Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2021, 06:17 AM

150 posts, read 155,862 times

Advertisements

Asalamualaikum,

Firstly, I would like to say I am a Muslimah.

A few months ago, I wasn’t very practicing. I was very eager to know what my future life is like. So I decided to contact a Hindu astrologer. He explained that he somehow looks at planets to forecast my future. I don’t believe that people can tell future by looking at planets.

Anyways, during Ramadan I was researching to know more about Islam. Then I found out that astrology is actually a MINOR SHIRK. I was so sad I started crying. I knew it was sin but didn’t know it was that big deal. I repented and recited the shahadah.

Now here is the real problem. Every time I think about my future, I always have shaitaan whispering “remember that the astrologer said you will have lots of wealth by February”. And I am believing it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2021, 12:08 AM

3,640 posts, read 40,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by basket123 View Post
Asalamualaikum,

Now here is the real problem. Every time I think about my future, I always have shaitaan whispering “remember that the astrologer said you will have lots of wealth by February”. And I am believing it
Wa alaikum assalaam

Next time shaitaan whispers anything like that, tell him "you are a liar, Khalif said so". Nobody knows how much wealth you are going to have tomorrow or by February or even by March.

[23.97] And say: O my Lord! I seek refuge in Thee from the evil suggestions of the Shaitans.
وَقُل رَّبِّ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ هَمَزَٰتِ ٱلشَّيَـٰطِينِ

Old 11-16-2021, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
Wa alaikum assalaam

Next time shaitaan whispers anything like that, tell him "you are a liar, Khalif said so". Nobody knows how much wealth you are going to have tomorrow or by February or even by March.

[23.97] And say: O my Lord! I seek refuge in Thee from the evil suggestions of the Shaitans.
وَقُل رَّبِّ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ هَمَزَٰتِ ٱلشَّيَـٰطِينِ
Thank you! At this point I am keep reciting the shahadat over and over again. Hopefully this makes God less upset

Old 11-16-2021, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Thank you! At this point I am keep reciting the shahadat over and over again. Hopefully this makes God less upset
God doesn't get upset if you have shirk thoughts. Passing thoughts are not crime but committing actual shirk. If you commit actual shirk, it will be you who will get upset when God sends you to hell. It's easy for Him to do so.

It is remembrance of Allah (being conscious of Allah whenever you do something) that should put your heart at rest. In other words, instil taqwa in yourself and be strong in your eeman.

Old 11-17-2021, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
God doesn't get upset if you have shirk thoughts. Passing thoughts are not crime but committing actual shirk. If you commit actual shirk, it will be you who will get upset when God sends you to hell. It's easy for Him to do so.

It is remembrance of Allah (being conscious of Allah whenever you do something) that should put your heart at rest. In other words, instil taqwa in yourself and be strong in your eeman.
I did forget to mention that it is not my intention to commit shirk. And intention is what counts right ?

Old 11-19-2021, 01:52 PM

Quote:
I did forget to mention that it is not my intention to commit shirk. And intention is what counts right ?
Right.

But you should not have doubts either if your intentions are firm.

Old 11-19-2021, 03:55 PM

2,767 posts, read 2,667,325 times
Quote:
Asalamualaikum,

Firstly, I would like to say I am a Muslimah.

A few months ago, I wasn’t very practicing. I was very eager to know what my future life is like. So I decided to contact a Hindu astrologer. He explained that he somehow looks at planets to forecast my future. I don’t believe that people can tell future by looking at planets.

Anyways, during Ramadan I was researching to know more about Islam. Then I found out that astrology is actually a MINOR SHIRK. I was so sad I started crying. I knew it was sin but didn’t know it was that big deal. I repented and recited the shahadah.

wa alaykum alsalam warahmat Allah wabarakatuh
(Peace be upon you and God's mercy and blessings be upon you)

Allah said in the Holy Quran
“Say: None in the heavens and the earth knows the Ghayb (Unseen) except Allah” [al-Naml 27:65].

you must not believe the astrologer or fortuneteller not only that but also you must not go to him
and if you believe him that means you don't believe in what Allah said in the Holy Quran
and that means you become non Muslim

the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said
Whoever goes to a fortuneteller and believes what he says
has disbelieved in that which was revealed to Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him).
your repentance to Allah and asking him forgiveness removed this sin from you
let alone you did not know that it is a sin

for more detail regrading such action please see https://islamqa.info/en/answers/3286...-he-may-repent

Old 11-19-2021, 06:17 PM

You guys are not understanding what I am saying. I know that the astrologer does not have ability to see what will happen in the future. But I am keep thinking about how how astrologers contact jinn to get information about future (I am aware jinn eavesdrop the conversations between angels and God). And then they give to info to astrologers.

That’s why I am believing that MAYBE what he may say is true. Because even prophet Muhammad pbuh said that they can be right.

Quote:
The Prophet said, “They are upon nothing.” They said, “O Messenger of Allah, sometimes they speak about things that come true.” The Prophet said, “Those are the words snatched by the jinn, who whisper it into the ears of their friends and it is mixed with more than one hundred lies.”
Btw I don’t believe that any astrologer can find out future by looking at the stars and sun. That just seems unrealistic to me

Old 11-19-2021, 09:56 PM

2,767 posts, read 2,667,325 times
Quote:
You guys are not understanding what I am saying. I know that the astrologer does not have ability to see what will happen in the future. But I am keep thinking about how how astrologers contact jinn to get information about future (I am aware jinn eavesdrop the conversations between angels and God). And then they give to info to astrologers.

That’s why I am believing that MAYBE what he may say is true. Because even prophet Muhammad pbuh said that they can be right.

Btw I don’t believe that any astrologer can find out future by looking at the stars and sun. That just seems unrealistic to me
just make sure that you do not meet the conditions in this Hadith

has disbelieved in that which was revealed to Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him).

Old 11-20-2021, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
just make sure that you do not meet the conditions in this Hadith

I am trying but it is a contradiction. Because prophet Muhammad said that astrologers can be right. But then it says that anybody who believes in astrology is a nonbeliever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam