U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-28-2008, 05:32 AM
 
Location: egypt
1,215 posts, read 2,038,661 times
Reputation: 161

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Does this mean that any kind of meat is forbidden to muslims? I find it difficult to eat any meat that is not dead or without blood?

Also are you a muslim from india? if you are cool!!
there is difference between when you butcher an animal then eat it
and when you eat the animal which dead naturally

dead meat is unhealthy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-28-2008, 05:40 AM
 
Location: egypt
1,215 posts, read 2,038,661 times
Reputation: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Are you trying to say something about Islam in asking this about pork and like in your other thread about drinking?

Temperance or taking care of your body (some believe its a temple to god) is a part of alot of religions. This is not just an Islam issue.

i think he wants to say that everything be forbidden in islam is for our healthy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2008, 01:53 PM
 
7 posts, read 34,807 times
Reputation: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Are you trying to say something about Islam in asking this about pork and like in your other thread about drinking?

Ask yourself why Islam prohibits anything detrimental to human health..!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2008, 01:58 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
10,732 posts, read 31,781,541 times
Reputation: 6774
Quote:
Originally Posted by BONA FIDE View Post
Ask yourself why Islam prohibits anything detrimental to human health..!!
I assume Islam forbids it to keep their members healthy just as other religions have similar rules or guidelines. As I have said, Islam is not the only religion that has these rules.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2008, 01:07 AM
 
348 posts, read 476,498 times
Reputation: 57
Default Do not defile the body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Does this mean that any kind of meat is forbidden to muslims? I find it difficult to eat any meat that is not dead or without blood?

Also are you a muslim from india? if you are cool!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
there is difference between when you butcher an animal then eat it
and when you eat the animal which dead naturally

dead meat is unhealthy

Do not eat animal fat or blood (Genesis 9:4, Leviticus 3:17; 7:23-27; 17:10-14, Deuteronomy 12:16). [Note: Recent scientific studies have confirmed the fact that most heart attacks result from a high cholesterol level in the blood -and that the use of "fats" is largely responsible for this high level. Also, the blood can transfer diseases. Science is just catching up with the Bible. ]

I like to soak my meat overnight in water or salt water, and it takes the blood out of it quite nicely.

In the Middle Ages, Jews were accused of sorcery because they escaped many of the sicknesses that afflicted others. It is now known that this was because they observed the laws of "cleanness". The laws of uncleanness also include other (obvious to us) instructions such as avoiding contact with blood, contaminated water, skin diseases, rats and fleas, and not touching dead bodies. Isn't it logical that a God who created and loves mankind will also have given guidance on the best "fuel" for his body?


Avoid eating animals that die by themselves (Leviticus 17:15; 22:8, Deuteronomy 14:21, Ezekiel 4:14)

Those who break God's rules regarding the care of the body machine will reap broken bodies and burned-out lives (Galatians 6:7), just as one who abuses his automobile will have serious car trouble. And those who continue to break God's laws of health will ultimately be destroyed by the Lord (1 Corinthians 3:16-17). God's health laws are not arbitrary. They are natural, established laws of the universe, like the law of gravity. Ignoring these laws always brings certain disastrous results.

Nothing defiling or unclean will be permitted in God's kingdom (Revelation 21:27, Ezekiel 11:21). The use of improper foods defile a man (Daniel 1:8). Choosing their "own ways" and that in which God "delighted not" shall be slain by the Lord (Isaiah 66:3-4), especially eating pork & swine’s flesh (Isaiah 66:15-17), because it’s considered rebellion against God.

Sincere bondservant's of Christ will bring their lives into harmony with God's rules, because they love Him (2 Corinthians 7:1, 1 John 3:3, John 14:15). God's counsel and rules are always for our good, just as good parents' rules and counsel are best for their children. God holds us accountable (James 4:17). The reason for restricting our diet is because we are the holy children of God (Deuteronomy 14:1-3).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2008, 01:18 AM
 
348 posts, read 476,498 times
Reputation: 57
Default unclean meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
Chickens are nastier than pigs with their eating habits.

The scriptures that were quoted for Christians were from the Old Testament. There is no such teaching in the New, in fact Peter was told that all creatures are now declared clean, and are to be eaten. Acts 10: 10-16 and 11:5-9.
I read that the gizzard of a chicken filters out anything bad that might go into the meat.

Most people interpret Acts 10 (Peter's vision) as pertaining to unclean animals. In fact, the subject of this vision is not animals, but people. God gave Peter this vision to show him that the Gentiles were not unclean, as the Jews believed. God had instructed Cornelius, a Gentile, to send men to visit Peter. But Peter would have refused to see them if God had not given him this vision, because Jewish law forbade entertaining Gentiles (verse 28). But when the men finally did arrive, Peter welcomed them, explaining that ordinarily he would not have done so, but "God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean" (verse 28). In the next chapter (Acts 11), the church members criticized Peter for speaking with these Gentiles. So Peter told them the whole story of his vision and its meaning. And Acts 11:18 says, "When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life." So, Peter interprets this vision as pertaining to Gentiles, not animals.

Please read these chapters again, with this in mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2008, 06:31 AM
 
Location: NW Arkansas
3,978 posts, read 7,627,135 times
Reputation: 3759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
I read that the gizzard of a chicken filters out anything bad that might go into the meat.

Most people interpret Acts 10 (Peter's vision) as pertaining to unclean animals. In fact, the subject of this vision is not animals, but people. God gave Peter this vision to show him that the Gentiles were not unclean, as the Jews believed. God had instructed Cornelius, a Gentile, to send men to visit Peter. But Peter would have refused to see them if God had not given him this vision, because Jewish law forbade entertaining Gentiles (verse 28). But when the men finally did arrive, Peter welcomed them, explaining that ordinarily he would not have done so, but "God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean" (verse 28). In the next chapter (Acts 11), the church members criticized Peter for speaking with these Gentiles. So Peter told them the whole story of his vision and its meaning. And Acts 11:18 says, "When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life." So, Peter interprets this vision as pertaining to Gentiles, not animals.

Please read these chapters again, with this in mind.
I uderstand what you are saying, but I do not agree that it does not apply to both situations.

Genesis 9:3 " Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you; I give it all to you, just as I gave the green plant."
The Mosaic laws on unclean meats were added later for the Israelites. Now they have been removed. The Gentiles were accepted by God, and all meats were declared clean.

Many do not seem to realize that in the beginning only green plants were to be both man's and animal's food. Genesis 1:29,30
Neither man nor beast kept that 'law'. That may have been part of what God was speaking of when He said, " Now the earth was corrupt in the sight of God, and the earth was filled with violence. And God looked on the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth. Then God said to Noah, 'The end of all flesh has come before Me; for the earth is filled with violence because of them;' "
Genesis 6:11-13
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2008, 10:06 AM
 
348 posts, read 476,498 times
Reputation: 57
Default Unclean meat Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
I uderstand what you are saying, but I do not agree that it does not apply to both situations.

Genesis 9:3 " Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you; I give it all to you, just as I gave the green plant."
Quote:
The Mosaic laws on unclean meats were added later for the Israelites. Now they have been removed.
The Gentiles were accepted by God, and all meats were declared clean.

Many do not seem to realize that in the beginning only green plants were to be both man's and animal's food. Genesis 1:29,30
Neither man nor beast kept that 'law'. That may have been part of what God was speaking of when He said, " Now the earth was corrupt in the sight of God, and the earth was filled with violence. And God looked on the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth. Then God said to Noah, 'The end of all flesh has come before Me; for the earth is filled with violence because of them;' "
Genesis 6:11-13

This is when God first allowed man to eat meats. God did not tell Noah to eat all animals, because this verse likens meat to green herbs, all of which God gave man to eat (Genesis 1:29). We all know there are green plants which are deadly if eaten, and we wouldn’t consider eating them.

God intended for Noah’s family to eat only clean animals, which is why God commanded Noah to gather the clean animals by 7, and the unclean animals by 2 (Genesis 7:2). In fact, if Noah did kill any unclean animal, that species would have ceased to exist, since there were only 2 of each unclean animal. Which is why Noah only used clean animals when making burnt offerings on the altar (Genesis 8:20). Besides, if literally all "moving things", are meat for us, are not men and women living things? I’m sure you wouldn’t eat your neighbor! We must interpret scripture with scripture (Isaiah 28:9-10).

Even Abel sacrificed "the firstlings of his flock and of their fat portions" (Genesis 4:4) and - as with many of the types of sacrifice - it's likely that he would have eaten a portion of it as part of the "sacrificial fellowship" with God. These sacrifices were of the 'clean' animals only, or cattle (Genesis 18:7ff).


Quote:
The Mosaic laws on unclean meats were added later for the Israelites. Now they have been removed.

There were no Jews in Noah’s day when this restriction was laid by God upon all men (Genesis 7:2,8; 9:3). Ponder this significant fact carefully: if certain animals were identified as unclean before the flood (Genesis 7:2,8); if they were still counted as unclean when Peter rejected them in his vision 10-20 years after Christ’s death (Acts 10:14; 11:8); if they are still called unclean in Revelation 18:2, where it speaks of "unclean" birds; and if Isaiah said that all those who are eating swine (such as pork, ham, bacon, sausages, hot-dogs, baloney, pepperoni) at the coming of the Lord will be consumed with fire (Isaiah 66:15-17), how can we feel that they are now fit to eat? When did they become clean?

Notice this last passage well (Isaiah 66:15-17). God said those who eat unclean meats will be consumed with fire by Him. Also, look at:

Leviticus 20:25, "Ye shall therefore put difference between clean beasts and unclean, and between unclean fowls and clean: and ye shall not make your souls abominable by beast, or by fowl, or by any manner of living thing that creepeth on the ground, which I have separated from you as unclean."
God said anyone who eats unclean meats is abominable!

Genesis 7:2 "You shall take with you seven each of every clean animal, a male and his female; two each of animals that [are] unclean, a male and his female;

Genesis 7:8 Of clean animals, of animals that [are] unclean, of birds, and of everything that creeps on the earth,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2008, 01:03 PM
 
Location: Orlando
8,233 posts, read 11,270,366 times
Reputation: 4064
They also have the bacteria that is responsible for ulcers.
The meat is a poor quality and is not considered "spiritual" in several faiths including Hinduism.
It is by no means the "other white meat" it is loaded with fat. People would be better off not eating meat at all in most cases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2008, 02:50 PM
 
Location: NW Arkansas
3,978 posts, read 7,627,135 times
Reputation: 3759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiram View Post

God intended for Noah’s family to eat only clean animals, which is why God commanded Noah to gather the clean animals by 7, and the unclean animals by 2 (Genesis 7:2). In fact, if Noah did kill any unclean animal, that species would have ceased to exist, since there were only 2 of each unclean animal.

Genesis 7:2 "You shall take with you seven each of every clean animal, a male and his female; two each of animals that [are] unclean, a male and his female;
,

Ah yes, but since I was born and raised on a farm that raised both hogs and cattle, I know that hogs have litters, cows have only one offspring, and rarely,twins. Hogs breed at 8 months, and have from 8 to 12 pigs at a time, and can have up to 27 or more ! Heifers breed at 15 to 27 months. Do the math. How many hogs could there be in one year's time, and how many cattle, even if all the heifers had twins? Also, there were 7 males of the cattle. It only takes one to breed 7 cows. Therefore there were 6 males that could be used for food and sacrifices in the first year, and only 8 people to eat them. This is not counting all the other clean male animals,( goats, sheep, etc.), and all the creatures of the sea, and the birds (fowl). I can't see 8 people eating that many creatures and depleting the source. Naturally there were children that came after the flood, but how long would it be before they consumed much meat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top