if the proponents of that religion kicked out innocent Muslims, just trying to ask questions, etc?

You know, I find abhorrant any religion that says it is the ONLY way and actively recruits members. Jews don't do that, which is why they fit so nicely in a free and democratic society. I don't think Hindus or Buddhists do that, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2010, 08:14 AM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,379,377 times
Reputation: 3735
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Does the OP want to opine over the possibility of another religion holding such a 'festival' in a Muslim country and what would happen if the proponents of that religion kicked out innocent Muslims, just trying to ask questions, etc?

You know, I find abhorrant any religion that says it is the ONLY way and actively recruits members. Jews don't do that, which is why they fit so nicely in a free and democratic society. I don't think Hindus or Buddhists do that, either.
Nope. You're right. Only the theocractic thuggos want it done that way. The subversive nature of Islam should be transparently obvious to any interested observers, but hey; the average Westerner has been lulled to sleep by their utter trust on their government and their Church.

When we do wake up, it may only be when we're in a truly desperate state of affairs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2010, 07:23 AM
 
Location: Earth Wanderer, longing for the stars.
12,408 posts, read 16,492,619 times
Reputation: 8779
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Nope. You're right. Only the theocractic thuggos want it done that way. The subversive nature of Islam should be transparently obvious to any interested observers, but hey; the average Westerner has been lulled to sleep by their utter trust on their government and their Church.

When we do wake up, it may only be when we're in a truly desperate state of affairs!
Sadly, I agree, and when things get desperate often bad and unscrupulous people lead the mob of angry villagers and what they do often ends up being worse than what they are fighting against.
A democracy is only as strong as the press is uncontrolled and that is disappearing in the U.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2010, 12:25 PM
 
Location: Not yet
251 posts, read 373,813 times
Reputation: 26
rifleman, Excuse me, my post has been removed because I copied some of the words then I Now re-edit


Oh I agree, ma'am. There should be no differences between male and female inequalities and punishments. Unfortunately, this is not the documented case in Islam. I'm surprised you defend it's core values, quite frankly. Perhaps you work for the state or are a virtual prisoner in an actively chauvinistic Muslim country, or are being watched.


NO. not that I say what it is true, Believe it or not you are free

I know my religion well no more,

no differences between male and female inequalities and punishments..

A suggestion: do freely come and live in America for just a couple of years. We have many Muslim communities here. (but be warned: you may not want to go back to wherever..)

(and... my apologies for assuming you were a male. We can't know unless you tell us...).

no problem. anyway, whatever a human lived in any country,it must yearning to Homeland

1) It should be obvious that I am an ardent supporter of women's right as well. I cannot abide male chauvinism. YES

You even find a western women suffer from violence by men Of murder, rape, beatings ..etc

2) I did indeed see that this was the likely result of a particular judge's personal biases. But it was still upheld. Where's the public anger and dismay at this verdict?

as I daid before, The penalty for adultery is to be the person(male or femal) who declared before the people and recognized/ admitted of it
Islam urges for a man/woman to conceal her/himself repent to God


If some local judge here in America tried to execute someone (first by public stoning, and then retreating to the more quiet and private hanging, but only because he was biased against this one woman) the result would be a vast public outcry of injustice, along with defenders of the wronged woman arriving to physically save her no matter how.

Application of the rule of God as it is without injustice

I see have in America An unjust sentence on the some

But apparently the death sentence is still likely in this case under Sharia or Islam. Unprotested.

As to the duality of the law, apparently there has been a more than a few such public stonings of women in the past few years, but none for men. What? There's been no adulterous men in all of Islam in the past 10 years? Amazing!


not this,

Iran has done the stoning more than one man in previous years, as I read

again, the penalty for adultery is to be the person(male or femal) who declared before the people and recognized/ admitted of it
Islam urges for a man/woman to conceal her/himself repent to God


And since yes it does mandate four male (or two female..) witnesses, how did this woman receive such a cruel punishment? There's no mention of any witnesses, but so what? Is simple adultery rightfully punishable by death? In addition to the 99 lashes under which she "confessed"?

a judge entails the recognition/confession ,That a greater tolerance


That's not barbaric enough?


NO

I can get any confession out of anyone under such circumstances. Even that the victim is indeed the Anti-Christ. Or Noah himself. Anything! Such confessions under duress are inadmissible in the courts here, precisely because they are invalid.

A culture based on tortured confessions, of skewed gender equality, of outright chauvinism, publicly known judicial biases and antiquated theistic laws?

It's OK: you can have it there forever, but do not try to import idiotic, stupid and barbarous laws into an educated and free country. Yes, we have our various problems in the West, but we have long ago stopped public humiliation, physical mutilation and execution, especially for a minor infraction. Why not religious banishment, having to wear a certain colored burkah for a year, or even house arrest or local imprisonment for, say, 6 months? who?

first, Islamic law is not Barbaric. Did you know that the legislation in Islam are the same in the Torah and the Gospel? I guess no I had learned about Christianity and Islam, Judaism and compared each other and found that Islam is the easier one You as an atheist impossibility of aware of this But the blame only on the people of the book is not for you Who rejected the legislation of God in their books So, Why focus on Islam O every Jew and Christian, I know your religion well


***snip****, Despite all this freedom the West have yet to find happiness and comfort right? Despair suicide , blues Do you agree with me? Where is the problem then

John Foster Dulles, who wrote a book entitled “War or Peace”
that included a chapter “Our Spiritual
Need”. In this chapter, he addressed many things that America lacks.

He wrote: “The problem is not one of material things, for we have the

state-of-the-art materials. What we really need is strong sound faith,
for without it all our materials do not worth a tinker’s cuss. Such
deficiency that arises out of lack of faith cannot be compensated for
by politicians, diplomats, scholars or anyone else.”



But death? Just applied to the women in reality? How intolerable and unjust. IMHO...


. See Muslim women in the world, we are comfortable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2010, 01:42 PM
 
5,906 posts, read 5,188,382 times
Reputation: 4536
Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
no differences between male and female inequalities and punishments..
It's been established by numerous examples that there are HUGE differences.

Quote:
no problem. anyway, whatever a human lived in any country,it must yearning to Homeland
Not always...and oftentimes new immigrants actually take the time to assimilate into their new host country.

Quote:
You even find a western women suffer from violence by men Of murder, rape, beatings ..etc
Are you seriously trying to compare the state of women's rights in the West and the Middle East? EPIC FAIL.

Quote:
as I daid before, The penalty for adultery is to be the person(male or femal) who declared before the people and recognized/ admitted of it
Islam urges for a man/woman to conceal her/himself repent to God
Male adultery: the wife must prove his guilt.

Female adultery: the wife must prove her innocence.

NOT fair, NOT equal.

And that ridiculous attitude in Islam that mere concealment will prevent adultery or rape is baseless beyond belief. It also appears that the victim needs to repent for BEING A VICTIM. What on earth?

Quote:
Application of the rule of God as it is without injustice

I see have in America An unjust sentence on the some
Again, you're seriously trying to compare the justice systems of the West and the Middle East? Good grief, there IS no comparison.

One system at least makes the serious attempt to utilize EVIDENCE.

Quote:
again, the penalty for adultery is to be the person(male or femal) who declared before the people and recognized/ admitted of it
Islam urges for a man/woman to conceal her/himself repent to God
Yawn. Not sure if this is accurate, but it sounds like the premise is "victim became victim for not concealing themselves properly...and because they were victimized, they'd better repent to Allah..."

Nonsensical.

Quote:
a judge entails the recognition/confession ,That a greater tolerance
LMAO. Again, forget the concept of EVIDENCE, let's beat the confession out of her...and then be done with her!

Quote:
first, Islamic law is not Barbaric. Did you know that the legislation in Islam are the same in the Torah and the Gospel? I guess no I had learned about Christianity and Islam, Judaism and compared each other and found that Islam is the easier one You as an atheist impossibility of aware of this But the blame only on the people of the book is not for you Who rejected the legislation of God in their books So, Why focus on Islam O every Jew and Christian, I know your religion well
Hello, our laws are decidedly NOT derived from the bible. Many christians would like to think so, but they are mistaken.

Quote:
***snip****, Despite all this freedom the West have yet to find happiness and comfort right? Despair suicide , blues Do you agree with me? Where is the problem then

John Foster Dulles, who wrote a book entitled “War or Peace”
that included a chapter “Our Spiritual
Need”. In this chapter, he addressed many things that America lacks.

He wrote: “The problem is not one of material things, for we have the

state-of-the-art materials. What we really need is strong sound faith,
for without it all our materials do not worth a tinker’s cuss. Such
deficiency that arises out of lack of faith cannot be compensated for
by politicians, diplomats, scholars or anyone else.”
I don't care one iota what Mr. Dulles thinks, he does not speak for me, my community, or my family. And if you're trying to convince us that no Muslims experience depression (the "blues"), I've got a bridge in NYC to sell you.

Quote:
. See Muslim women in the world, we are comfortable
What, as they're stuck up to their necks in the sand, waiting for that first stone to hit them?

It is NO SECRET that many Muslim women suffer at the hands of their husbands, fathers/brothers/uncles, or local police because of the inequities dictated in the Quran. To claim that we in the West are misinformed is the height of dishonesty and evasion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2010, 01:56 PM
 
5,906 posts, read 5,188,382 times
Reputation: 4536
A good look at the history of domestic violence around the world--what used to be permissible, what has changed over time:

Herstory of Domestic Violence: A Timeline of the Battered Women's Movement - MINCAVA Electronic Clearinghouse (http://www.mincava.umn.edu/documents/herstory/herstory.html - broken link)

Note the near-total lack of entries stemming from Islamic countries. Iran has one, and I don't know if it's still on the books.

Pretty clear to me that the expansive West has actively sought to update and reconsider the treatment of women in its societies. Is it perfect? Absolutely not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2010, 01:58 PM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,428,603 times
Reputation: 807
Imanway wrote:
first, Islamic law is not Barbaric. Did you know that the legislation in Islam are the same in the Torah and the Gospel? I guess no I had learned about Christianity and Islam, Judaism and compared each other and found that Islam is the easier one You as an atheist impossibility of aware of this But the blame only on the people of the book is not for you Who rejected the legislation of God in their books So, Why focus on Islam O every Jew and Christian, I know your religion well

In Europe and North America we don't have religious law that governs the people. In the United States we have a constitution.

I cannot think of any modern country that has laws governed by ancient biblical practice. Can you name any countries that have a majority Christian or Jewish population that are governed by ancient biblical law? Or that don't have multi religious populations who are able to freely practice their religions.

I can only think of Muslim countries that use sharia, have human rights violations and still stone, behead and treat women, and non muslims as 2nd class citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2010, 02:54 PM
 
Location: Not yet
251 posts, read 373,813 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Imanway wrote:
first, Islamic law is not Barbaric. Did you know that the legislation in Islam are the same in the Torah and the Gospel? I guess no I had learned about Christianity and Islam, Judaism and compared each other and found that Islam is the easier one You as an atheist impossibility of aware of this But the blame only on the people of the book is not for you Who rejected the legislation of God in their books So, Why focus on Islam O every Jew and Christian, I know your religion well

In Europe and North America we don't have religious law that governs the people. In the United States we have a constitution.

I cannot think of any modern country that has laws governed by ancient biblical practice. Can you name any countries that have a majority Christian or Jewish population that are governed by ancient biblical law? Or that don't have multi religious populations who are able to freely practice their religions.

I can only think of Muslim countries that use sharia, have human rights violations and still stone, behead and treat women, and non muslims as 2nd class citizens.


I totally know. This means that your religion is not suitable?, Does not believe in your book and the law of God! as he wants ...


God has commanded you that you abide Torah, Do religions become have an error but allah our lord had put them if said that an atheist may accept but you of the people of the Book how?


you said I can only think of Muslim countries that use sharia, have human rights violations and still stone, behead and treat women, and non muslims as 2nd class citizens


Thirty Islamic state, Islamic law is applying, Islamic law Living under Islam Why did not stoning? the answer as I mentioned to rifelman I mean that if Islam is barbaric then Judaism, Christianity Berbers also ,This means that we attribute it to God (Almighty)



behead= Nothing to do with Islam


treat women= Islam gave women their rights usurped before Islam


I am a Muslim girl who grew up in Islam I found the best treatment Praise be to Allah ..


as well as Islam is not a penalty but is the life
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2010, 03:23 PM
 
Location: Out in the Badlands
10,425 posts, read 8,792,353 times
Reputation: 7735
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
i argued many times in many forums about sharia in islam .
but all of them focused on why we impose islamic laws on nonmuslims
so i want for this discussion to be quite different here

my question is , if sharia law not contradict with commands of God of other relegions , why you deny it ?
is it because it's islamic ? or because it's issues oppose your relegion ?


so, what do you think sharia is ?
It upsets me because of the Twin Towers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top