U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 01:25 AM

2,633 posts, read 4,531,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Look, a girl was stoned to death for just TALKING to an American soldier - he wasn't a christian and he gave her a little teddy bear. That was all. The girl approached the soldier to talk. She underestimated the hatred that her family and most people in Iraq have towards Americans and American Soldiers especially.

Did you realise, Muslims have more respect for a Westerner who is a Christian than for a Westerner who has NO beliefs.

Anyone who is not a muslim is an enemy. Doesn't matter what you are or who you are - if you are no with them you are against them.

You cannot play games with these people, you cannot negotiate. They will chew you up and spit you right out.

The Islam faith is not one of tolerance. They view their Allah as an angry God. Muslims who have become christians were amazed that the Christian God was tolerant and loving......this is NOT THEIR GOD!!

Yes, the Musllims should be cautious, they shouldn't go evangelising while on duty, purposely antagonising these Iraqis, but if you think that by bending over backwards for them everything will be ok......you are fooling yourselves. If these people can strangle their own children, stone them to death whilst they are looking at them with pleading desperate eyes - do not think they will have one ounce of pity for an American anywhere on Islamic soil. THAT is their true religion.
Are you trying to make a point relevant to the coin incident? It doesn't matter how much you demonize them, the soldier still has no right to be handing out those coins in uniform.

I think you should really get exposure to the less extreme examples of Islam. Come live in Slough for a while and I can assure you that you will meet a very nice muslim sikh and hindu demographic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 10:36 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,038,493 times
Quote:
Anyone who is not a muslim is an enemy. Doesn't matter what you are or who you are - if you are no with them you are against them.
really !!!!!
is it your proof that muslims iraqi consider amricans soldiers as enemy for them ?
is it your clues that muslims hate nonmuslims ? what a conclusion !

Quote:
The Islam faith is not one of tolerance. They view their Allah as an angry God. Muslims who have become christians were amazed that the Christian God was tolerant and loving......this is NOT THEIR GOD!!
yes islam not tolerance , they defend themselfs from invadors , what an evil practise they does , they must to be peacfull as jesus and gave the enemy thier own land without resistence and without violence and just give up , what a jock !

Quote:
Yes, the Musllims should be cautious, they shouldn't go evangelising while on duty, purposely antagonising these Iraqis, but if you think that by bending over backwards for them everything will be ok......you are fooling yourselves. If these people can strangle their own children, stone them to death whilst they are looking at them with pleading desperate eyes - do not think they will have one ounce of pity for an American anywhere on Islamic soil. THAT is their true religion.
what is this ? are muslims stoned thier own chidren to death ?!! , are you really believe that ?

Old 06-24-2008, 11:29 AM

1,487 posts, read 2,054,102 times
I think that "jennaflorrie" might do herself a favor by looking at the history of Muslims in the West. Especially the years 711 to 1492 in Spain and Portugal. During this period of almost 800 years, Muslims, Jews and Christians live in peace. This was a very liberal and free period for Islam in which the culture made many advances that directly effect the world we live in to day in progressive and positive ways. For example, it was under the Moors that the first university in Europe was establish as well as the first conservatory of music. One of the first things about being a good Christian is to be tolerant which it appears this young lady does not advocate or at least that is how she sounds on this thread.

Religion is a very personal event but it is also cultural and even ethnic but it is private. I have never had any Muslims coming to my door trying to convert me nor any Jews nor any Catholics for that matter but plenty of Protestants and mostly of fringe "born again" churches. They claim to have found Jesus but in my expedience Jesus has never been lost from my experience. I don't need a religion whose culture is foreign to me when i already have one which serves me well and has all my life and for generations in my family.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:37 AM

13 posts, read 5,266 times
Default Is this somewhat a time for Moore's Utopia?

It would mean that the dealings between various forms of business and conscience allowed for progress of the absolute accord of better relations irrespective of the people's state of misunderstanding.

Previous idea I made may be ignored.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:53 AM

1,171 posts, read 2,240,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Are you trying to make a point relevant to the coin incident? It doesn't matter how much you demonize them, the soldier still has no right to be handing out those coins in uniform.

I think you should really get exposure to the less extreme examples of Islam. Come live in Slough for a while and I can assure you that you will meet a very nice muslim sikh and hindu demographic.

Well, I work with some muslim Drs and they are fine. Not everyone who is muslim will stone you to death...........when the muslims are in foreign territory they mostly behave and integrate. But if they get a chance to take over....they will. And then it will be Sharia Law. Hope you enjoy that in Slough!!!

Now, plenty of muslims have been in the news in England and elsewhere for killing off an errant Daughter or daughter in law. Again, I am not saying this happens every day - just that their rules and laws are very different to ours.

Dear, dear......a soldier handing out some COINS......how terrible.....STONE HIM!!!!! lol Sorry, I am in a funny mood today!

I have argued my point, you can agree or disagree - hey, you are free to do so and that is my point......thank God for Freedom.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom9 View Post
I think that "jennaflorrie" might do herself a favor by looking at the history of Muslims in the West. Especially the years 711 to 1492 in Spain and Portugal. During this period of almost 800 years, Muslims, Jews and Christians live in peace. This was a very liberal and free period for Islam in which the culture made many advances that directly effect the world we live in to day in progressive and positive ways. For example, it was under the Moors that the first university in Europe was establish as well as the first conservatory of music. One of the first things about being a good Christian is to be tolerant which it appears this young lady does not advocate or at least that is how she sounds on this thread.

Religion is a very personal event but it is also cultural and even ethnic but it is private. I have never had any Muslims coming to my door trying to convert me nor any Jews nor any Catholics for that matter but plenty of Protestants and mostly of fringe "born again" churches. They claim to have found Jesus but in my expedience Jesus has never been lost from my experience. I don't need a religion whose culture is foreign to me when i already have one which serves me well and has all my life and for generations in my family.

Muslims killed many, many people in Turkey and elsewhere!! If they were in the minority though they were more peaceful.

Muslims won't come to your door - they will be much more subtle than that. They will get elected, change things from the inside out....if they can.

I do not hate muslims. I pray that God will show himself to them as the Loving God he is.....through Jesus who came to earth to die for the sins of all those who will believe on him...muslim, hindu, jew.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Well, I work with some muslim Drs and they are fine. Not everyone who is muslim will stone you to death.....
How about "only the extremists will stone you to death"?
Quote:
......when the muslims are in foreign territory they mostly behave and integrate. But if they get a chance to take over....they will. And then it will be Sharia Law. Hope you enjoy that in Slough!!!
Ah yes its only when we are not looking that they turn to demons. Sorry but about 41% of the people living in Slough are not white so trying to spread Xenophobia here is useless and only makes the person doing it look like someone full of hot air

Quote:
Now, plenty of muslims have been in the news in England and elsewhere for killing off an errant Daughter or daughter in law. Again, I am not saying this happens every day
As opposed to 0 cases of christians killing anyone for a religious reason?
Quote:
- just that their rules and laws are very different to ours.
You did it again, you pointed at a specific and then tried to pass it off as general behaviour.

Quote:
Dear, dear......a soldier handing out some COINS......how terrible.....STONE HIM!!!!! lol Sorry, I am in a funny mood today!

I have argued my point, you can agree or disagree - hey, you are free to do so and that is my point......thank God for Freedom.
Run jennaflorrie run!, after those communists...I mean muslims turn this country to ash they will surely but secretly do the same with the USA.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:39 PM

[quote=coosjoaquin;4214932]How about "only the extremists will stone you to death"?

Ah yes its only when we are not looking that they turn to demons. Sorry but about 41% of the people living in Slough are not white so trying to spread Xenophobia here is useless and only makes the person doing it look like someone full of hot air

As opposed to 0 cases of christians killing anyone for a religious reason?

You did it again, you pointed at a specific and then tried to pass it off as general behaviour.

Aren't there already muslim candidates elected into Parliment in England? and haven't some of these muslim people NOW IN GOVERNEMENT in England asking for more and more muslim rights? They were asking for Shaira Law in certain domestic situations last thing I heard!!

Better Run, run, run yourself......or buy yourself a nice big headscarf from your local store. Or why not go the full hog and get your self a big black bag and jump inside it - two holes for eyes........you will fit it to Slough then - sounds like it is getting less English by the day......

Oh, yes and wasn't there an outcry recently, because some Christians dared to hand out Christian tracts in a Muslim area in England?! The Christians were told to "Stop at once" by a Muslim Policeman. Oh dear!!! A Christian not allowed to give out christian tracts in England now.......see what I mean?

Anyway, glad you feel so magnimonious towards them....join them now.....hey mosques are all the rage in England now aren't they.

Open your eyes........

Old 06-24-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Aren't there already muslim candidates elected into Parliment in England? and haven't some of these muslim people NOW IN GOVERNEMENT in England asking for more and more muslim rights? They were asking for Shaira Law in certain domestic situations last thing I heard!!
Wait are you actually suggesting that we shouldn't allow muslims to become MP? Civil rights?

Quote:
Better Run, run, run yourself......or buy yourself a nice big headscarf from your local store. Or why not go the full hog and get your self a big black bag and jump inside it - two holes for eyes........you will fit it to Slough then - sounds like it is getting less English by the day......

Oh, yes and wasn't there an outcry recently, because some Christians dared to hand out Christian tracts in a Muslim area in England?! The Christians were told to "Stop at once" by a Muslim Policeman. Oh dear!!! A Christian not allowed to give out christian tracts in England now.......see what I mean?

Anyway, glad you feel so magnimonious towards them....join them now.....hey mosques are all the rage in England now aren't they.

Open your eyes........
Sorry but your prejudice wont get much reaction from me. Again its just Xenophobia that drives you which is why you need to demonize the "enemy" thus painting a billion people in the colours of the few extremists(minus of course the ones you've met who are obviously just waiting for the right chance to strike).

Old 06-24-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Wait are you actually suggesting that we shouldn't allow muslims to become MP? Civil rights?

Sorry but your prejudice wont get much reaction from me. Again its just Xenophobia that drives you which is why you need to demonize the "enemy" thus painting a billion people in the colours of the few extremists(minus of course the ones you've met who are obviously just waiting for the right chance to strike).

Remember I said they would change things from the inside out? Well, England is well within their sights - I'll give it another 10 years......

I am not prejudiced. I don't care who the person is, if they are white, black, indian, chinese........but Islam is an Army on the March in the western world and you WILL obey the Sharia law one day, because people like you believe that all the muslims are like US. they want us to be like them. Once they have taken over England you will have little choice. Get your headscarf now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or