Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2022, 02:11 PM

43 posts, read 14,420 times

Advertisements

Hello,

So I just read a similar topic and I believe OP didn't do justice to it. Also, the discussion quickly deviated from religion to politics so here I'm starting a new topic and will do my best to answer any questions you might have regarding Islam.

Please note, I'm not a Islamic scholar and neither is English my first language. So my response maybe limited or I might skip it all together. Please don't throw stones at me for this. If this thread doesn't interests you, you can always ignore it.

Also, please note that my last post on this board (about two years ago if I remember correctly ) was removed by a moderator even though I believe my response was completely valid. This also limits my ability to engage in thoughtful discussions.

Thank you and kind regards.

Old 06-14-2022, 05:40 AM

691 posts, read 640,722 times
The Holy Ghost taught me that he taught man how to read and write the written spoken word, so my question is who does Islam credit for the ability to read and write the written spoken word?

Old 06-14-2022, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwood View Post
The Holy Ghost taught me that he taught man how to read and write the written spoken word, so my question is who does Islam credit for the ability to read and write the written spoken word?
Hi deadwood,

I don't understand your question but if it means what I think it does, then no. Archangel recited the Koran to the prophet who memorized it and then prophet dictated it to his companions who wrote it down.

I hope it suffices.

Old 06-15-2022, 07:45 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:

Who is Holy Ghost and how exactly did he teach you? Was it revealed in a dream? Personal visit?

Old 06-16-2022, 07:07 AM

16,663 posts, read 15,654,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo54 View Post
Hello,

So I just read a similar topic and I believe OP didn't do justice to it. Also, the discussion quickly deviated from religion to politics so here I'm starting a new topic and will do my best to answer any questions you might have regarding Islam.

Please note, I'm not a Islamic scholar and neither is English my first language. So my response maybe limited or I might skip it all together. Please don't throw stones at me for this. If this thread doesn't interests you, you can always ignore it.

Also, please note that my last post on this board (about two years ago if I remember correctly ) was removed by a moderator even though I believe my response was completely valid. This also limits my ability to engage in thoughtful discussions.

Thank you and kind regards.
I just checked. You haven't had any posts removed by a moderator anywhere in the Religion and Spirituality forums.

Old 06-16-2022, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I just checked. You haven't had any posts removed by a moderator anywhere in the Religion and Spirituality forums.
Thank you for checking. It was in some other sub-section of the forum, I think politics. The post was removed with the remark "Anti-Semitic" even though it had nothing against the Semite people. It was just critical of Israel.

I got demoralized, I felt I don't have right to speak, what the point being here? so I left.

Old 06-18-2022, 01:13 PM

3,640 posts, read 39,493 times
Quote:
The Lord (Allah/God). Qur'an 96:4-5

Old 06-19-2022, 07:39 AM

Nobody has taken interest in this thread so I have decided to abandon it.

@mods, please close the thread, thank you.

Old 06-19-2022, 11:48 AM

5,527 posts, read 3,247,667 times
This forum is not as lively as some, conversations can take days here.

I have a question.

What exactly is the interpretation of the Night Journey? It seems like the most fantastical claim in the Quran.

Old 06-20-2022, 05:26 AM

3,640 posts, read 39,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
This forum is not as lively as some, conversations can take days here.

I have a question.

What exactly is the interpretation of the Night Journey? It seems like the most fantastical claim in the Quran.
[17.1] Glory be to Him Who made His servant to go on a night from the Sacred Mosque to the farthest mosque of which We have blessed the precincts, so that We may show to him some of Our signs; surely He is the Hearing, the Seeing.
سُبْحَـٰنَ ٱلَّذِىٓ أَسْرَىٰ بِعَبْدِهِۦ لَيْلًا مِّنَ ٱلْمَسْجِدِ ٱلْحَرَامِ إِلَى ٱلْمَسْجِدِ ٱلْأَقْصَا ٱلَّذِى بَـٰرَكْنَا حَوْلَهُۥ لِنُرِيَهُۥ مِنْ ءَايَـٰتِنَآ ۚ إِنَّهُۥ هُوَ ٱلسَّمِيعُ ٱلْبَصِيرُ

Understanding is that "His servant" (prophet Muhammad) was taken by God to the prostrating place in the distance (believed to be the site in Jerusalem) during the night.

In terms of faith, it is no more the most fantastical claim than the Big Flood, Sarah giving birth at that age, sea splitting in two halves, God talking to Moses or Jesus being born to a virgin and Jesus bringing dead to life or being resurrected on this earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.