U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 08:48 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,300,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
it is very obvious , that they are innocent childern , it isn't cermony at all , it's just show

my openion is that every society have its own culture which influences with what happened for them and around them
what do you think the culture of phalastenians is ?
for me , if i live in country as phalstine , every day someone from my family , friends , nieghbour killed , offcourse i will teach my children how to fight , and i will encourage him to that

anyway you are talking about phalastenians here
for them the terrorists are israil not hamas .
can you look in the subject just one time from others side prespective ?
Actually I do try to always see the 'other sides perspective' in many things. Including Palestine. I agree that they have every right to be angry, every right to fight against an occupation especially when Israel allows (I apologize here, I do not remember what they are called....they are religous jews who go against their own government to take over Palestinian lands) anyways....I do understand the anger and mistrust. I think that I worded my original question wrong.....what I should have asked is how is this type of early training of suicide bombers looked at by other muslims in the Islamic world? For instance, if christians were to see this video except it was christian children practicing for a crusade --- the christian world (with a few exceptions) would consider this an example of extremists and frankly complete nutjobs.
And finally, I wanted to point out that when Americans see this, they do not see boys being trained to fight an occupying Israel. They see boys being trained to hijack planes and blow up buildings in the west. Perhaps its a cultural thing, but right or wrong it is this type of glorification of suicide bombers that makes it all the more harder for Americans and Muslims to have a better understanding of each other.

And I do understand that not all muslims are Palestinians, and not all Palestinians are going to be militant. Do Palestinians know that not all Americans are Christians? That not all Americans support Israel in their occupation of Palestine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 09:33 AM

6,745 posts, read 8,305,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
ozzie, you may have anger at Israel, but would you program your own children to be used as weapons in this manner?
Honestly, It would go beyond anger. It would be rage. But personally, I could not see myself training any child to be a warrior at such a young age. The video looks like propaganda to me.

I think we need to understand the history of what happened to the Palestinians before we judge ALL MUSLIMS based on this video. The world took a big poop on the Palestinians when Israel was given independence. I have a very hard time judging them.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:10 AM

30,931 posts, read 31,824,197 times
Once again ozzie....I am not judging all Muslims. I don't know if the video is propaganda or not, but I do know the extremists teach their children to hate.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:13 AM

10,425 posts, read 44,703,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Do you honestly believe 1 youtube video is representative of an entire religion?

Seriously..
Yes. That is what is presented to us.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:52 AM

4,439 posts, read 8,214,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Honestly.. is this a road you want to go down..

cause if so..

I win.

I mean.. that is the evidence presented.. it must be true.
Attached Thumbnails
Lost for words... Muslim kindergarten graduation ceremony video-i_am_awesome.jpg  

Old 06-23-2008, 11:25 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,041,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I think that I worded my original question wrong.....what I should have asked is how is this type of early training of suicide bombers looked at by other muslims in the Islamic world? For instance, if christians were to see this video except it was christian children practicing for a crusade --- the christian world (with a few exceptions) would consider this an example of extremists and frankly complete nutjobs.
i am sorry also if i misunderstod your point
all i wanna to say that it isn't a training at all , it's very clear that its just a show , are you really think that this is training for jihad ? absolutely not

Quote:
And finally, I wanted to point out that when Americans see this, they do not see boys being trained to fight an occupying Israel. They see boys being trained to hijack planes and blow up buildings in the west. Perhaps its a cultural thing, but right or wrong it is this type of glorification of suicide bombers that makes it all the more harder for Americans and Muslims to have a better understanding of each other.
i agree with you
but please tell them "don't worry" they will not travil to americans to kill them , they should deal with invadors first

but where is the suicide trainning , is it because thier saying "death for the sake of God" ?
this statement dosn't mean to be suicide at all , in arab culture and in islamic culture it means fighting without fear from death , or fight untill the death or whether victory or death , all are the same , it dosn't mean to kill youself or to kill innocents or to kill amrecans

Quote:
And I do understand that not all muslims are Palestinians, and not all Palestinians are going to be militant. Do Palestinians know that not all Americans are Christians? That not all Americans support Israel in their occupation of Palestine?
muslims and phastinians not hate americans people they didn't hate personals at all , relegion of americans also have nothing to do with .
we hate america as a system as a government as a military

and we know off course that not all americans support israil , and we appreciate thier reactions and thier support

salam

Old 06-23-2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Once again ozzie....I am not judging all Muslims. I don't know if the video is propaganda or not, but I do know the extremists teach their children to hate.
Oh, I know you didn't say that.

Agreed. Extremism is bad no matter the race or religion.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:27 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,799,297 times
Extremism is horrible.

However, that video isn't indicative of the 1 billion Muslims around the globe. In fact, 99% would detest it.

See: Jesus Camp.

Are all Christians raising warrior children for Jesus?

Come on, let's all use some common sense. Learn first, talk second.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
And the good people of Germany also believed what was presented to them at one time. Don't believe everything you see and read.

I hope you weren't serious....

Old 06-23-2008, 11:38 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,041,752 times
what subject you people depating here
it's just a show
it isn't training at all , it's very obvious
someone said here that there are photos of americans at the wall !!
it's noraml picture in normal class , the pictures are for children playing in garden
it's very strange to deal with children's show as to be real camp for tiny children
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam