U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 12:11 AM

3,904 posts, read 6,199,896 times

Advertisements

I love pork! Ellie Krieger from the Food Network says its healthy for you too. Did you know that turkey has more cholesterol than ham.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 06:20 AM

3 posts, read 5,026 times
Default why pork is forbidden in islam

not eating pork is a form of worship for muslims. any act or omission done or not done in obedience to the law of God is considered as an act of worship in Islam. eating pork is a thing strictly forbidden by God in the Quran and anybody who prevents himself from eating pork because of that injunction is in fact, islamically, doing an act of worship to God.

so, to answer the question why pork is forbidden in islam- the answer is that because it is forbidden by God and such prohibition is written in the Quran. (thank you very much bonifide for your very comprehensive and exhaustive reply to this question).

Old 06-02-2008, 07:06 AM

3,978 posts, read 7,630,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
I love pork! Ellie Krieger from the Food Network says its healthy for you too. Did you know that turkey has more cholesterol than ham.

I am fond of pork also and know many folk who lived to 90 or more on a pork diet. I imagine a google search would come up with negative reports on almost anything we eat ! ( and drink)

Now, as to the other posts:

As for the Old Testament laws, I know they were given for a good reason, but they do not apply to Christians.

Let's start at the beginning of the New Testament ( actually before...with the 'gospels' ).
Matt 15.10,11 " And He called to Himself the multitude, and said to them,'Hear, and understand. Not what goes into the mouth defiles the man, but what precedes out of the mouth, this defiles the man."
Matt 15.15--18 "And Peter answered and said to Him, 'Explain the parable to us.' And He said,'Are you still without understanding? Do you not understand that everything that goes into the mouth passes into the stomach, and is eliminated? But the things that proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and these defile the man. For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, sexual immorality, thefts, false witnesses,slanders. These are the things that defile a man; "

Mark 7.14 " and summoning the multitude again,He begun saying to them, 'Listen to Me, all of you, and understand: there is nothing outside a man which going into him can defile Him; but the things which proceed out of the man are what defile the man.'
verses 17-23 " And then leaving the multitude, He had entered the house, and His disciples questioned Him about the parable. And He said to them, ' Are you too so uncomprehending? Do you not see that whatever goes into the man from outside cannot defile him; because it does not go into his heart, but into his stomach, and is eliminated?' ( Thus He declared all foods clean.)
And He was saying, 'That which proceeds out of the man, that is what defiles the man. For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed the evil thoughts and acts of sexual immorality, thefts,murders,adulteries,deeds of coveting and wickedness, as well as deciet, sensuality, envy, slander, pride and foolishness. All these evil things proceed from within and defile the man.' "

Peter and his vision in Acts 10 have already been discussed, so I will go on :

Romans 14.14 " I know and am convinced in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean of itself; but to him who thinks anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean."

1st Corinthians 10.25 " Eat anything that is sold in the meat market, without asking questions for conscience' sake."
This verse is refering to meat sacrificed to idols, not can also apply to the 'eating all' issue also.

I hope this helps clear up the eating of meats for the Christian. As for the Jews, if they do not keep all of the Levitical laws they are guilty of all!

Old 06-02-2008, 10:56 AM

3,904 posts, read 6,199,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
As for the Jews, if they do not keep all of the Levitical laws they are guilty of all!

Did you know that pork(shellfish as well)is very popular in Israel?lol

Old 06-02-2008, 01:39 PM

3,978 posts, read 7,630,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Did you know that pork(shellfish as well)is very popular in Israel?lol

I am happy to hear that!

Old 06-02-2008, 02:22 PM

2,790 posts, read 5,702,704 times
Geesh! I wonder what Emeril Lagasse would say about this thread? Maybe, "pork fat rules!" Sorry, I just couldn't resist. It was the Satan/Santa thread that made me do it!

Old 09-01-2012, 05:02 AM

3 posts, read 3,663 times
Ok Lets get closer to Islam.
Pork is edible in Islam.
Who said pork is a forbiden for a muslim to eat.

The crime involved in eating pork is Haram. Haram means commiting a sin which has many
ways to describe the necessity of eating pork.

Lets make it clear that no food or drinks and drugs is forbidden in Islam. Its just a sin which Islam has ways
to forgive its followers if he intend to go to heaven and away from hell.
Islam is universal and all food is also universal too.

For those muslims too please give positive explainations so that
non muslims can understand islam the correct way. Dont just give proud and stupid answers. please dont lower the
standard of being an Islam.

regards ......................ansari

Old 09-04-2012, 11:53 AM

13 posts, read 14,482 times
Can you eat the flesh of corrupt. Well as pork meat is not good.Effects known to God. Which prevented us. Did not tell why. Discover it ourselves.

Old 09-15-2012, 05:44 AM

3 posts, read 3,663 times
Yes corrupted people,S flesh can be eaten.
Fit for the black iguana...hehe

Corruption for the good is ok for mankind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or