U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 04:00 PM

2,782 posts, read 3,734,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
EXACTLY right. In all of the islamic literature and posts I've read in the last 6 months, I have yet to come across a single one that took an honest, objective view of itself...one that dared to be critical.

There IS no criticism of Islam by muslims. If there is such a self-critique, I welcome the link to the article, website, or post.
There are many from apostates..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 04:03 PM

365 posts, read 437,244 times
I read this webpage about Islam and Sharia Law and it shocked me.

Hero Templates Free HTML Templates

Old 07-30-2010, 06:36 PM

I read this webpage about Islam and Sharia Law and it shocked me.

Dangers of Islam

Old 07-30-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
..In every non muslim country where the muslims have settled, they have started to push for sharia. That is scary.

Agreed!

Sharia Law is an evil law and we should never embrace it.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:41 AM

9,616 posts, read 11,379,377 times
Default Answers please!

Could imanway or sukrill please find and post the following sections from the Qu'ran for us? Please? In English, and of course not edited.

2:193

9:29

9:3

9:5

8:55

Thanks!

Old 07-31-2010, 01:05 AM

1,500 posts, read 2,421,506 times
Sharia as law is like trying to understand life on the island of Dr. Moreau. The "giver-of -the-law" is a religious figure, an Imam or whatever proper term has been assigned to the HMFIC.
This person administers "law" as he interprets the law from a recent collection of writings. The Koran seems to reek of an ethic that delivers one primary thought, "my way or the highway",
the imam cannot be questioned, the tenets of the faith are carved in stone, non-negotiable and accentuated by death penalities assigned to those who fail to live up to the twisted tenets
of this mutant faith. No joyous singing, no enlightened spirit, nothing but strict obedience to the master.

I have walked with a different master, not a punisher nor a vindictive master calling for the blood of infidels. My master is truth and light, hope and faith that if I serve Him in a pleasing manner,
just love my neighbor, that I may rest in His bosom at the end of my life. My Lord is uplifting, not influencing me out of fear through the mouth of some bearded puppet wielding a strong whip
and prodding me at every crossroad, to hold my faith. You'll not sell the Islamic faith to me, I am not seeking institutionalization and Satan has not veiled my eyes nor my mind. you'd be
so much more successful if you switched your product from Allah, (PBUH), to Amway. What good is a soapbox without the soap?

Old 07-31-2010, 10:13 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,428,603 times
Quote:
EXACTLY right. In all of the islamic literature and posts I've read in the last 6 months, I have yet to come across a single one that took an honest, objective view of itself...one that dared to be critical.

There IS no criticism of Islam by muslims. If there is such a self-critique, I welcome the link to the article, website, or post.
Look up wafa Sultan, she is very critical of Islam and Muslims and has been condemned by the muslim religious establishment for daring to publically talk about the problems of Islam. Here are some other names, Ibn-Waraq, and Maryam Namazie I am listing more url below.

Wafa Sultan Clashes with Muslim Cleric | SPIKE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wafa_Sultan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayaan_Hirsi_Ali

http://www.theahafoundation.org/

People who criticize Islam in a public forum put there lives at risk. The muslims who post here would not dare to criticize their religion publicly especially if they live in a muslim country.

Last edited by Jazzymom; 07-31-2010 at 10:26 AM..

Old 07-31-2010, 01:04 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,188,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Look up wafa Sultan, she is very critical of Islam and Muslims and has been condemned by the muslim religious establishment for daring to publically talk about the problems of Islam. Here are some other names, Ibn-Waraq, and Maryam Namazie I am listing more url below.

Wafa Sultan Clashes with Muslim Cleric | SPIKE

Wafa Sultan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ayaan Hirsi Ali - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The AHA Foundation

People who criticize Islam in a public forum put there lives at risk. The muslims who post here would not dare to criticize their religion publicly especially if they live in a muslim country.
Thank you so much for the links, I just wish there were more who had the courage to speak out...but I do understand the risks they take.

So much tragedy in seeing people afraid to speak in dissention.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:26 PM

4,083 posts, read 4,428,603 times
Quote:
Thank you so much for the links, I just wish there were more who had the courage to speak out...but I do understand the risks they take.

So much tragedy in seeing people afraid to speak in dissention.

Me too. I feel there is much fear and those who are moderate just become invisible. To leave Islam or criticize Islam in a public forum can put your life in jeopardy.

I spent a couple of years a long time ago in my early 20s while I was in college learning about Islam and I walked away because I became fearful of loosing myself and I could not find moderates because they all had become separate from the mosques and Islam in a public way.

I also realized there was much I didn't agree with. There is much within Islam that needs to be fixed.

For the most part mosques in this country have Imams who are from over seas and they bring their orthodoxy here. So the mosques are full of immigrants and those who have completely assimilated don't go to the mosques. They become the invisible.

For any religion to be healthy you need a range of expression so their is a balance and a place for moderates to go and be heard. When you don't have that then one voice gets heard and the others become quiet.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:33 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,994,349 times
There are many followers of Islam who don't live in Muslim theocracies, and even they are mostly silent about the excesses of radical Islam. To be fair, I'm not aware of many Christians who have disputed the pronouncements of Pat Robertson or the Westboro Baptists. Better to be a wrongheaded (nominal) follower of one's own faith than an admirable believer of any other, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam