U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 01:25 PM

2,633 posts, read 4,534,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Remember I said they would change things from the inside out? Well, England is well within their sights - I'll give it another 10 years......
Muslims have been coming here in the Uk for quite a while now. I know you don't believe me but hopefully you will eventually understand that most muslims are not out to get us. They are people just like us and if you fear the extremists(of any religion in my case), then fair enough but thats just what they are, extremists.
Quote:
I am not prejudiced.
Delusion at best since your posts say otherwise.

Quote:
I don't care who the person is, if they are white, black, indian, chinese........but Islam
I think others will catch on to the inherent contradiction here

Quote:
is an Army on the March in the western world and you WILL obey the Sharia law one day, because people like you believe that all the muslims are like US.
Like US? You mean like they are not human too? Preeeeejjjjjuuuuuudddddiiiiiiccceeeee

Quote:
they want us to be like them. Once they have taken over England you will have little choice. Get your headscarf now...
Maybe I wasn't swift enough in comparing this to communism and the cold war era.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 01:29 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,242,905 times
OK - we will have to agree to disagree.

Old 06-24-2008, 03:17 PM

24,639 posts, read 24,843,755 times
Although I have jennaflorrie filtered, I can get the gist of her fear and delusion.

Of these links, the first is particularly interesting. It's the world map of religions.
The orthodox xian religions are (luckily) pretty-well encapsulated in the northern hemisphere.
http://www.rayfowler.org/blog/wp-con..._religions.gif
World religions
The religion of Islam
Major Religions Ranked by Size

Old 06-24-2008, 03:33 PM

7,916 posts, read 16,805,424 times
chielgirl, I'd like to see that 16% categorized as nonreligious on your last link to become a much larger figure. I really think the world would be a better place. And thanks for posting it by the way, it has some interesting information.

Old 06-24-2008, 03:33 PM

1,487 posts, read 2,056,486 times
I am afraid that this thread is now almost dead. There is no talking or debating with fanatics no matter what their political, racial or religious views are.

Old 06-24-2008, 03:38 PM

Quote:
OK - we will have to agree to disagree.
Why sure, I'll agree with people who find extremism dangerous and disagree with anyone who's doing unsubstantiated attacks on a group.

Old 06-24-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Although I have jennaflorrie filtered, I can get the gist of her fear and delusion.

Of these links, the first is particularly interesting. It's the world map of religions.
The orthodox xian religions are (luckily) pretty-well encapsulated in the northern hemisphere.
http://www.rayfowler.org/blog/wp-con..._religions.gif
World religions
The religion of Islam
Major Religions Ranked by Size
Maybe someday the map on the first link will be fully dark grey but I know that chances are it'll be all white first.

Old 06-24-2008, 03:47 PM

24,639 posts, read 24,843,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom9 View Post
I am afraid that this thread is now almost dead. There is no talking or debating with fanatics no matter what their political, racial or religious views are.
We get a new crop of fanatics on a regular basis. They'll raise it from the dead again.

Old 06-25-2008, 08:31 AM

2,631 posts, read 4,939,601 times
^did someone say my name? wha...

ok, back from a few days hiatus. this is still amounting to some people justifying dishonesty in order to achieve their ends. it also still amounts to them saying that God commands them to testify 100% of the time. if they are so adamant about testifying 100% of the time that they choose places like the already volatile iraq to illegally preach, then why do they not do so at home, when sleeping, showering, eating, watching tv, getting wife pregnant, etc? is it somehow more exciting to preach in a way that could indirectly cause your death, but more likely the deaths of others? or is it that they suddenly remember? or is it that there is some misconceived feeling of superiority that gives them courage when they are forcefully occupying a country and commanding its citizens with the weight of a gun?

why? because there is a time and a place for everything. as i mentioned earlier, there are good things, and there are better things, and our intention and use of a good thing can make it either: a) a better thing, or b) a bad thing. in the case of putting others' lives (you can make yourself a martyr if you want, but you have no right to make that choice for others) in danger, lying in order to do so, disobeying direct orders (again, which you have given your word, probably in God's name), and coercing people (because it is ridiculous to think that it is not coercion in the light of occupation + armed preacher = christian love and virtue? come on...), it is not a good or a better thing; it is a bad thing. simple as that. try reading the bible--it'll let you know that justification is not of God. it'll also let you know that abusing authority is damnable. not to mention the sweltering heat of the place that it says liars go to.

and again, i love the simple conclusions that campbell has come to, that because i think differently than he does, it means i obviously don't have faith. i prefer to think of it as the fact that when i read the scriptures, i see that i have to obey, but not compromise my obedience and honor in other areas. maybe i should call it holistic obedience.

aaron out.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:58 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,242,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
We get a new crop of fanatics on a regular basis. They'll raise it from the dead again.

You're fanatical too - just for opposite reasons to me! How judgemental to label me a fanatic - take a look in the mirror, there is NO reasoning with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or