U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 09:35 PM

756 posts, read 2,336,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I think Islamic terrorists in the US are laying low because they are being watched. The only hope they have is to recruit people who can 'pass' as normal Americans, blend in with the crowd.

Most people are recruited through the religion. They are brought into the religion of peace and love and gradually moved toward a more and more radical mindset, steering the person away from his 'normal' friends and family and toward relationships with radicals.

So, I would think they would go on websites such as this, fishing for fools to be turned into military fodder for their mad and angry god.
Yes I agreee...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 09:53 PM

613 posts, read 1,174,126 times
Quote:
In most wars the end justifies the means. When blood is spilled for a cause the zealots become more frantic and sometimes desperate. So cultivating some poor slob into offing himself for allah does not seem unreasonable to me. In their stead, I would be thinking 'better American blood being spilled than our own.'

You could use this site to get people interested, open a dialogue, when they look 'ready' you would mention another site which is a bit more 'dedicated'. From there a person could be referred to a nearby group that was 'studying' together, but it would be full of other gullible minds, like himself.

In that group there would be a 'friend' who would know of another place, but 'you'd have to travel to get there(training camp, perhaps?)'

I don't know, 'allah truth', it certainly does not sound so far fetched to me, and if you want to call normal human caution (in the light of what has happened) hate, I guess you are entitled to do that. I would much rather that you hate me than my family be blown up in a building somewhere.
first anyone that has read any of my posts knows im not in the least bit muslim. im a white small town 19 year old with an interest in religion n philosphy. but yes i see that being very far fetched. you really have one heck of a imagination
when you see someone of arab decent or someone you might figure is muslim does do you get this "normal human caution". do you fear for your life. if i was that scared of something i would hate it too. i don't blame you. but your fear is out of ignorance
maybe youre a terrorist who has an evil plan to stirr up hate for muslims inorder to show your muslim brethren that americans are evil makeing them more willing to commit terrorist acts.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:21 PM

12,408 posts, read 16,495,090 times
Again, and again - how many times must I say this - my caution is about people using the Muslem religion to commit atrocities.
I have defended, on other sites, Islam from those who were clearly hating of the Muslems, but my earnestness in trying to be fair does not blind me to these very real concerns.
I do not believe that a religion has the right to become violent.
I do not believe a religion should break the laws of the country in which it finds itself.
I believe that some religions morf into something more elevated and some find no problem with hurting others.
Change, in a religious sense, does not always happen upwards.
It was the open minded and egalitarian Muslems who pulled the west out of the dark ages in which we were oppressed by religion. We used the knowledge they gave us and decided to put religion on the back burner of civilization and thrived.
The Muslem religion went from its heights, back then, to something that to many people is considered oppressive.
I am not speaking of all of any one religion, but the few who are destructive and also the elements in a religion which are destructive.
Why do you people have a problem in understanding my English?
Is there another motive behind your posts?
What is blinding your eyes to simple truths, stated in a simple and straightfoward way?
Perhaps you are victims to your own dogma.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:25 PM

8,830 posts, read 10,019,043 times
Quote:
I think Islamic terrorists in the US are laying low because they are being watched. The only hope they have is to recruit people who can 'pass' as normal Americans, blend in with the crowd.

Most people are recruited through the religion. They are brought into the religion of peace and love and gradually moved toward a more and more radical mindset, steering the person away from his 'normal' friends and family and toward relationships with radicals.

So, I would think they would go on websites such as this, fishing for fools to be turned into military fodder for their mad and angry god.
I haven't read any of the other responses, but I can just imagine. So this is just my initial kneejerk response. AMEN!!!

Old 05-23-2008, 10:30 PM

613 posts, read 1,174,126 times
if you have no problem with peaceful muslims why are you cautious about muslims coming on here an preaching the peaceful messages of islam.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
I haven't read any of the other responses, but I can just imagine. So this is just my initial kneejerk response. AMEN!!!
Thank you very much.
I did not think that I posted anything radical, just an observation of what an intelligent radical would do.

Makes me question the motivation of some who are responding here, though.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allah truth View Post
if you have no problem with peaceful muslims why are you cautious about muslims coming on here an preaching the peaceful messages of islam.
Because, although Muslems are forbidden to lie in the religion, Muslems on various sites are lying, sugar coating the religion. Most honest people do admit to stonings, imprisonment, murders that are commited by a few nuts in their religion. They will also admit that their holy book may contain instructions to do these terrible things.

Then, they will, typically, say they disown those horrible people, want nothing to do with them, and do not obey, believe in, or in any way support those nasty things in the holy book. They will say the book was written quite a while ago and those things do not apply today.

People on sites who claim to be part of the Muslem religion (and I have no way of knowing that they are) seem to be trying to convince people to 'come on down, the water's fine' and when someone says it is not always all that fine, in fact it is horrible at times, they just deny, deny, deny. Which is a lie, lie, lie.

Which underscores my initial caveat that these are NOT peaceful Muslims, but trollers for idiots.

There, I said it again. In actual English. I hope you can understand that.

Old 05-24-2008, 12:15 AM

8,567 posts, read 14,812,220 times
Originally Posted by goldengrain
Quote:
Because, although Muslems are forbidden to lie in the religion, Muslems on various sites are lying, sugar coating the religion.
This is funny.
I remember in the Christian Bible the commandments thou shalt not kill, or thou shall not bear false witnesses yet many Christians do this every day.
Is Christianity then not a religion of liars?
Or are the people who do this simply not Christian?

Quote:
Exodus 20,13-17
13 Thou shalt not kill. 14 Thou shalt not commit adultery. 15 Thou shalt not steal. 16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour. 17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Old 05-24-2008, 12:20 AM

8,193 posts, read 22,344,770 times
Quote:
Because, although Muslems are forbidden to lie in the religion, Muslems on various sites are lying, sugar coating the religion. Most honest people do admit to stonings, imprisonment, murders that are commited by a few nuts in their religion. They will also admit that their holy book may contain instructions to do these terrible things.

Then, they will, typically, say they disown those horrible people, want nothing to do with them, and do not obey, believe in, or in any way support those nasty things in the holy book. They will say the book was written quite a while ago and those things do not apply today.

People on sites who claim to be part of the Muslem religion (and I have no way of knowing that they are) seem to be trying to convince people to 'come on down, the water's fine' and when someone says it is not always all that fine, in fact it is horrible at times, they just deny, deny, deny. Which is a lie, lie, lie.

Which underscores my initial caveat that these are NOT peaceful Muslims, but trollers for idiots.

There, I said it again. In actual English. I hope you can understand that.
So, are you saying that Christians don't lie lie lie? Give me a break.

Trollers for idiots? Eh, what ever dude.

Keep one thing straight, the radical Muslims are small in number and are not true Muslims. But I get the feeling that you do not give a rat's ass either way. Kill them all and let (the American) God sort them out, huh?

I would imagine that their recruitment process would be pretty selective as for one so they get the guys who will commit 110%, and two; so they weed out anyone who might try and infiltrate their group. Common sense would tell you that.

Old 05-24-2008, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
So, are you saying that Christians don't lie lie lie? Give me a break.

Trollers for idiots? Eh, what ever dude.

Keep one thing straight, the radical Muslims are small in number and are not true Muslims. But I get the feeling that you do not give a rat's ass either way. Kill them all and let (the American) God sort them out, huh?

I would imagine that their recruitment process would be pretty selective as for one so they get the guys who will commit 110%, and two; so they weed out anyone who might try and infiltrate their group. Common sense would tell you that.
Sure, Christians are liars. I do not stand for Chrisitanity, but I have not heard of organized gangs of them planning to destroy this country through violent means lately.

Why are you so vicious? If you are not a terrorist trying to recruit Americans into doing your dirty work, I have no argument with you. It seems, to me, that you are over-reacting.

I'm really glad that I started this thread. You cannot close it down because I have said nothing attacking a religion.

I have only suggested that terrorists could be using Islam to recruit Americans into their midst.

So you are defending terrorists, and claiming that I am attacking the truly religious.

I guess we all know what that makes you, don't we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or