U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 12:19 PM

24,639 posts, read 24,854,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
Especially in its mistreatment of women, Sharia Law, and honor killings! Very beautiful.

Preterist
The xians had the middle ages and torture and destruction under their reign, didn't they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grits&sweettea View Post
Just because he was a member of a Christian church doesn't say he was a true Christian, I don't follow politics or alot of news stuff I'm kinda a simple country girl and a circle is a circle and a square is a square, and thats the way it is, If you say you are a Christian you don't pull a Hitlar so in my book he is not a Christian, same with the other "KIND, AND CARING" religions if you hurt people and happy when other people hurt other people or do bad things, well then you are just a bad person and the "KIND AND CAREING" things your religon stands for well, hon, you just an't it!
Who are you to say who is or is not xian? Hitler was xian, raised catholic. Most xians I know are not saints by any stretch of the imagination. Throughout mankind xians have been brutal and murderous. Just acknowledge the facts.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
Why do most of the countries that are predominately Muslim outlaw religious freedom, especially Christianity? There are people who are killed all the time because they proclamed that Jesus was the only son of God, and they weren't strapping bombs to their bodies, so who were they hurting?
Some of these countries outlaw the bible, and local fellowship among Christians. I could understand if maybe one or two countries acted like this, but that's not the case.
It might do you some good to read about Turkey and the Turkish empire.
Xians are more prone to disallow/disavow any other beliefs.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:59 PM

500 posts, read 636,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
The xians had the middle ages and torture and destruction under their reign, didn't they?
Hey thanks for reminding me that we still live in the middle ages. All this time, I thought it's 2008, silly me. Well, be right back, gotta go torture some people

Old 09-29-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Who are you to say who is or is not xian? Hitler was xian, raised catholic. Most xians I know are not saints by any stretch of the imagination. Throughout mankind xians have been brutal and murderous. Just acknowledge the facts.
We acknowledge them, question is, how come you don't seem to acknowledge what is going on TODAY/Today's Islam?

Last edited by Christian Arab; 09-29-2008 at 01:11 PM..

Old 09-29-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
It might do you some good to read about Turkey and the Turkish empire.
Xians are more prone to disallow/disavow any other beliefs.
Yeah, I recommend you read that as well, especially the part about the Armenian Genocide.

By the way chielgirl, do you have anything from our lifetime?
why do you always deflect?Why can't you answer UNT_Eagle question?

Old 09-29-2008, 01:13 PM

2,441 posts, read 5,374,537 times
One HUGE fundamental difference is that Islamic (Muslim) followers not only believe and trust in their faith, but their religious leaders as well. The same is not so for Christians. Christians pick which sect of Christianity works best for them and their social life choices (Lutheran, Catholic, Protestant, Presbyterian, etc.).

If the Pope and other Christian leaders ever called for a "Holy War" against Muslims, I think all 10 people responding to the call could meet at the same airport, because none of the other Christians trust their religious leaders or religion as much. They will hide behind the "Christians are peaceful people" notion as not to inconvenience their life.

Let's hope it never comes down to a true religious war, the Christians will look as pushover as the French in WWII.

Old 04-09-2009, 03:22 PM

2 posts, read 4,205 times
you say religion is all about peace and love, when the reality is very much the opposite.
religion is the prime factor of most wars that occur in soceity, believe it or not.
the irony in that is fantastic

Old 04-10-2009, 12:30 PM

13,624 posts, read 11,072,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
Islam is a religion of kindness and caring...it's the radicals who use it for their own purposes that make it frightening to many people and do the harm on this planet. Radical Christians are just as bad.
i don't see many christians straping on bombs to thenselves and blowing up peaceful gatherings like weddings and churches. it happends almost everday in the islamic world of religion

Old 04-10-2009, 12:35 PM

13,624 posts, read 11,072,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Arab View Post
Hey thanks for reminding me that we still live in the middle ages. All this time, I thought it's 2008, silly me. Well, be right back, gotta go torture some people
like is it 2009 or 1543 damit can't remember
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or