Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 09:40 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,969,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
thank you for the link
but please i wanna unbiased , historical , authorized sources , which i can accept
you said
I will remind you that the Crusades were started after the Moslems first murdered half of the Christians in Asia and burned to the ground 3,000 Christian churches. It's your religion of peace that started the war.

when muslims did that ?, what is your sources for this information? , is there anyname for this event which i can google it for details , i realy never heared about that muslims murdered half of the christians in asia and burned christian churches

thank you for your time
salam
Muslim conquests can be viewed on the link below, it is a matter of historical record.

Muslim conquests - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
Please provide sources in conjunction with your many statements. It would be very helpful in responding to much of your undying ability to pass over everything we say. Please review my post, read it 4 times if necessary, and if you're still willing to shut yourself off to all things not altruism, then you're intellectually dishonest.

If you're not going to respond to posts, it might be best not to respond at all. Thanks.
Human rights in Saddam Hussein's Iraq

Human rights in Saddam Hussein's Iraq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-28-2008, 02:00 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The point of the matter is, Iraq is better off without them.
You say this given your extensive Iraqi upbring of course.. right?

Quote:
And having freedom will give their nation for the first time a choice in the direction they really want to go.
Careful what you wish for.. Saddam was very secular. You might just get overly religious muslim nation. I have no problem with that.. but based on your comments you might.

Quote:
Perhaps you believe Iraq and the world was better off with a madman. I don't.
Actually.. from one perspective I do. With Saddam you knew what you had. Now.. we have no idea what we have or what will emerge when we leave.

All your examples are true. Saddam was a horrible person. I guess I'm not sure which hurts worse though.. being dropped off a building or having a 1,000 ton bomb dropped on my house. Hard to tell I guess. Unfortunately in either case the outcome is the same so we don't really have anyone to reference.

Old 06-29-2008, 04:38 AM

125 posts, read 284,910 times
Quote:
Muslim conquests can be viewed on the link below, it is a matter of historical record.
Quote:
Can you tell where in this article saying that moslims killed half of christians or burned their churches (though i do not see that a wikipedia article is a reliable source)

You insist on this lie that you believe, this is ridiculous. (no offence)

I replied to you before, clarifying to you that is lie. These lies were said by the crusaders leaders to collect more ignorant christians to their blood shed. (no offence)

http://www.city-data.com/forum/3444930-post240.html

Last edited by mahmoud mrt; 06-29-2008 at 05:20 AM..

Old 06-29-2008, 05:05 AM

125 posts, read 284,910 times
As it was mentioned, To explain how the Islamic empire was extended:

Islam gives the right for moslims to fight foreign armies for specific reasons:

1) The foreign country attacked the moslim country (Like the eastern roman empire first raised armies against the moslim country since the prophet "pbuh" time).

2) The moslims who invite others to Islam are killed or imprisoned, also anyone who convert to be a moslim is killed or imprisoned.

And since all the countries in this historical middle ages were not allowing any new religions to be presented or accept any conversion to Islam, So this was the norm.

The armies were organized and knew very well that they are not allowed to kill any civilian or harm priests or churches,etc.

Non moslims men pay a small tax called (Jezya) if they can afford it, while moslims pay the Islamic tax (Zakat), they are both equal citizens and have the same rights as moslims with the known rule (lahm ma lana wa alihom ma alina) "they have the same rights as us and same duties as us". They are not entered into moslims armies, which make them even have more rights than moslims. If a non moslim is poor and cannot afford living he has the right to have money from the moslim government so as to live.

In Egypt it took about 400 years for moslims to reach 90%, by free will conversion, marriage, migration, etc. The same for other regions, it took decades for moslim population to reach majority.

If you look at countries like Indonesia and Malaysia, no single moslim arabian army was there, they converted to Islam due to the good morals of moslim traders who invited them to Islam.

Last edited by mahmoud mrt; 06-29-2008 at 05:53 AM..

Old 06-29-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahmoud mrt View Post
As it was mentioned, To explain how the Islamic empire was extended:

Islam gives the right for moslims to fight foreign armies for specific reasons:

1) The foreign country attacked the moslim country (Like the eastern roman empire first raised armies against the moslim country since the prophet "pbuh" time).

2) The moslims who invite others to Islam are killed or imprisoned, also anyone who convert to be a moslim is killed or imprisoned.

And since all the countries in this historical middle ages were not allowing any new religions to be presented or accept any conversion to Islam, So this was the norm.

The armies were organized and knew very well that they are not allowed to kill any civilian or harm priests or churches,etc.

Non moslims men pay a small tax called (Jezya) if they can afford it, while moslims pay the Islamic tax (Zakat), they are both equal citizens and have the same rights as moslims with the known rule (lahm ma lana wa alihom ma alina) "they have the same rights as us and same duties as us". They are not entered into moslims armies, which make them even have more rights than moslims. If a non moslim is poor and cannot afford living he has the right to have money from the moslim government so as to live.

In Egypt it took about 400 years for moslims to reach 90%, by free will conversion, marriage, migration, etc. The same for other regions, it took decades for moslim population to reach majority.

If you look at countries like Indonesia and Malaysia, no single moslim arabian army was there, they converted to Islam due to the good morals of moslim traders who invited them to Islam.
Moslims today are killing all over the world from Indonesia, to Africa, to the Middle East. Christians are having their churches burned down so often that it is becoming common place. It appears Moslims can find any reason to do this, and some how feel justified.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:25 PM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,752 times
Quote:
Moslims today are killing all over the world from Indonesia, to Africa, to the Middle East. Christians are having their churches burned down so often that it is becoming common place. It appears Moslims can find any reason to do this, and some how feel justified.
christians and jews also are killing all over the world in arab countries , and muslims are having thier mosques desrtroyed over them

anyway i hope for you to find for me specific examples and reasons of violence in this regions , so we can find out if muslims theire have any reasons to do this

Old 06-30-2008, 03:45 PM

713 posts, read 1,957,305 times
Quote:
christians and jews also are killing all over the world in arab countries , and muslims are having thier mosques desrtroyed over them

anyway i hope for you to find for me specific examples and reasons of violence in this regions , so we can find out if muslims theire have any reasons to do this

Murdering and Christian is a contradiction.

Jesus said no murderer will enter Heaven.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:37 PM

2 posts, read 4,206 times
Name of God the Merciful

I am happy that this is my first participation in this forum and drew my attention this participation
And wanted to give you my point of view of the subject because I live in Gaza in Palestine

You are sentenced to these terrorists and extremists and Islamists without research into the causes for these children to these presentations

What do you want from the people expelled from their land?
What do you want to kill people and smothered every day ?
But you can see crimes against children in Palestine
Did not interrupt electricity Israelis from Gaza
These children lived without parents because Israel killed
How do you want them to think peace with Israel and their lives worse than animals

Forgive me if there were words and put inappropriate because of translation

Thank you

Last edited by Palestinian; 06-30-2008 at 10:25 PM..

Old 06-30-2008, 09:58 PM

Quote:

Please show me where Christians and Jews are going out of their way to burn down Mosques. I can assure you, it is Moslems that are leading the charge here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam