U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-01-2008, 01:58 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,924 posts, read 31,841,828 times
Reputation: 12664

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
i'm afraid that may be i don't understand your view completely
but i didn't condemn any relegion according to some political events or according to behaviours which not acceptable by scholars of this relegion

civil wars between sunni and Shiits are unacceptable by the muslims over the world , i think that they must to be unite and resist the american invaders
If Sunnis and Shiites united and stopped slaughtering each other there would be no need to resist the American "invaders", as they could and I'm sure would all go home. I'm sure the US would like nothing better, but sadly the killing just goes on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-01-2008, 11:10 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,906,136 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
why you can't deal with islam relegion by the same logic you deal with to defend crimes of christians ?
I can deal with the religion of Islam, and it is because of the Islam religion, and it's teachings that many people are being murdered. It is the Islam religion in many Islamic countries that put people to death if they convert to the Christian faith. Your religion is not a religion of peace or free will. It is believe as we do or die. Christians do not kill people if they leave their faith, in the Islamic faith they do. That is the simple truth.

Commentary: Pakistan: Christian Woman Beaten, Jailed For Defending The Cross - The Post Chronicle (http://www.postchronicle.com/commentary/printer_21214627.shtml - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2008, 02:57 AM
 
Location: egypt
1,215 posts, read 2,042,446 times
Reputation: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I can deal with the religion of Islam, and it is because of the Islam religion, and it's teachings that many people are being murdered.
how many people are being murdered because of teaching of islam ? what is this teaching exatly ? from musims sources please
are they more than the people being killed in Iraq , phalastine , shishan and kashmeer....,etc

Quote:
It is the Islam religion in many Islamic countries that put people to death if they convert to the Christian faith. Your religion is not a religion of peace or free will.
count for me these countries , please ? with sources

Quote:
It is believe as we do or die. Christians do not kill people if they leave their faith, in the Islamic faith they do. That is the simple truth.
well, open my eyes on the truth
i live in arab muslims countries , and we not killing who leaves his faith

islam is exist since 1500 years , how many of people killed because of thier apostates ?


after all , how you dial with massacre of non christian by catholic church of vatican?[SIZE=2]

[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2008, 03:33 AM
 
Location: The Netherlands
8,567 posts, read 14,823,974 times
Reputation: 1573
Originally Posted by Campbell34
Quote:
It is the Islam religion in many Islamic countries that put people to death if they convert to the Christian faith.
Are you really claiming that Christianity is a tolerant religion?
Quote:
I can deal with the religion of Islam, and it is because of the Islam religion, and it's teachings that many people are being murdered.
If this is true explain to me how come the majority of the crimes being committed are done by Christians?
Or is your rational justification that Christians do not commit crimes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2008, 03:40 AM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,906,136 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
how many people are being murdered because of teaching of islam ? what is this teaching exatly ? from musims sources please
are they more than the people being killed in Iraq , phalastine , shishan and kashmeer....,etc


count for me these countries , please ? with sources


well, open my eyes on the truth
i live in arab muslims countries , and we not killing who leaves his faith

islam is exist since 1500 years , how many of people killed because of thier apostates ?


after all , how you dial with massacre of non christian by catholic church of vatican?[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
Muslim Apostasy: When Silence Isn't Golden (Daveed Gartenstein-Ross) (http://daveedgr.com/publications/internet-journals/muslim-apostasy-when-silence-i/ - broken link)
MB Herald: August 11, 2000: Former Muslim on trial (http://old.mbherald.com/39-15/news-9.html - broken link)
Death for Apostasy in Islam
Apostasy Bill Calls for Death to Converts from Islam - Christian Newswire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2008, 03:47 AM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,906,136 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Campbell34 Are you really claiming that Christianity is a tolerant religion?
If this is true explain to me how come the majority of the crimes being committed are done by Christians?
Or is your rational justification that Christians do not commit crimes?
Christians who are christians are tolerant, could you give me some examples of non tolerant Christians?

And could you give me examples of the majority of crimes being commited by Christians?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2008, 04:28 AM
 
Location: The Netherlands
8,567 posts, read 14,823,974 times
Reputation: 1573
Originally Posted by Campbell34
Quote:
Christians who are christians are tolerant, could you give me some examples of non tolerant Christians?
Irish Protestants and Catholics barely tolerate each other. Not too long ago they didn't tolerate each other at all.
They still live separately in their own neighbourhoods.

Quote:
And could you give me examples of the majority of crimes being commited by Christians?
Do priests committing sex crimes ring any bells? And the Catholic church trying to hide this fact from the public?
Or are you saying that Catholics aren't true Christians?
Concerning other crimes I'd suggest you research the prison population in America yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2008, 07:38 AM
 
2 posts, read 3,780 times
Reputation: 12
Default If the Christian religion of peace, why kill Muslims؟؟

Islam is a religion of tolerance and thus God ordered us to the Prophet Mohammed

You want to be killed, massacred and driven from their homes and do not thing

Indeed, it is incumbent on us to defend

We are trapped like animals in Gaza
And that they are encircling the Jews and Christians, why

We kill innocent people every day
If we have a response to the killing terrorism charges

How do you say that the Christian religion of peace and America have killed more than a million Iraqis
Is this the peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2008, 08:38 AM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,304,024 times
Reputation: 2880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palestinian View Post
Islam is a religion of tolerance and thus God ordered us to the Prophet Mohammed

You want to be killed, massacred and driven from their homes and do not thing

Indeed, it is incumbent on us to defend

We are trapped like animals in Gaza
And that they are encircling the Jews and Christians, why

We kill innocent people every day
If we have a response to the killing terrorism charges

How do you say that the Christian religion of peace and America have killed more than a million Iraqis
Is this the peace

Not to take this offtopic, but I was hoping that you could give me a Palestinian perspective....
On the news we hear of truces and peace talks that begin between Palestine and the Israelis that are then cut off when Hamas either fires a missile or sends in a suicide bomber to Israel. Why would Hamas do this? Why would the Palestinians do this? Isn't this counterproductive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2008, 08:56 AM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,924 posts, read 31,841,828 times
Reputation: 12664
palestinian...You say that Christians have killed more than a million Iraqis..I doubt that, because what I see is Shiites and Sunnis killing each other.

Things like the news article I posted below do not garner sympathy for your cause.



A Palestinian man has killed at least three people and wounded 30 more after he rammed a bulldozer into a bus and cars in central Jerusalem before being shot dead, medics and police said.

Al Jazeera English - Middle East - Deaths in Israel bulldozer attack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top