U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2010, 12:29 PM

3,359 posts, read 10,906,266 times

Advertisements

But, Imanway, that is exactly the point. "That was then and this is now".

It is not acceptable by societies standards today for an 80 yr old man to get sexual pleasure from a young girl (or boy) child and is in fact against the law. Are you saying that islam is unwilling to change, or that this is a cultural custom, or that muslims are at odds with the way the modern world sees things?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 12:49 PM

12,408 posts, read 16,469,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imanway View Post
Very Silly, to cite a child or two child Have been forced to Marriage to the greed of their family, a very odd marriage of young (child) ..

Saudi Arabia prevents this the judiciary in Saudi Arabia prevents the marriage of any girl under 18 years So, if she forced have the right to Sue her parents

do not bring me Focus your Media on A child or two child and thus claim that we're so ......

This the Idiot propaganda, it will not work with us ..

mmmmmm Do not think that me I am not watch your news ..

YES we totally are Refuse to marry children.......

but what about Child rape have in the US, is it still exist?

29% of U.S. rape victims were under the age of 11.

rape and murder of 14 year old Girl in Iraq and Raping dozens of women and children of Iraq

just Very small sample, US Claiming the democracy and peace

YouTube - US Troops charged with rape and murder of 14 year old Girl in Iraq.

We knew the U.S. through its troops in Iraq

اغتصاب عراقيه من الامريكان دعاة الديمقراطية والسلام Us Army Video İzle İndir - İzles.net (http://www.izles.net/pwMgkxGgEdl/ossoooaouosso-o1o-ossuusu.html - broken link)

People, who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones
Yes. Our rapists are hunted down by law and punished and those who are raped are given health workers and counseling. We punish husbands who rape their wives.
Rape is forcing sex on anyone who does not want it and any sex with an underage child is forbidden.

Most of the men in the West are civilized which is why women do not have to remain covered. Men have evolved and behave as human beings and not as animals out of the jungle. Those who behave in a sub human way are punished. It would seem that men in Koran ruled countries are thought of as low beasts that want to rape women and because of that women should dress as black ghosts, hardly there. The idea that a woman is not considered a legal guardian of her children is absurd. What a hate-filled philosophy. The poor people who live under such conditions should be prayed for.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
It would appear not all agree with you and Saudi Arabia

SANAA, 28 March 2010 (IRIN) - Hundreds of women clad in black `niqabs’ demonstrated in front of parliament in the Yemeni capital Sanaa on 23 March. Some were waving banners with the words: “Yes to the Sharia [Islamic legal] rights of Muslim women”, while others raised the Koran above their heads.

Four words - Stockholm Syndrome Gone Wild.

We've all heard of state sponsored protests in the Eastern block during the cold war.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:02 PM

6,431 posts, read 9,948,829 times
Who the hell is Sharia and why is she mentioned in like 5 different threads? She's annoying me.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:06 PM

8,619 posts, read 8,523,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Who the hell is Sharia and why is she mentioned in like 5 different threads? She's annoying me.
I don't know either but if she were here I bet you could whip her in the street for stupping your brother? Or maybe just kill her for your faimly honor!

Old 07-27-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
You just stay in your whirlpool and follow the news anomalous Through quench your thirst of anti-islam

Personally, I tell you that this propaganda will not change anything... Islam remains the most embrace religion Even in your country, Despite all these campaigns ...

Continued the religion of Islam 1400 and will continue forever ..

thank you
Yes, but there is a heck of a difference between our moderate Muslims and the Sharia fanatics that populate some countries.

I know a Muslim woman who, if her husband tried to flog her like that, he'd better not be at home alone with her later, and certainly he'd be wise not to fall asleep. It would probably be his last day on earth, religion or no.

Most people in this country respect the civil law first. It has to be that way in an orderly society.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
6 million people LEAVE Islam every year.
I believe this. The majority of converts in the U.S. fall by the wayside in a few years and end up leaving it together, so they can make all the converts they'd like, but they cannot keep them.
Americans end up cherishing their freedoms rather than the slavery of such a restrictive religion.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:42 PM

13,624 posts, read 11,053,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post

all she will need now is some scuba tanks and some cold ocean water to go deep sea diving

Old 07-27-2010, 01:49 PM

13,624 posts, read 11,053,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post

Nothin' says primitive romance like Stone Age chat-up lines and overt threats. You cad, you! Save the beat--, I mean correction, until after dinner, sweetie-kins?

The biggest problem we westerners have, after all of the gains in equality during the 20th century, is putting the "chattel" back into marriage. It'll take us time, you know, what with all of us loose women fraternizing with men at our jobs, contributing to the economy, enabling all of those new home sales...well, enough of that dual-income living!

And forget about single women...oh no, that will have to end. Time to make the babies and live a life of mindless servitude.

When we've all been taught our lesson and given up our silly dreams of career fulfillment, academic achievements, and equality under the law, it will be time to scope out the latest in cave-dwelling (since that's about all any of us will be able to afford with current housing prices). It's cheap, fits perfectly with that uber-sexy caveman mindset, and what better way to hide the women COMPLETELY!

NO. We will never willingly (ie, without a fight) trade progress and equality for sanctioned ignorance and mental/physical slavery. We've come too far for that...and that some cultures see those advancements as a threat is just too pathetic for words. The turn-around in culture and women's rights in Iran 30 years ago is nothing if not horrifying.

If sharia is so wonderful, perhaps those who currently live under it should remain under it, on its native soil.

now i know why california gets frequent earthquakes,!! must be all the loose women causing them.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Islam is the religion of survival. I wonder how can one to criticizes God!

We Muslims read this verse :

allah says in the Quran: "Whoever seeks a religion other than Islam it won't be accepted of him, and he will be one of the losers in the hereafter".

me would rather lose anywhere, but not lose in the hereafter.

that hellfire is eternal. It never ends and we never die when we go there.

If anyone wouldn't believe all this, I believe.

Often I repeat, if I wanted that reach the summit Must make a sacrifice for it So, Why I embrace to freedom ended and leave the eternal freedom.

this the shariah Which describe it as savage and barbarian it in fact the road to paradise, I would not be stupid to Waive about it

Life is very short I can live about 60 or 80 or 90 and then what?

then Paradise Or Hell ..

This life is not our real place there must be another day...

Where we go to God, who governs and decides who is right on this world.

Who was ignorant, Who was mistaken.........

Unfortunately, when we know May be too late or the opportunity has passed.
Yes, convert under threats of hellfire. Nice.

Nothing like a God who appeals to the higher mind and lofty instincts - convert or face hell.

Hey, we've gotten enough of this blather from fundamental Christianity. It did not work for them and it will not work for you.

Just the idea that a god coerces conversion under threats tells you that he's no real god, but an impostor, a bully-god.

Yes, indeed, we will sure find out who is ignorant, and it will be too late. All of these fundamentalists will rue their mindless following of a cruel god who turns out to be a figment of some delusional mind. They will rue that they wasted their lives in prejudice and allowing for such suffering of others. They will finally realize that we must each take responsibility for our own lives and how we live them and that we cannot use religion as a mask for our evil impulses to hide behind.

They will, too late, realize that God wants us to stand up as men and not slaves to Him. He has enough cattle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam