U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 10:23 PM

7,654 posts, read 9,906,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
the peacfull of our relegion dosn't mean for us to be cowards
peacfull of our relegion command us to fight for defence our land also

tell me , what if your country be invaded ? is any christian fight the invadors will be considered sinner or hero ?
Many Islamics incourage their children to murder. Thats why that starp bombs to themselves and set them off in market places. Killing all who is around them. The real God will deal with people like this some day. Islamics who murder the innocent, will have no place in God's Kingdom. Killing innocent woman and children claiming you are defending your land is B.S. It only reveals how deeply evil is rooted in your society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 05:29 AM

3,290 posts, read 5,804,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Many Islamics incourage their children to murder. Thats why that starp bombs to themselves and set them off in market places. Killing all who is around them. The real God will deal with people like this some day. Islamics who murder the innocent, will have no place in God's Kingdom. Killing innocent woman and children claiming you are defending your land is B.S. It only reveals how deeply evil is rooted in your society.
Do you know how ignorant you sound? No, many "Islamics" do not 'incourage (sic)' their children to murder. You're speaking of a population that is 1/6th of the world's population. A very small fraction of people soil their name and their beliefs, just as as a small fraction of Christians have completely soiled the name of Christianity, which has gone to great lengths to defend slavery, murder, witch hunts, and the like. Again, is Jesus Camp an accurate portrayal of American Christian children? If I tell you yes and refuse to listen to a word you say when you rebutt, you can go then go ahead and change my name to Campbell.

P.S. If Islam is evil but Christianity has more blood on its hands throughout history, does that make Christianity MORE evil? Just curious.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:38 AM

51,863 posts, read 29,947,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
You tell me. Common sense should tell you that this is a fundamentalist school and not all Muslims are fundamentalist. Not to mention that Palestinians were kicked out of there own country. I would have some anger at Israel too.
The land of Israel does not belong to the Muslim Arabs/Palestinians , it belongs to the Jews, the descendants of Isaac, not Ishmael, and it was written in the Bible. Some of you might come back with the old addage about Europeans coming to the north American continent and taking it from Native Americans. We didn't, we only wanted to share the vast space, and after years of struggles, Native Americans are content with it.

The video is very disturbing indeed, and it's not surprising to see that sort of stuff in the radical Islamic culture, where it's okay to strap a bomb on your waist, detonate it, and kill innocent people, or hijack jetliners, fly them into buildings, and kill nearly 3000 innocent people, and from what I hear, there were also Muslims that were killed or injured in the World Trade Center.

Last edited by Magnum Mike; 06-24-2008 at 08:53 AM..

Old 06-24-2008, 09:08 AM

4,439 posts, read 8,218,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
We didn't, we only wanted to share the vast space, and after years of struggles, Native Americans are content with it.
I hope my child never learns how to "share" like that.

Seems like your definition of "share" equaqtes to a 2 year old yelling "mine mine mine".

Old 06-24-2008, 09:39 AM

6,745 posts, read 8,309,690 times
Quote:
The land of Israel does not belong to the Muslim Arabs/Palestinians , it belongs to the Jews, the descendants of Isaac, not Ishmael, and it was written in the Bible. Some of you might come back with the old addage about Europeans coming to the north American continent and taking it from Native Americans. We didn't, we only wanted to share the vast space, and after years of struggles, Native Americans are content with it.

The video is very disturbing indeed, and it's not surprising to see that sort of stuff in the radical Islamic culture, where it's okay to strap a bomb on your waist, detonate it, and kill innocent people, or hijack jetliners, fly them into buildings, and kill nearly 3000 innocent people, and from what I hear, there were also Muslims that were killed or injured in the World Trade Center.
But Isarel was sliced up by the UN. A "third party" exiled the Palestinians.

Believe me, I found the video disturbing, but not surprising.

Old 06-24-2008, 05:34 PM

3,290 posts, read 5,804,960 times
Quote:
Some of you might come back with the old addage about Europeans coming to the north American continent and taking it from Native Americans. We didn't, we only wanted to share the vast space, and after years of struggles, Native Americans are content with it.
LOL! Sharing. It was just sharing. And yeah, they were real content with it.

This one's a keeper.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:40 PM

30,925 posts, read 31,845,577 times
I have no idea how the native people in your country feel about this "sharing", but in mine there are natives from the atlantic to the pacific suing the government to get back at least some of the lands and rights that were taken away in the great European invasion...I would hardly say they are content.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:55 PM

3,798 posts, read 6,165,979 times
Quote:
Some of you might come back with the old addage about Europeans coming to the north American continent and taking it from Native Americans. We didn't, we only wanted to share the vast space, and after years of struggles, Native Americans are content with it.

*Gulp*

I have to say I'm a bit speechless. I believe I'd like to come to your house and "share" it with you, but not only will I decide to run you out of it, I will enslave you by putting you into captivity and force you to do as I say, which would include forcing you to walk halfway across the country and put you in a new "land" not of your choosing, where you will be forced to have a new name that I choose for you AND you can work as a slave for a family who decides to buy you, AND you will be seperated from your family. Oh yeah and YOU still get to pay the mortgage for your house that I have claimed to be my own and that I'm now living in. Yeah, sharing... that's an interesting word for it. I'm sure you would be very content with that scenario.

Deep Breaths, count to 10.

Ok rant is over, but you are seriously misinformed of the history of our country if this is your view.

Last edited by moonsavvy; 06-24-2008 at 08:04 PM..

Old 06-24-2008, 08:25 PM

4 posts, read 6,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Do you honestly believe 1 youtube video is representative of an entire religion?

Seriously..
Classifying this merely as "1 youtube video" is misleading. This was a nationally broadcast news clip. This is what people all over Palestine see when they turn on their televisions, and this is far from an isolated incident. A simple youtube search of "Palestinian TV" turns up these results. These were taken from the first page of results, by the way. I didn't need to do any digging for them.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEcaI7zQG3E]YouTube - Palestinian TV: Inciting Children To "Commit a Massacre"[/url]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yynSaBW_Hw]YouTube - Palestinian TV: Leaders call Israel cancer,Satan's offspring[/url]
(this clip is not one single broadcast, this was taken from several different shows.)

The movie "Obsession" is a great film to watch if you want a look at more extremist propaganda throughout the Middle East.

Note, I'm not saying *all* Muslims are extremists. However, Islamic governments throughout the Middle East *do* air this filth, and they *do* pass it as truth. God knows what effect it will have on the children that grow up with it.

EDIT: On the topic of the Native Americans-

Sure, what was done to the Native Americans was not moral. But you need to think about it in its historical context- technologically advanced white Europeans come across this massive, untouched continent, and only a few backwards tribes stand in their way. Slavery and racism are commonplace, even within the Native's tribes. What happened would have occurred even if the roles were reversed, I imagine. That is, if the Native Americans found a massive swath of fertile land with a few cave-dwellers in it.

And God knows that I, as a American Indian (American foremost, always), am *extremely* grateful that the Europeans forced their ways on us. If not, we'd still be hunting with spears. I get government subsidies for college tuition, were I to live on a reservation I would get a check from the government, and I count as a minority, which, thanks to completely unconstitutional affirmative action laws and judicial decisions, actually gives me a better chance of being hired in certain fields. I have absolutely nothing to complain about.

Last edited by Durandal; 06-24-2008 at 08:36 PM.. Reason: Added new information.

Old 06-25-2008, 02:21 AM

7,654 posts, read 9,906,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
Do you know how ignorant you sound? No, many "Islamics" do not 'incourage (sic)' their children to murder. You're speaking of a population that is 1/6th of the world's population. A very small fraction of people soil their name and their beliefs, just as as a small fraction of Christians have completely soiled the name of Christianity, which has gone to great lengths to defend slavery, murder, witch hunts, and the like. Again, is Jesus Camp an accurate portrayal of American Christian children? If I tell you yes and refuse to listen to a word you say when you rebutt, you can go then go ahead and change my name to Campbell.

P.S. If Islam is evil but Christianity has more blood on its hands throughout history, does that make Christianity MORE evil? Just curious.
Today an Islamic person killed three more Americans in Iraq when they set off their bomb belt. This is going on all the time, and I don't see Jews or Christians doing this sort of thing, just Islamics. They think they will now go to heaven with the blessing of Allah. And if you are talking about the Crusades when speaking of Christians having more blood on their hands. I will remind you that the Crusades were started after the Moslems first murdered half of the Christians in Asia and burned to the ground 3,000 Christian churches. It's your religion of peace that started the war. It may be a small fraction of Moslems, but when you have a billion or more people who believe like this, a small fraction can do a lot of harm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam