U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 03:02 PM

7,654 posts, read 9,936,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Campbell34 This is all fine and all, but when do the American Christians give the Native Americans their land back?
Not that this is not admirable, but when do Christians share the wealth equally around the world?
Giving big donations is a great tax write off, but it is the same as carrying water to the sea.
Many wealthy Christians (all over the world, so not just in America) are in direct competition with the poor farmers in 3rd world countries.
Unless we solve these kind of (world) problems no Christian can call himself a true Christian, simply because we all are taking advantage of the poor (even if it only is by proxy).
I think they will get their land back as soon as the Native Americans promise to give their returned land back to the mound builders that they stole it from.
If it were not for those wealthy Christians, many around the would would starve to death. And I have friends who are not only giving of their money, but they themselves have gone over seas to those third world nations and have dedicated their entire lives to helping the poor. A true Christian is one who gives their life to Christ, and it is God who directs their actions, not the other way around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider View Post
A personal interpretation?

And the other errors and contradictions?

That's a very sad video clip. One wonders how many of those kiddies witnessed their friends, family, brothers and sisters being killed. So sad.
The Bible states that God exist in three persons.
Jesus said the Father is greater than Him.
That's what the Bible states, this is not a personal interpretation.

If you have a special error or contradiction why don't you state it for your self rather than go to your latest atheist web site? Of course you might have to put on your thinking cap.

Old 07-06-2008, 03:35 PM

899 posts, read 1,717,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
If you have a special error or contradiction why don't you state it for your self rather than go to your latest atheist web site? Of course you might have to put on your thinking cap.
Oh, so that it has it all wrong, yes?

If so I can present you with a very long list... though I note that you avoided the other contradictions.

I do think for myself of course. What do you think of those poor kids in the OP? Awful isn't it that kids so young witness the killing of their family and friends?

Old 07-07-2008, 01:26 AM

8,567 posts, read 14,859,353 times
Originally Posted by Campbell34
Quote:
I think they will get their land back as soon as the Native Americans promise to give their returned land back to the mound builders that they stole it from.
Right, so you believe once conquered is always conquered?
How disappointing, I had always believed that Christians would only have faith in a just God.

Quote:
If it were not for those wealthy Christians, many around the would would starve to death.
Wrong.
The thing is that we now have more starving people than ever in the history of humankind.
Simply because the world population kept increasing because the rich world donated the barest amount of food to the 3rd world.
The fact is that the rich countries would have nothing to gain and everything to loose if they actually solved poverty and hunger in the poor countries.
It would only strengthen the competition.

Quote:
A true Christian is one who gives their life to Christ, and it is God who directs their actions, not the other way around.
Are you actually claiming that Jesus would turn his back on the poor?

Old 07-07-2008, 02:44 AM

2,255 posts, read 4,911,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Campbell34Right, so you believe once conquered is always conquered?
How disappointing, I had always believed that Christians would only have faith in a just God.

Wrong.
The thing is that we now have more starving people than ever in the history of humankind.
Simply because the world population kept increasing because the rich world donated the barest amount of food to the 3rd world.
The fact is that the rich countries would have nothing to gain and everything to loose if they actually solved poverty and hunger in the poor countries.
It would only strengthen the competition.

Are you actually claiming that Jesus would turn his back on the poor?
Isn't it sad. I think Christiandom's biggest problem is their members own big mouths and lack of belief in their own Holy book. Rather they follow the example and teachings of these various Televangelistic Gurus.

I need to open up some new threads when I get the time

Old 07-07-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider View Post
Oh, so that it has it all wrong, yes?

If so I can present you with a very long list... though I note that you avoided the other contradictions.

I do think for myself of course. What do you think of those poor kids in the OP? Awful isn't it that kids so young witness the killing of their family and friends?
Yes, I have seen these stupid lists before. And there usually put together by those who don't have a clue about the Bible. The Bible is light years beyond them, yet most of their contradictions can easily be refuted. The problem with long lists is, it requires a great deal of effort to respond to each one. So that's why I always say give me your best ones. If you really have any, or have even taken the time to consider one.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:54 AM

7,780 posts, read 13,552,947 times
This one needs to get back on topic or infractions for hijacking could be issued.

Here's the OP once again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gradco2004 View Post

Old 05-15-2009, 01:56 PM

2 posts, read 3,398 times
The main difference between all other religions and Islam is that Islam has as its founder, a violent barbaric paedophile who was probably not adverse to a goat or two when there were no kiddies to fiddle with

Old 05-15-2009, 02:43 PM

3,570 posts, read 7,962,075 times
what a sad video. I watched a few more that popped up and how very awful teaching such young children to kill others. What a horrible way to live.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:34 AM

16 posts, read 8,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Do you honestly believe 1 youtube video is representative of an entire religion?

Seriously..

The teachings of the KKKoran are representative of the religion.

That rag preaches hatred against non-muslims.

Take a look at Verse 7:166. It even uses the verb "hate".

[7.166] Therefore when they revoltingly persisted in what they had been forbidden, We said to them: Be (as) apes, despised and hated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam