U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-27-2010, 06:22 AM
 
Location: Not yet
251 posts, read 373,643 times
Reputation: 26

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Says who?


Not really. Puberty typically implies menstruation for a girl. That does not mean it's an appropriate time for birth. If it were, we would not have the significant issues seen today in Africa with young teens being ostricized from their communities due to obstetric fistulas. I'm sure you are well aware of the problem. The real issue is a matter of education vs ignorance. The folk in these societies simply don't know any better. The girls are married off young, become pregnant, and end up with gaping holes in their uterin walls since their bone structures are not developed enough.

I'm unaware of any evidence that development varied 1500 some odd years ago. In short, having sex with a nine year old during any era is simply irresponsible and inconsiderate.

But is acceptable at Aisha and at her society in that era
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-27-2010, 09:16 AM
 
Location: Not yet
251 posts, read 373,643 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
imanway, I don't know if you have a daughter, but let me ask you this...If you had a twelve year old daughter and your husband decided marry her off to say, a 45 year old man....What would you do, or could you do anything about it?

I am not married yet, but When I get married I say you, Absolutely not!


I will not agree nor accept. time 1400 years ago is completely different of ours...


So, will not happen to decide that, my husband, Because this is awared of all islamic Societies, and rejected legally Anywhere I am
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2010, 09:36 AM
 
Location: Not yet
251 posts, read 373,643 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
A child of 9 -12 is not physically ready, nor emotionally ready to be a wife or mother. They are still children.

I have an 11 year old and I cannot imagine her being married......

Without doubt, they are still children, also I cannot imagine her being married..But Aisha was age of 9 was mature physically and mentally

When I talk about marriage Aisha at the age of 9 years that was in her time(Era)..


When Mary bear the Prophet Jesus peace be upon him was 12 years of age,that was 2000 years ago, that their time before Islam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2010, 10:13 AM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,884 posts, read 31,769,092 times
Reputation: 12628
Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
Without doubt, they are still children, also I cannot imagine her being married..But Aisha was age of 9 was mature physically and mentally

When I talk about marriage Aisha at the age of 9 years that was in her time(Era)..


When Mary bear the Prophet Jesus peace be upon him was 12 years of age,that was 2000 years ago, that their time before Islam
I can find no indication that anyone knows how old Mary was when Jesus was born...How do you come up with 12 years? You should know that deflection is not a good tactic in a debate..I say this because you do it often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2010, 11:18 AM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,426,292 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
Without doubt, they are still children, also I cannot imagine her being married..But Aisha was age of 9 was mature physically and mentally

When I talk about marriage Aisha at the age of 9 years that was in her time(Era)..


When Mary bear the Prophet Jesus peace be upon him was 12 years of age,that was 2000 years ago, that their time before Islam
That is an assumption on your part, one that Aisha was mature physically and emotionally and ready for marriage. The other assumption and not proven is that Mary was 12 at her marriage.

marriage at 9 or 12 is wrong. Wrong back in history and wrong now.

It was wrong for the prophet to take child brides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2010, 11:55 AM
 
Location: Earth Wanderer, longing for the stars.
12,408 posts, read 16,481,392 times
Reputation: 8777
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
The following is a list of rape rates by country. If there were any correlation between mode of dress and likelihood of being raped, all of the 'western' countries would have comparable/similar rates, as we all tend to wear similar clothing (in other words, it's not like everyone else in the world is properly dressed, but all Canadian women frolick in their underwear in public).

However, that is simply NOT the case:

Rapes (per capita) by country. Definition, graph and map.
I read a story about a male being raped in some Muslim country and he really (and his mom, he was young) had to press the police into trying to find who did it. They actually put the young man in prison for being a homosexual, which he was NOT. In these countries the police just don't want to record such crimes because they are not supposed to exist there, in God's countries.

Some of those countries operate as one, big, con game -
not that we're perfect, but just a damned sight better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2010, 12:00 PM
 
5,906 posts, read 5,186,408 times
Reputation: 4536
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I read a story about a male being raped in some Muslim country and he really (and his mom, he was young) had to press the police into trying to find who did it. They actually put the young man in prison for being a homosexual, which he was NOT. In these countries the police just don't want to record such crimes because they are not supposed to exist there, in God's countries.

Some of those countries operate as one, big, con game -
not that we're perfect, but just a damned sight better.
It seems to be a combination of what you said--the shame factor within Islam--plus the fact that the person who is raped has to prove the rape (and risk being punished for adultery if they fail), to account for a lot of the statistics. It is so well known that rape is under-reported throughout the M.E., and I just keep thinking about the victims who wind up suffering in shame and isolation. It's inexcusable what happens to them, and then the rest of the populace lives under the false assumption that rape is a western phenomenon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2010, 12:01 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,884 posts, read 31,769,092 times
Reputation: 12628
Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
I am not married yet, but When I get married I say you, Absolutely not!


I will not agree nor accept. time 1400 years ago is completely different of ours...


So, will not happen to decide that, my husband, Because this is awared of all islamic Societies, and rejected legally Anywhere I am
I disagree...In many places Islam is still stuck in the dark ages and practices pedophilia sanctioned by Sharia...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2010, 12:21 PM
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
56,089 posts, read 54,581,442 times
Reputation: 66486
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
It seems to be a combination of what you said--the shame factor within Islam--plus the fact that the person who is raped has to prove the rape (and risk being punished for adultery if they fail), to account for a lot of the statistics. It is so well known that rape is under-reported throughout the M.E., and I just keep thinking about the victims who wind up suffering in shame and isolation. It's inexcusable what happens to them, and then the rest of the populace lives under the false assumption that rape is a western phenomenon.
Women who are raped in Afghanistan go to prison for adultery. Their rapists go to prison, too, but there doesn't seem to be any distinction between victim and perpetrator under this law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2010, 12:24 PM
 
Location: Earth Wanderer, longing for the stars.
12,408 posts, read 16,481,392 times
Reputation: 8777
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhilsPhan View Post
Too many did NOT read "Mein Kampf" before World War II. Too many have not read the Koran or at least the parts of it that tell Moslems to "kill the infidels wherever you find them" etc, etc. That's really all you need to know.

I hope we have every Mosque in this country bugged. I hope we are watching for any sort of treason to America that comes from them. Moslems: Don't like it? Go back to Saudi Arabia! This country was founded on Christian principles!

MICHAEL SAVAGE FOR PRESIDENT!!!
The God of the Bible is just as crappy - wiping out races and villages as He did, telling people to stone their disobedient children.
We are not THAT sort of nation.
We do not follow any religion in our legal system, because we respect women and are not cruel and make an attempt to treat people fairly. Legally, we try to treat all religions equally and not favor one over the other AND we expect all religions to follow the civil law that we have agreed upon.

God evidently approves, for we have done very well following these principles over the years.

The laws in the Bible are to me, just as corrupt as the laws of the Koran, and I would not wish to live under either of them. All are often arbitrary and all are man made with the emphasis on MAN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top