U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 01:00 PM

7,654 posts, read 9,889,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yet you make that claim, and your mind is closed to the fact that what you believe to be truth may indeed be false.
My belief on Babylon did not come from my private interpretation. It came to me years ago when God revealed the meaning of Revelation 18 to me.
God has revealed other things to me in the past, and I have found He never has misled me. God long ago told me my wife was pregnant. My wife was not even aware of her condition. Yet three hours after God told me this, my wife discoverd she was. lGod often reveals the truth to His people. Since the time God revealed who Babylon was to me, many other Christians have come forward and have stated the same thing. My mind is opened to Gods truth, and that truth is a truth this world does not want to hear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 01:05 PM

899 posts, read 1,711,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
And the Bible has no errors
Here's just a few to get you started. Many more can be supplied if required.

You're welcome.

I'm wondering what all of this has to do with the OP.

Old 07-06-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Campbell34Nope.
God does not interfere, because interfering would violate man's free will.
There have been many wars waged by Christians over the interpretation of the Bible.
Claiming that these Christians are not real Christians is saying that Christians make no mistakes, which obviously is not the case.
Christians like the rest of the human race is capable of making (huge) mistakes.
You really don't get it. True Christian are not murders. And Jesus tells us no murder will enter the Kingdom of God. I'm not saying Christians don't make mistakes. Yet Jesus tells us that murder is something more than a simple mistake. Murder reveals the heart of man, and no Christian can be a murder and say he loves God at the same time. If you have a problem with that belief, you will need to take it up with Jesus, because that is what He taught. I don't care how many people call themselves Christians. If they go out and start killing people for the sake of doctrine or land grabbing they are not Christians.

Old 07-06-2008, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider View Post
Here's just a few to get you started. Many more can be supplied if required.

You're welcome.

I'm wondering what all of this has to do with the OP.
Hear is the answer to your links first question. The Bible states that no one has seen God face to face and lived. That is a true statement, and that would have to be the Father, yet the Bible tells us that God exist in three persons. Jesus was the bridge between man and God. And many have seen Jesus . Yet the reference would have to be speaking of God the Father for He is greater than Christ. And Jesus tells us this much. The Father exist in Spirit, Jesus exist in human flesh.

Old 07-06-2008, 01:36 PM

30,883 posts, read 31,769,092 times
Quote:
My belief on Babylon did not come from my private interpretation. It came to me years ago when God revealed the meaning of Revelation 18 to me.
God has revealed other things to me in the past, and I have found He never has misled me. God long ago told me my wife was pregnant. My wife was not even aware of her condition. Yet three hours after God told me this, my wife discoverd she was. lGod often reveals the truth to His people. Since the time God revealed who Babylon was to me, many other Christians have come forward and have stated the same thing. My mind is opened to Gods truth, and that truth is a truth this world does not want to hear.
You know that it is a sign of a serious mental condition when a person sees things and hears voices speaking to him...You may want to get that checked out.

Old 07-06-2008, 01:39 PM

8,567 posts, read 14,805,673 times
Originally Posted by Campbell34
Quote:
If they go out and start killing people for the sake of doctrine or land grabbing they are not Christians.
Yet the Christian church became what it now is because of the killing and the land grabbing.
The Churches could have given the money, land etc all back but this has rarely happened.

Old 07-06-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You know that it is a sign of a serious mental condition when a person sees things and hears voices speaking to him...You may want to get that checked out.
I told my wife she was pregnant before she new of her condition. What I heard, only confirmed my wifes condition. If it was a mental condition, then my wife should of confirmed I was in error. Yet she only confirmed that I was right. For some, the truth must be dismissed at all cost, yet for us who love the truth, we see the power of God.

Old 07-06-2008, 02:02 PM

899 posts, read 1,711,116 times
Quote:
Hear is the answer to your links first question. The Bible states that no one has seen God face to face and lived. That is a true statement, and that would have to be the Father, yet the Bible tells us that God exist in three persons. Jesus was the bridge between man and God. And many have seen Jesus . Yet the reference would have to be speaking of God the Father for He is greater than Christ. And Jesus tells us this much. The Father exist in Spirit, Jesus exist in human flesh.
A personal interpretation?

And the other errors and contradictions?

That's a very sad video clip. One wonders how many of those kiddies witnessed their friends, family, brothers and sisters being killed. So sad.

Old 07-06-2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Campbell34Yet the Christian church became what it now is because of the killing and the land grabbing.
The Churches could have given the money, land etc all back but this has rarely happened.
Which Christian church are you talking about? There are many. And as I said, just because someone calls themselves Christian, that does not make them one. And I know a number of Christians that have been giving their money all over the place to many causes. One person I know has just built a hospital in Africa to help aids patients. And this kind of work is going on all the time, all over the world.

Old 07-06-2008, 02:29 PM

8,567 posts, read 14,805,673 times
Originally Posted by Campbell34
Quote:
And as I said, just because someone calls themselves Christian, that does not make them one. And I know a number of Christians that have been giving their money all over the place to many causes.
This is all fine and all, but when do the American Christians give the Native Americans their land back?
Quote:
One person I know has just built a hospital in Africa to help aids patients.
Not that this is not admirable, but when do Christians share the wealth equally around the world?
Giving big donations is a great tax write off, but it is the same as carrying water to the sea.
Many wealthy Christians (all over the world, so not just in America) are in direct competition with the poor farmers in 3rd world countries.
Unless we solve these kind of (world) problems no Christian can call himself a true Christian, simply because we all are taking advantage of the poor (even if it only is by proxy).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam