U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 06:58 AM

40,056 posts, read 30,517,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
In countries where Muslims are educated, and are integrated into society there is not that problem. But in countries where Muslim populations have not been fully integrated and don't have the same possibilities as the rest of the population is where the problem lies.
And you get the brass ring! That is the problem, exactly. And it remains a vicious circle, because the people with an agenda to propagate aren't going to allow their populations to become educated.

If the United States was actually interested in making genuine improvements around the world, we'd be exporting building materials (for schools) and books, rather than troops and weapons. I know, I know--that's called pie in the sky. But it also happens to be the truth, however unlikely it is to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 01:00 AM

7 posts, read 4,571 times
Christianity is not a religion,nowhere in the the bible does Jesus call himself a christian,infact wot makes u christian(believing jesus is the son of god or jesus is god or the holy trinity,which is also not mentioned in the bilble) Which one is it?
The muslims knows much more about jesus than the christians does,aslo we muslims follows him in every message & his way of life,let me give u a few examples,when the romans came to get him at the garden of getsemany,wot did jesus do,he fell on his face and prayed to God and called Ellah Ellah & we muslims call god Allah,so do christians fall on there face and pray,NO they dont,they go on their knees but we muslims put our head & faces on the ground,Jesus was circumcised if the christians even know that,how many christians men are circumcised? but all muslim men are circumcised. Also in the hebrew language there is no letter j or shoud i say makes the sound of the letter.... for example the pronounciation of the hebrew name Joahim,it starts with the letter J but not pronounced with J(if u know wot i mean) so how did the word Jesus come about?
So let me break it down for u,we muslims fall to our head & faces like Jesus did,we call God by name Allah like Jesus did(Ellah),all muslim men are circumcised like Jesus was & lastly we muslims call Jesus"Esa" which is his proper name given to him my his mother Mary(also wot do the christians no about Mary,eg:wot were her parents name,her birth,the reason why god chose her as the mother of jesus,where & with whom she stayed while pregnant,the favours God granted her while pregnant? In the Quran there is a whole book on Mary called Surah Mariam,which was her proper name. So you see we muslims are more christian than the christians themselves. So do yourselves a favor,go & read the Quran.

Last edited by Subhanallah; 08-22-2012 at 01:18 AM.. Reason: not finished yet

Old 10-20-2012, 03:22 PM

762 posts, read 986,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subhanallah View Post
Christianity is not a religion,nowhere in the the bible does Jesus call himself a christian,infact wot makes u christian(believing jesus is the son of god or jesus is god or the holy trinity,which is also not mentioned in the bilble) Which one is it?
The muslims knows much more about jesus than the christians does,aslo we muslims follows him in every message & his way of life,let me give u a few examples,when the romans came to get him at the garden of getsemany,wot did jesus do,he fell on his face and prayed to God and called Ellah Ellah & we muslims call god Allah,so do christians fall on there face and pray,NO they dont,they go on their knees but we muslims put our head & faces on the ground,Jesus was circumcised if the christians even know that,how many christians men are circumcised? but all muslim men are circumcised. Also in the hebrew language there is no letter j or shoud i say makes the sound of the letter.... for example the pronounciation of the hebrew name Joahim,it starts with the letter J but not pronounced with J(if u know wot i mean) so how did the word Jesus come about?
So let me break it down for u,we muslims fall to our head & faces like Jesus did,we call God by name Allah like Jesus did(Ellah),all muslim men are circumcised like Jesus was & lastly we muslims call Jesus"Esa" which is his proper name given to him my his mother Mary(also wot do the christians no about Mary,eg:wot were her parents name,her birth,the reason why god chose her as the mother of jesus,where & with whom she stayed while pregnant,the favours God granted her while pregnant? In the Quran there is a whole book on Mary called Surah Mariam,which was her proper name. So you see we muslims are more christian than the christians themselves. So do yourselves a favor,go & read the Quran.
Sorry but this is a nonsense. but you are free think and believe what you wish. Open your eyes, open your heart and do the research...it's simples.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:46 AM

17,167 posts, read 13,708,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
From what I see the fastest growing religion is materialism; worship of money.
That is an improvement over the "invisible man" model of religion.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:52 PM

870 posts, read 666,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
Islam is a religion of kindness and caring...it's the radicals who use it for their own purposes that make it frightening to many people and do the harm on this planet. Radical Christians are just as bad.
Yea, I am constantly afraid of Christians flying planes into skyscrapers. Happens all the time. All you have to know that every country with a conflict or war today is a predominantly Muslim nation.

And watch out for those Swiss Christian conservatives. It's total carnage....m...................................... ....o............................................. ...........r...................................... ..o............................................... ..........................n....................... .................................................. !

Old 11-04-2012, 10:18 PM

9,616 posts, read 11,368,316 times
Default Allahu Ahbar! But then... off with his head!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subhanallah View Post

The muslims knows much more about jesus than the christians does,aslo we muslims follows him in every message & his way of life,let me give u a few examples,when the romans came to get him at the garden of getsemany,wot did jesus do,he fell on his face and prayed to God and called Ellah Ellah & we muslims call god Allah,

so do christians fall on there face and pray,NO they dont,they go on their knees but we muslims put our head & faces on the ground,

Jesus was circumcised if the christians even know that,how many christians men are circumcised? but all muslim men are circumcised.

Also in the hebrew language there is no letter j or shoud i say makes the sound of the letter.... for example the pronounciation of the hebrew name Joahim,it starts with the letter J but not pronounced with J(if u know wot i mean) so how did the word Jesus come about?

So let me break it down for u,we muslims fall to our head & faces like Jesus did,we call God by name Allah like Jesus did(Ellah),all muslim men are circumcised like Jesus was & lastly we muslims call Jesus"Esa" which is his proper name given to him my his mother Mary

(Notes from rflmn: and all of these are examples of what, again? Your unthinking but totally obedient responses to fanatical demands from your Imams? How interesting!)

(also wot do the christians no about Mary,eg:wot were her parents name,her birth,the reason why god chose her as the mother of jesus,where & with whom she stayed while pregnant,the favours God granted her while pregnant? In the Quran there is a whole book on Mary called Surah Mariam,which was her proper name.

So you see we muslims are more christian than the christians themselves. So do yourselves a favor, go & read the Quran.
(Btw: it's "What", not "Wot". Just FYI...)

"More Christian"? What does "Christian" mean to you, pray tell? Not so much apparently, since we don't condone actions such as this: : See: "Kill the Infidels, Surah 9:5" I have not found such a vile and outrageous sentiment within the bible, frankly.

You cannot say you are "more Christian than Christians themselves!" if you continue to claim that these bizzarre ,ancient, mythical and historic but pagan and vile practices really are of value and importance, and are simply not just thoughtless, rote-parrotting of what your manipulative Allahs and Imams tell you to think, do and act out.

Do you even think about these obligatory mandates, and do you EVER challenge them and thereby come to your own independent ideas about it?

No.

If your beloved and cherished but imprisoned and felonious Imam (The Egyptian-born preacher, Abu Hamza al-Masri, in a New York jail for the rest of his life for his thoughtlessly violent ideas...) told you to attack some innocent Christian, Buddhist, Atheist or Wiccan people simply because he says they are sinners and infidels in the ignorant and uneducated eyes of Allah and the average Muslim in the street, what would you do?

Your so called advanced education system is vile and limiting (). You know, where your innocent, young and mentally naivé children are forced to memorize and endlessly rote-chant sections out of the Qu'Ran under threat of dire punishment? What exactly would they then obediently do without even blinking an eye?

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.45679...77031&pid=15.1

Right. You do all exactly as you are told to do, typical of those of the bee-hive mentality of the utterly obedient Islamic faith. Else, you people would surely take action to stop the fanatical fringe that do show up in your mosques to recruit you into acts of utter and vicious terror against the innocent people of this world. Except you don't think that non-Muslims are innocent, do you?.

Fetch. Sit. Beg. Roll over. Pray. Kill. Attack. Don't Think.

Blah blah blah blah.

What an absurd and pointless post, other than it shows how little you desire to honestly consider what the manipulative management hierarchy of your cult religion are doing to your individuality!

(I'm also very sure that, given the possibility of identifying me, many within your sect would happily come on over and hack my head off. And then post it on YouTube. Sorry: won't be happening.)

Islam grows more quickly than Christianity simply because those countries where it is predominant are also dominated by vast illiteracy (you'll probably have to look that word up, and by doing so you'll make my point!). As well, there is essentually no effective birth control on many of these Islamic countries, and so your populations grow like that of uncontrolled rodents.

See what has happend to the Scandinavian countries because of an uncontrolled immigration by once-(mistakenly, obviously...) trusted Muslims, who now threaten all of Europe's peace and continuity? And the predictable decision of those once-peaceful Scandinavian leaders, in their frustrated but final decisions to remove many of the newer mosques and not allow any more to be built, nor any more Muslims to be allowed into the country. Ditto for Canada, S. Africa and many other countries who have seen the true growth of evil and disruption that Islam brings..

Frankly, I forsee another future Great Crusades event. It's inevitable, given what we're seeing in Africa, Madagascar, S. America, S. Asia, Pakistan, Afghanistan and so on. Except that we educated free-thinkers, who simply wish to be left to our own own beliefs and behaviors, will surely have to bring along some suitable fissile materials to "manage" the huge hostile and unethical swarming mass populations of Islamic sheeple-warriors who are just obeying their beloved Allah. Allahu Akbar, eh?

Sound like fun to you, Subhannallah?

Allah is Most Great” is a great declaration, and “All Praise is for Allah” is to be recited abundantly,

while “Glory be to Allah” is to be recited day and night.

There is no god but Allah. We worship none else but Him only,

in the religion that is sincerely and exclusively to serve Him,

[b]even if the non-believers dislike it.[/B]

Last edited by rifleman; 11-04-2012 at 10:29 PM..

Old 07-23-2015, 09:12 AM

1 posts, read 372 times
Any fast growing population is usually due to a high birth rate. Statistically, high birth rates are a direct result of women being poorly educated. As many religions do not see girls' and women's education as important, this is one reason for the increase in adherents. Additionally, if the punishment for lleaving one's religion is death, the actual number of adherents to the faith group becomes somewhat difficult to ascertain as apostates are not likely to advertise their apostasy.

Old 07-23-2015, 01:41 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,274,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritasvinci View Post
Any fast growing population is usually due to a high birth rate. Statistically, high birth rates are a direct result of women being poorly educated. As many religions do not see girls' and women's education as important, this is one reason for the increase in adherents. Additionally, if the punishment for lleaving one's religion is death, the actual number of adherents to the faith group becomes somewhat difficult to ascertain as apostates are not likely to advertise their apostasy.
While the First Muslims since the Qur'an was revealed were Arabs it seems most Muslims should be Arab if Birth Rate is the primary cause of growth. But, Arabs are the smallest ethnic group of Muslims.

One of the fastest growing groups of Muslims world wide are the Hui in China, which by Chinese law are limited to one child per family.

While many point to higher birth rate as the primary cause what is over looked is the rate of reverts from Christianity to Islam. Nearly all Reverts to Islam come from Christianity.

This has a compound effect on the world Christian/Muslim Ratio

Quote:
Meanwhile, religious switching, which is expected to hinder the growth of some other religious groups, is not expected to have a negative net impact on Muslims. By contrast, between 2010 and 2050, Christianity is projected to have a net loss of more than 60 million adherents worldwide through religious switching.
Why Muslims are the world’s fastest-growing religious group | Pew Research Center

This gives an effective gain of 120 million to the Muslim over Christian ratio.

It seems Christianity is fast becoming the entry point to Islam. The more a Christian studies Christianity the higher the probability he will accept Islam. (Just my observation,) based almost completely on the fact that nearly all Muslims I know in person, were formerly devout Christians.

While it is inconclusivee as to why USA Christians convert to Islam there are interesting findings.

Quote:

What is motivating people to turn to Islam? A recent article in Christianity Today (Aug 20,1990) reported that in the U.S., the average age of those converting to Islam (31) is about twice that for conversion to Christian faith (age 16). It listed 5 main reasons given for becoming Muslim: Islam's doctrine is simple and rational, all believers are equal, it is a "practical" religion, and lacks a priesthood. I read and clipped the article at the time, but when I recently pulled it out to re-read it, it struck me that those "reasons" merely parrot the arguments Muslim apologists use to propagate Islam. On reflection, I would say that all that they show is that Muslim apologetics is having some effect, but these are not necessarily what is motivating Americans to become Muslim.

An American Muslim interviewed in a fairly recent book (Neighbors: Muslims in North America. Friendship Press, 1989) gave the following reasons when asked why African-Americans are turning to Islam. I have heard the same things from African-Americans in Philadelphia more than once. First on his list is racism in the church. "The discrimination that we feel makes Islam attractive to us because it's a way of rejecting the culture that will not have us. In sociological terms I think that one of the reasons that many African-Americans go to Islam as opposed to Christianity--and many of us have been raised Christian--is that the people doing these things to us are also Christian." How often does one not hear it said, "America is no more segregated than at eleven o'clock on Sunday mornings." The second reason he gives is, I believe, also important in the conversion of Anglo-Americans. "Another factor--and this is part of what attracted me to Islam--is direction and discipline." Our society is disintegrating for lack of discipline, especially in the city. Through its disciplined life-style, to many people Islam seems to hold out the promise of helping them get their lives back in order again.
Spiritual Life

In every nation where Islam became the majority religion it was not because of invasion or immigration, but because the population converted to Islam. The people or Iraq and Iran are still nearly all Persians. The Majority of Muslims in China are Chinese, virtually all Indonesian Muslims are native Indonesian etc.

When the Western Nations become predominantly Muslim it will not be because of immigration or high birth rate of the immigrants it will be because the majority accepted Islam and reverted.

It has nothing to do with conquest, invasion or force. Just the simple fact that the more a Christian learns about Christianity, the more receptive they become to Islam. Christianity is becoming the first step to Islam. Many of us that are former Christians sincerely believe Islam is what Jesus(a.s.) taught. In other words by accepting Islam, we have become true followers of the teachings of Jesus(a.s.)

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 07-25-2015, 06:44 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,536,502 times
Default Islam creates more problems than not

The New Age movement is also growing, but that doesn't make it right for everyone, or even right.

To be kind, loving, accepting, non-discriminatory, tolerant, and open, WITHOUT ADHERING TO ANY RELIGION, that's the way it should be. Islam, means nothing to me. It is a source of many problems in the world, a source of enormous ignorance, a source of eternal bickering and violence. Any religion which advocates the subjugation of women, violence against non-believers, and a maniacal, obsessive adherence to its principles, is a cancer on the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or