U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 06:36 AM

24,639 posts, read 24,835,555 times

Advertisements

You have no idea how evangelical the military is at this time. It's quite frightening. No one will be punished except for some lowly enlisted. That's the way the military works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 06:52 AM

4,349 posts, read 6,621,298 times
I think this and the fear we may be heading to a religious war or a perceived religious war is something we should all call our congressmen on. I work in and out of DC, and deal with lobbies at times. In discussions with them I was told a non form letter is valued as 1000 voters, a call as was valued as 1500 voters, and a visit was equal to 5000 voters. I think if all of us sent a letter it would make enough of a mark to wake up some of the powers on the issue. In DC voters are as good as Money in the bank!

Old 05-30-2008, 07:25 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,290,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
I agree with the first part of your post, but please don't paint all those who would call themselves Christians with the same brush. Most American Christians understand and agree with the issue of separation of church and state.

I am anxious to hear the rest of the story. I'm betting that there are folks of higher rank that will be exposed. And I can't wait until they do follow the money and see who has funded this. Might another rejection of a presidential endorsement be in the works?
Too true....you are right, not all Christians agree with this type of thing, and I apologize for lumping together the self serving idiots with the faithful

Old 05-30-2008, 03:04 PM

244 posts, read 365,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
I think this and the fear we may be heading to a religious war or a perceived religious war is something we should all call our congressmen on. I work in and out of DC, and deal with lobbies at times. In discussions with them I was told a non form letter is valued as 1000 voters, a call as was valued as 1500 voters, and a visit was equal to 5000 voters. I think if all of us sent a letter it would make enough of a mark to wake up some of the powers on the issue. In DC voters are as good as Money in the bank!
A call is worth more than a non-form letter? By letter, were you thinking snail mail or email?

Old 05-30-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirbryn View Post
A call is worth more than a non-form letter? By letter, were you thinking snail mail or email?
I hate to tell you it is snail mail, and written by hand.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:52 PM

84 posts, read 200,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
What are you talking about? Proselytizing a religion is different then the American revolution.
If you cant see the point then you not able to reason.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:56 PM

84 posts, read 200,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Your comparison is bogus. Independence does not equal religious bullying.

How would you feel if you had Muslims trying to convert you?
Getting people killed in the name of your god thing is not good. But wackaloon christians donít care because itís not their own lives being put on the line.
Bullying? were you there? where is any proof to back up this baseless statement?

I am ok with anyone trying to convert me. Why are you afraid?
Who has been killed by the actions of the few people? did the killer say hay i was not going to kill anyone but now I am? Come on Hippie. Your full of something but it is not facts. Post up a fact with proof.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabee View Post
Bullying? were you there? where is any proof to back up this baseless statement?

I am ok with anyone trying to convert me. Why are you afraid?
Who has been killed by the actions of the few people? did the killer say hay i was not going to kill anyone but now I am? Come on Hippie. Your full of something but it is not facts. Post up a fact with proof.
Seebee,
I know it is late, but you need to keep the lights on a little longer. If the impression of a religious war is transferred to the Moslems in the Middle East than the war wonít be with the small, but organized terrorized group it will be with the Middle East and an army of millions. A religious war is the last thing any sane person would want on both sides, and the effort to convert any people in a war zone other than being illegal is without a doubt as stupid as any of the mistakes made during this war.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:00 PM

24,639 posts, read 24,835,555 times
But the wackaloon christians want a religious war, they want armageddon.

If one person dies for your religion that's too many.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:22 PM

2,631 posts, read 4,938,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
But the wackaloon christians want a religious war, they want armageddon.

If one person dies for your religion that's too many.
i am sure that there are a few people out there that fit this description, but i sincerely doubt that this is the majority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or