U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-22-2010, 03:28 PM
 
Location: NZ Wellington
2,782 posts, read 3,732,217 times
Reputation: 591

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
behead= Nothing to do with Islam
"When ye encounter the infidels, strike off their heads till ye have made a great slaughter among them, and of the rest make fast the fetters"
Sound familiar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
treat women= Islam gave women their rights usurped before Islam
But not equal rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
I am a Muslim girl who grew up in Islam I found the best treatment Praise be to Allah
That's because you don't live under islamic law.

YouTube - Sharia Law is Wonderful! (Please Mirror)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-22-2010, 03:46 PM
 
Location: Not yet
251 posts, read 373,576 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
It's been established by numerous examples that there are HUGE differences.



Not always...and oftentimes new immigrants actually take the time to assimilate into their new host country.



Are you seriously trying to compare the state of women's rights in the West and the Middle East? EPIC FAIL.



Male adultery: the wife must prove his guilt.

Female adultery: the wife must prove her innocence.

NOT fair, NOT equal.

And that ridiculous attitude in Islam that mere concealment will prevent adultery or rape is baseless beyond belief. It also appears that the victim needs to repent for BEING A VICTIM. What on earth?



Again, you're seriously trying to compare the justice systems of the West and the Middle East? Good grief, there IS no comparison.

One system at least makes the serious attempt to utilize EVIDENCE.



Yawn. Not sure if this is accurate, but it sounds like the premise is "victim became victim for not concealing themselves properly...and because they were victimized, they'd better repent to Allah..."

Nonsensical.



LMAO. Again, forget the concept of EVIDENCE, let's beat the confession out of her...and then be done with her!



Hello, our laws are decidedly NOT derived from the bible. Many christians would like to think so, but they are mistaken.



I don't care one iota what Mr. Dulles thinks, he does not speak for me, my community, or my family. And if you're trying to convince us that no Muslims experience depression (the "blues"), I've got a bridge in NYC to sell you.



What, as they're stuck up to their necks in the sand, waiting for that first stone to hit them?

It is NO SECRET that many Muslim women suffer at the hands of their husbands, fathers/brothers/uncles, or local police because of the inequities dictated in the Quran. To claim that we in the West are misinformed is the height of dishonesty and evasion.

This very funny you talking about one woman stoned to death in Iran (as
Shiite) Why other countries are not ?

Iran: execution by stoning for adultery | World War 4 Report


When I read the statistics on violence against Western women I began to compare ..Why absolute freedom does not make western women happy?

While I invite you to Dubai, Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Turkey, Riyadh Jeddah ....etc Until you see how Muslim women live....
that Comfort women not to wear a bikini


So, rayneinspain , stay as you, I do not need to convincing you ..

but here Something strange,

If the status of women as you describe why American women convert to Islam ( I know will say I do not care ) Is not that refutes what you think!


I am talking about when you find out more than one billion people buy a particular commodity Is it reasonable that it is not good? it must There is a reason that attracted them ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2010, 04:07 PM
 
5,906 posts, read 5,185,699 times
Reputation: 4536
Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
This very funny you talking about one woman stoned to death in Iran (as
Shiite) Why other countries are not ?

Iran: execution by stoning for adultery | World War 4 Report


When I read the statistics on violence against Western women I began to compare ..Why absolute freedom does not make western women happy?

While I invite you to Dubai, Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Turkey, Riyadh Jeddah ....etc Until you see how Muslim women live....
that Comfort women not to wear a bikini


So, rayneinspain , stay as you, I do not need to convincing you ..

but here Something strange,

If the status of women as you describe why American women convert to Islam ( I know will say I do not care ) Is not that refutes what you think!


I am talking about when you find out more than one billion people buy a particular commodity Is it reasonable that it is not good? it must There is a reason that attracted them ...
My dear, why do you continue under the delusion that western women are unhappy? You make it sound as if we've all been beaten and raped, or at the very least, spend our days crying into tissues and dreaming of committing suicide.

I'm very sorry your information sources are not more accurate.

As always, trying to communicate with you has been nothing short of frustrating and completely devoid of enlightenment.

This thread may end, yet another one will come to take its place, another cut/paste Quran jobbie proselytizing to people in the west who want ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Islam in their personal lives (which is to say, no more than any Muslim wants Christianity/Atheism/Buddhism/Paganism in their own personal life).

On each new thread, we will try to point out your inconsistencies, glaring omissions, and outright falsifications...to stubbornly deaf ears.

So let me ask you this: If the Muslim posters will not listen to a single word coming from a non-Muslim, and, given the fact that the non-Muslim posters will never convert to Islam (OR allow sharia to infect our legal systems), WHY do these threads keep popping up?

It is absolutely your right to post them, but knowing they are not producing the results you want, why why why??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2010, 04:09 PM
 
5,906 posts, read 5,185,699 times
Reputation: 4536
Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
I am talking about when you find out more than one billion people buy a particular commodity Is it reasonable that it is not good? it must There is a reason that attracted them ...
Good grief, imanway, here you go again on the inane "numbers as proof" tangent. Look, Scientology has a bunch of followers, too...sure doesn't make it valid.

Numbers of followers DOES NOT MEAN there is truth. Period.

Edit: While Lebanon has banned the bikini, and shorts, for women, seems the women there see those laws to be the archaic joke they really are:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/770...i-a-no-no.html

Last edited by rayneinspain; 07-22-2010 at 04:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2010, 04:23 PM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,425,543 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
This very funny you talking about one woman stoned to death in Iran (as
Shiite) Why other countries are not ?

Iran: execution by stoning for adultery | World War 4 Report


When I read the statistics on violence against Western women I began to compare ..Why absolute freedom does not make western women happy?

While I invite you to Dubai, Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Turkey, Riyadh Jeddah ....etc Until you see how Muslim women live....
that Comfort women not to wear a bikini


So, rayneinspain , stay as you, I do not need to convincing you ..

but here Something strange,

If the status of women as you describe why American women convert to Islam ( I know will say I do not care ) Is not that refutes what you think!


I am talking about when you find out more than one billion people buy a particular commodity Is it reasonable that it is not good? it must There is a reason that attracted them ...

Everyone of my friends who converted to Islam did so because they married muslim men. They changed their whole life, dress and outlooks. They no longer look like american women they look like women who grew up in a muslim country.

The country I live in has true freedom for women. To drive, vote, work, go into public dressed as they like and not to have to have a male relative go with them. We do not have the moral police to harass women who are not dressed Islamically.

My country has freedom of religion so anyone can practice any religion they want and not be afraid. Muslims are given much more freedom then Muslim countries give to Christians.

I think if you visited my country you would be surprised at how much misinformation you have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2010, 04:50 PM
 
Location: Not yet
251 posts, read 373,576 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
My dear, why do you continue under the delusion that western women are unhappy? You make it sound as if we've all been beaten and raped, or at the very least, spend our days crying into tissues and dreaming of committing suicide.

I'm very sorry your information sources are not more accurate.

As always, trying to communicate with you has been nothing short of frustrating and completely devoid of enlightenment.

This thread may end, yet another one will come to take its place, another cut/paste Quran jobbie proselytizing to people in the west who want ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Islam in their personal lives (which is to say, no more than any Muslim wants Christianity/Atheism/Buddhism/Paganism in their own personal life).

On each new thread, we will try to point out your inconsistencies, glaring omissions, and outright falsifications...to stubbornly deaf ears.

So let me ask you this: If the Muslim posters will not listen to a single word coming from a non-Muslim, and, given the fact that the non-Muslim posters will never convert to Islam (OR allow sharia to infect our legal systems), WHY do these threads keep popping up?

It is absolutely your right to post them, but knowing they are not producing the results you want, why why why??


For You are claiming that Muslim women live in miserable? Is it good to say that Western women are all miserable?


My dear, why do you continue under the delusion that muslim women are unhappy? You make it sound as if we've all been beaten and raped, or at the very least, spend our days crying into tissues and dreaming of committing suicide ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2010, 05:02 PM
 
Location: Not yet
251 posts, read 373,576 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
Good grief, imanway, here you go again on the inane "numbers as proof" tangent. Look, Scientology has a bunch of followers, too...sure doesn't make it valid.

Numbers of followers DOES NOT MEAN there is truth. Period.

Edit: While Lebanon has banned the bikini, and shorts, for women, seems the women there see those laws to be the archaic joke they really are:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/770...i-a-no-no.html


it is good that Muslim women and Christian, Jewish and wearing a bikini And their books say the opposite


Do you know that the dress semi-naked is causes of rape of a woman,! that Texts of the Koran and Torah and the Bible calls the veil I wonder! Why reject the application of religion teachings !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2010, 05:04 PM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,371,891 times
Reputation: 3735
Default Choices, choices....

One can also wonder if imanway is actually the innocent femme (s)he proclaims to be. Why? Because we are deluged with Islamic proselytizing here, on thread after thread. I can imagine a room full of cubicles sort of like a Customer Relations & Service Center in India, but with hundreds of Muslim "responders" all feverishly typing in innocent-sounding questions about Sharia laws and Islamic beliefs into the Internet. All in aid of proclaiming the superiority Islam. (Why Sharia bothering you?" "Will Islam Be victorious?" "Why Islam distrusted?")

Because it certainly comes across as a sort of highly organized Islamic proselytizing administration. IMHO.

Surely these posters don't actually believe they will convince us to convert to the barbarous religious constructs of everyday functioning Islam?

Question to the Muslims posting and responding here:

Do you accept...

1: That your chosen religion has a Public Relations problem in the world today? (i.e.: the perception of Islam by Westerners)

2: That the majority of politically and religiously free Westerners in North America, Australia, Europe, Asia and watch and believe the Alphabet Evening News stories on Islam (ABC, CBS, CBC, BBC, CNN, NBC, FOX, etc.)?

3: That the predominance of global thug crime and terrorism is proudly claimed by various fanatical Islamic sects and cults, but that the majority of so-called peaceful Muslims do little or nothing about it within their local mosques and population centers?

4: That you also then consistently proclaim a desire to integrate Sharia and other cultural elements into Western society?

Which of these four do you deny? Which do you accept? Which ones are you personally working to correct within your religion?

Finally, a serious inquiry from me personally, to you, personally, imanway.


Given my very public thoughts and distrust of Islam, as well as my vigorous atheist ideas, if I were to publicly speak these ideas in say, downtown Tehran, what would be my chances of (a) being arrested and be never seen again, or (b) being publicly beaten or murdered where I stood?

In other words: what guarantees of freedom of speech and personal beliefs does Islam provide me when I take your advice and convert my heart and soul to Allah? Must I then forever tape my mouth shut?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2010, 05:08 PM
 
5,906 posts, read 5,185,699 times
Reputation: 4536
Human rights violations persist in Iran 30 years after Islamic revolution | Amnesty International

http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/MFAArchive...im%20Countries

Islam and Human Rights

Cairo Declaration on Human Rights in Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2010, 05:11 PM
 
5,906 posts, read 5,185,699 times
Reputation: 4536
Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
it is good that Muslim women and Christian, Jewish and wearing a bikini And their books say the opposite


Do you know that the dress semi-naked is causes of rape of a woman,! that Texts of the Koran and Torah and the Bible calls the veil I wonder! Why reject the application of religion teachings !
That statement has no basis in fact or reality. NONE.

You've been fed a life-long diet of baseless propaganda with the sole purpose of keeping you quiet, complacent, ignorant, and obedient.

It worked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top