U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 03:16 PM

4,669 posts, read 4,096,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider View Post
Well with 10 million Muslims in it (according to the CIA Facts Book) I suppose the USA could be said to be pretty strongly Muslim.

out of 300 million people? No. 10 million is a drop in the bucket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 03:40 PM

4,439 posts, read 8,209,845 times
Lets dissect shall we?

You stated:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
That, and the fact that everywhere in the world where you have a muslim government they don't play nicely with their neighbors.
then you stated
Quote:
My point being is that it's a general statement that wherever you find a muslim country, they don't get along with their neighbors. They just don't play nicely.
So.. first.. it was a fact. Then you got called on it.. and it turned into a "general statement".

Using that bit of information as a preface for your next quote:
Quote:

Muslims are just a violent people. It's just a fact.
We can now assume that your "facts".. are just your opinion based on zero factual evidence..

but lets get back to your other issues:
Quote:
Pakistan and India are examples. The palestines' continued attacks on Israel are another.
Do tell about Pakistan and India. What is your point?

Do you wish to put into context the Palestinian situation starting back to the 1940's up until continued Israeli settlements and how that plays into the situation?

I'm guessing you don't..

but in case you do.. I'll be happy to discuss.

Old 06-09-2009, 03:50 PM

4,669 posts, read 4,096,538 times
Are you suggesting that, generally speaking, islamic governments throughout the world DO get along with their neighbors?

Old 06-09-2009, 04:01 PM

4,085 posts, read 7,675,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradco2004 View Post
That is certainly disturbing. Why can't they raise their children the way Americans do? like this:

YouTube - Brooklyn Funk Swim Wear Event Pageant

The horror of thinking that those Palestinian kids might grow up with such a lack of morals instead of striving to become the next Britney or Michael Jackson is just heathen! Why can't they understand what's REALLY important in life - MONEY, celebrity, sex, etc.??? They're nuts! Not like us! So immoral they are, those heathens! They're not moral and sane, like US!

Old 06-09-2009, 04:09 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,493,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradco2004 View Post
Actually I'm not suprised by seeing this video. Things like this has been going on for a long time, we are just seeing it up close and personal. Children have been taught for many centuries to kill. They are taught and then grow up to become monsters that kill other people. This is only the beginning of what is yet to come.

Things like this shouldn't suprise people because it has been around for along time, and it was said to happen.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:10 PM

4,439 posts, read 8,209,845 times
Quote:
Are you suggesting that, generally speaking, islamic governments throughout the world DO get along with their neighbors?
KD.. I'd just love for you to just state what you believe to be an islamic government and how you define a government as being islamic. Are you filtering by rule of law? Government structure? How?

I'd love to get into these questions.. but again..

you have to state what you believe are the "islamic governments" in the world.

baby steps..

Old 06-09-2009, 04:17 PM

4,085 posts, read 7,675,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider View Post
It's a fact eh?

Okay so, seeing that you are so well up on these things perhaps you might tell us all how many Muslims took an active part in:

World War 1

World War 2

Korea

Vietnam

I'll just leave it at these four wars for starters. But you should do your homework well because I have a huge list for you. Then we'll see how good you really are with 'facts'.
Turkey took part in WWI and WWII. In WWI they killed 2 million Armenians, who are Christians.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:24 PM

19,020 posts, read 25,582,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
Turkey took part in WWI and WWII. In WWI they killed 2 million Armenians, who are Christians.
The ravages of being misinformed/underinformed

Old 06-09-2009, 06:20 PM

899 posts, read 1,711,868 times
Quote:
So, from those four savage wars you only come up with only one participating country with a Muslim majority?

I better not post the list of wars I'm thinking of so.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:27 PM

11,145 posts, read 13,920,955 times
Quote:
That is certainly disturbing. Why can't they raise their children the way Americans do? like this:

YouTube - Brooklyn Funk Swim Wear Event Pageant

The horror of thinking that those Palestinian kids might grow up with such a lack of morals instead of striving to become the next Britney or Michael Jackson is just heathen! Why can't they understand what's REALLY important in life - MONEY, celebrity, sex, etc.??? They're nuts! Not like us! So immoral they are, those heathens! They're not moral and sane, like US!

I feel dirty... yuck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam