Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 10:55 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times

Advertisements

I think Islamic terrorists in the US are laying low because they are being watched. The only hope they have is to recruit people who can 'pass' as normal Americans, blend in with the crowd.

Most people are recruited through the religion. They are brought into the religion of peace and love and gradually moved toward a more and more radical mindset, steering the person away from his 'normal' friends and family and toward relationships with radicals.

So, I would think they would go on websites such as this, fishing for fools to be turned into military fodder for their mad and angry god.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 11:29 PM

613 posts, read 1,270,095 times
no. a terrorists rational for terrorism against americans is that they believe that we are so currupt and immoral that we are unsavable and are only tainting the world. therefor they wouldn't want to recruit any of us for fear of contamination not to mention a waste of time. also i don't know how you figure they can use a site like this to recruit anyone. it would be next to impossible to convert people on here let alone influence someone so much as to make them carry out their evil deeds. im sorry to say that this thread shows alot of ignorance and hate.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:33 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
p stones gang of chicago inc muslim members were recruited by kadafi, caught and jailed. they were supposed to blow up some airplanes.
its already happened. they got caught.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
p stones gang of chicago inc muslim members were recruited by kadafi, caught and jailed. they were supposed to blow up some airplanes.
its already happened. they got caught.
Thanks.
I was scanning a few sites, and it appeared as though there was an attempt to make the religion into something other than what it was. Most Americans know little about the religon and I had gone to a lecture. I also have a few copies of the Koran.

On that site, which was open to all topics, not just religious, people claimed to be Muslems and were making statements that were false, sort of sugar-coated. I disagreed. They told me I was giving false information. I quoted the sura directly. They said my source was published by a propagandist. I told them it was published by the Saudi government.
They stopped posting.

Then, I come here and see that perhaps the same thing is happening.

I very well understand the problems that they have with US involvement in other countries, and with Israel, but I also know it is easier to get people to do irrational things by hooking them into an irrational religion, saying god will reward them, etc. So, religion is the main source of recruitment for many of these people.

I asked myself, what would I do in their place? Answer: I would try to recruit from within.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allah truth View Post
no. a terrorists rationale for terrorism against Americans is that they believe that we are so corrupt and immoral that we are unsavable and are only tainting the world. therefore they wouldn't want to recruit any of us for fear of contamination not to mention a waste of time. also i don't know how you figure they can use a site like this to recruit anyone. it would be next to impossible to convert people on here let alone influence someone so much as to make them carry out their evil deeds. I'm sorry to say that this thread shows a lot of ignorance and hate.
In most wars the end justifies the means. When blood is spilled for a cause the zealots become more frantic and sometimes desperate. So cultivating some poor slob into offing himself for allah does not seem unreasonable to me. In their stead, I would be thinking 'better American blood being spilled than our own.'

You could use this site to get people interested, open a dialogue, when they look 'ready' you would mention another site which is a bit more 'dedicated'. From there a person could be referred to a nearby group that was 'studying' together, but it would be full of other gullible minds, like himself.

In that group there would be a 'friend' who would know of another place, but 'you'd have to travel to get there(training camp, perhaps?)'

I don't know, 'allah truth', it certainly does not sound so far fetched to me, and if you want to call normal human caution (in the light of what has happened) hate, I guess you are entitled to do that. I would much rather that you hate me than my family be blown up in a building somewhere.

Last edited by goldengrain; 05-23-2008 at 08:18 AM..

Old 05-23-2008, 06:55 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
no. a terrorists rational for terrorism against americans is that they believe that we are so currupt and immoral that we are unsavable and are only tainting the world. therefor they wouldn't want to recruit any of us for fear of contamination not to mention a waste of time. also i don't know how you figure they can use a site like this to recruit anyone. it would be next to impossible to convert people on here let alone influence someone so much as to make them carry out their evil deeds. im sorry to say that this thread shows alot of ignorance and hate.
How do you think it shows ignorance and hate? Hate towards the terrorists?

Old 05-23-2008, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
How do you think it shows ignorance and hate? Hate towards the terrorists?
Yeah. Makes you wonder if he is one of them because he's taking it personally, even though he says 'we', implying that we should think he's American.

I think this may be what they are doing, 'trolling' for Americans.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:15 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,227,664 times
Originally Posted by goldengrain
Quote:
Yeah. Makes you wonder if he is one of them because he's taking it personally, even though he says 'we', implying that we should think he's American.

I think this may be what they are doing, 'trolling' for Americans.
So people who disagree with you can only be un-American?
Or are you saying that Muslims cannot be American?
Or that fanatical Americans are not American?

Old 05-23-2008, 11:21 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,434,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I think Islamic terrorists in the US are laying low because they are being watched. The only hope they have is to recruit people who can 'pass' as normal Americans, blend in with the crowd.

Most people are recruited through the religion. They are brought into the religion of peace and love and gradually moved toward a more and more radical mindset, steering the person away from his 'normal' friends and family and toward relationships with radicals.

So, I would think they would go on websites such as this, fishing for fools to be turned into military fodder for their mad and angry god.
So far the muslims that came here, only want to expose their religion and enjoy a few chit chat, I doubt that they are here to convert anyone and much less to make terrorists out of us.

I doubt the honorable muslims who come here seeking a better understandment and harmony between our cultures/religions have something to do with terrorism.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:25 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,293,738 times
To answer the original question: Yes. Without a doubt. When I asked poster s4mir why he made the exact same misspellings as poster elwill, I never again heard from s4mir, but I did hear from elwill, who skirted my question completely and never did answer.

In addition, they will only quote or copy portions of the Koran that they want us to see. They never quote the verses such as this one:
[From the Koran] I will instill terror into the hearts of unbelievers, smite ye above their necks, and smite all their fingertips off them. (Sure 8:12)
They can only write lines like the following:

Quote:
im sorry to say that this thread shows alot of ignorance and hate.
To educate yourselves from ignorance and hate, read this: Isaac or Ishmael

It was written by a former muslim. Enlightening!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam