U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 10:54 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,040,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperStar34 View Post
Murdering and Christian is a contradiction.

Jesus said no murderer will enter Heaven.
the same in islam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Please show me where Christians and Jews are going out of their way to burn down Mosques. I can assure you, it is Moslems that are leading the charge here.
do you know about massacre of muslims in
phalastine , Bosna , Kosova , kashmir , Chechnya , Gujarat Pogrom(india)?

do you know what happens with Iraq prisoners and Guantanamo prisoners , and war crimes of americans agianst muslims?

do you know how many civilians muslims killed in afghanistan wars ?

Old 07-01-2008, 02:14 AM

7,654 posts, read 9,894,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
do you know about massacre of muslims in
phalastine , Bosna , Kosova , kashmir , Chechnya , Gujarat Pogrom(india)?

do you know what happens with Iraq prisoners and Guantanamo prisoners , and war crimes of americans agianst muslims?

do you know how many civilians muslims killed in afghanistan wars ?
First of all Bosna, and Kosova were not wars that were led by born again Christians. And please don't look at America as if it were some great Christian nation. Were not. We have a lot of Christian living in America, yet the Bible tells us that God is going to destroy America because of all of her sins. So America is not a Christian nation, far from it. I will say that America went to Afghanistan because that is where are enimies had their camps, and I would point out our enemy in Afghanistan first attacked us. They blew up the Cole, they destroyed to American Embassies in Africa, they killed 3,000 Americans in the World Trade Center, ect. Enought is enought. America did not go to Afghanistan to attack the Moslem faith. We went there to defend ourselves from Moslem murders who first attacked us. And it is these same kinds of Moslems we see burning down Christian churches all around the world.

Old 07-01-2008, 03:23 AM

Quote:
First of all Bosna, and Kosova were not wars that were led by born again Christians. And please don't look at America as if it were some great Christian nation. Were not. We have a lot of Christian living in America, yet the Bible tells us that God is going to destroy America because of all of her sins. So America is not a Christian nation, far from it. I will say that America went to Afghanistan because that is where are enimies had their camps, and I would point out our enemy in Afghanistan first attacked us. They blew up the Cole, they destroyed to American Embassies in Africa, they killed 3,000 Americans in the World Trade Center, ect. Enought is enought. America did not go to Afghanistan to attack the Moslem faith. We went there to defend ourselves from Moslem murders who first attacked us. And it is these same kinds of Moslems we see burning down Christian churches all around the world.
why you can't deal with islam relegion by the same logic you deal with to defend crimes of christians ?

Old 07-01-2008, 04:27 AM

125 posts, read 263,493 times
Quote:
Moslims today are killing all over the world from Indonesia, to Africa, to the Middle East. Christians are having their churches burned down so often that it is becoming common place. It appears Moslims can find any reason to do this, and some how feel justified.

Now again generalizing, putting wrong statements, it seems it's your style. (no offence)

I live in the middle east, churches here are everywhere, many of them besides mosques, no one is attacking them, we have more than 10% christians, while churches are extra numbered.

Christians are living very peacefully here.

The only incident of clash i can recall now here is when a christian church published a play insulting the prophet (pbuh), here some clashes happened in this specific place, but the church was not burned, it's a single incident, and both some moslims and some christians were hurt then, the church and the mosque are still beside each other.

Saying that killing is the norm, forgive me it's a lie again, what norm?!! it seems you talking about another planet, you have in the west more murder and crime rates than the moslim world.

Stop generalizing and putting stereotype statements.

Last edited by mahmoud mrt; 07-01-2008 at 05:42 AM..

Old 07-01-2008, 10:02 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,294,326 times
With all due respect, Mahmoud Mrt...you cannot ignore the kidnappings and murders of christians in Iraq, most notably the chaldean archbishop of mosul Faraj Rahho. Bad things are happening in the names of all religions --- including your own.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
With all due respect, Mahmoud Mrt...you cannot ignore the kidnappings and murders of christians in Iraq, most notably the chaldean archbishop of mosul Faraj Rahho. Bad things are happening in the names of all religions --- including your own.
but i didn't hear about murders of christians in iraq under saddam's rule , why ?

Old 07-01-2008, 12:42 PM

Quote:
but i didn't hear about murders of christians in iraq under saddam's rule , why ?
Clearly the situation there is in flux, and dangerous to everyone.
It is clear also that the sunnis and shiites (both muslims, right?) are in something of a civil war and are killing each other off in horrible ways.......so Islam is not immune to people perverting its message of peace (which I do believe is its original and core intent) into something murderous and evil.

Just like christianity. That is the only thing I am pointing out.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Clearly the situation there is in flux, and dangerous to everyone.
It is clear also that the sunnis and shiites (both muslims, right?) are in something of a civil war and are killing each other off in horrible ways.......so Islam is not immune to people perverting its message of peace (which I do believe is its original and core intent) into something murderous and evil.

Just like christianity. That is the only thing I am pointing out.
i'm afraid that may be i don't understand your view completely
but i didn't condemn any relegion according to some political events or according to behaviours which not acceptable by scholars of this relegion

civil wars between sunni and Shiits are unacceptable by the muslims over the world , i think that they must to be unite and resist the american invaders

Old 07-01-2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:
i'm afraid that may be i don't understand your view completely
but i didn't condemn any relegion according to some political events or according to behaviours which not acceptable by scholars of this relegion

civil wars between sunni and Shiits are unacceptable by the muslims over the world , i think that they must to be unite and resist the american invaders

My point was that it is impossible for any one religion to claim moral superiority when it comes to violence. After all, one mans holy war is another mans persecution, no? And that is what I see on this thread....we are the good guys, you guys did all the killing blah blah blah. All religions have killed in the name of god at some point or another. It doesn't make any of them right in doing so, however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam