Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 05:17 AM

896 posts, read 1,862,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallego4802 View Post
The teachings of the KKKoran are representative of the religion.

That rag preaches hatred against non-muslims.

Take a look at Verse 7:166. It even uses the verb "hate".

[7.166] Therefore when they revoltingly persisted in what they had been forbidden, We said to them: Be (as) apes, despised and hated.
So would it be fair to judge you by all it says in the bible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 06:41 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,681,234 times
Wow. That's a depressing video.

Reminds me of the movie "Jesus Camp", where well-meaning evangelicals somewhere in the South dress children up in military garb and they do a warrior dance very simliar to that as the adults scream "WAR!".

Extremists of all religions share a common lust for blood in their misguided belief that they have all the answers.

Last edited by Bluefly; 06-09-2009 at 06:49 AM..

Old 06-09-2009, 06:49 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,054,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Do you honestly believe 1 youtube video is representative of an entire religion?

Seriously..

1? No. But do some research. There are plenty of others out there like this. Glenn Beck did an expose on islam about 2 years ago. He showed several videos of palestinian children referring to Jews as "pigs" and saying they wanted to kill them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Wow. That's a depressing video.

Reminds me of the movie "Jesus Camp", where well-meaning evangelicals somewhere in the South dress children up in military garb and they do a warrior dance very simliar to that as the adults scream "WAR!".

The extremists of all religions must be stopped.

weak. The kids at the Jesus Camp weren't being taught that it was a good thing to die while killing infidels, or to strap bombs to their chests.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
1? No. But do some research. There are plenty of others out there like this. Glenn Beck did an expose on islam about 2 years ago. He showed several videos of palestinian children referring to Jews as "pigs" and saying they wanted to kill them.
Interestingly, people not of a fundamentalist belief were just called "dogs" and "swine" on this very forum. Of course people were quoting the Bible when they did it, so that means God is calling these people "dogs" and "swine", so it's okay ....

Your faith is just as guilty, kdbrich. Time to wake up.

Quote:
weak. The kids at the Jesus Camp weren't being taught that it was a good thing to die while killing infidels, or to strap bombs to their chests.
Do you defend your faith at all costs?

As has been stated many times, while Christian fundamentalists have not reached the level of violence Islamic fundamentalists have, they share the same core values - waging war, us versus them, we are the chosen few and you are all condemned by God....

Whether one is waging a war with words or weapons, it is still an act of violence. And when adults dress little Christian children up in military garb and paint their faces while screaming "WAR!" you are sending the precisely same message as the children in that video.

I see no fundamental difference, and certainly no semblance of the Prince of Peace.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:47 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,054,865 times
Quote:
Well as long as Glenn Beck is on the investigative reporting case that should shore things up.. since he himself said he isn't a journalist.

but I do like the fact that you equate "several" videos to be representative of an entire faith...

you really sure you want to go down that road? Really? Do you have any clue at all what that road might look like with regards to your faith?

Also.. why did I know that Glenn Beck, "prophet of the wingnuttery", would somehow be brought into the discussion..

Old 06-09-2009, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe View Post
can you really blame them??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Interestingly, people not of a fundamentalist belief were just called "dogs" and "swine" on this very forum. Of course people were quoting the Bible when they did it, so that means God is calling these people "dogs" and "swine", so it's okay ....

Your faith is just as guilty, kdbrich. Time to wake up.

I've never been to a church service or a Sunday school class and witnessed such behavior.
Quote:

Do you defend your faith at all costs?
Of course not. Christianity is not about violence.
Quote:
As has been stated many times, while Christian fundamentalists have not reached the level of violence Islamic fundamentalists have, they share the same core values - waging war, us versus them, we are the chosen few and you are all condemned by God....

Whether one is waging a war with words or weapons, it is still an act of violence. And when adults dress little Christian children up in military garb and paint their faces while screaming "WAR!" you are sending the precisely same message as the children in that video.

I see no fundamental difference, and certainly no semblance of the Prince of Peace.
Christianity is non-violent. Islam is very violent. Big difference.

Quote:
Well as long as Glenn Beck is on the investigative reporting case that should shore things up.. since he himself said he isn't a journalist.
But he did produce a rather informative documentary on it.
Quote:
but I do like the fact that you equate "several" videos to be representative of an entire faith...
As more and more of them come out you start to realize there is an epidemic.

That, and the fact that everywhere in the world where you have a muslim government they don't play nicely with their neighbors.
Quote:
you really sure you want to go down that road? Really? Do you have any clue at all what that road might look like with regards to your faith?

Also.. why did I know that Glenn Beck, "prophet of the wingnuttery", would somehow be brought into the discussion..

Hate the man...but don't hate the truth he presented.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:22 AM

16 posts, read 10,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider View Post
So would it be fair to judge you by all it says in the bible?

More cultural and religious relatavism? I would have expected something more original.

(1) Where have I said anything about the bible? Whatever makes you think that I believe it?

(2) Upon whom have I passed judgment? Making a judgment upon a religion's teachings does not constitute a personal judgment.

I have merely pointed out that this allah guy says nasty things about us non-believers. I don't have to like it, and I can say that I don't like it.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:00 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,054,865 times
Quote:
But he did produce a rather informative documentary on it.
I'm sure it was informative. Truthful.. thats probably another matter.

Quote:
As more and more of them come out you start to realize there is an epidemic.
Yes. An epidemic.. thats the word..

Quote:
That, and the fact that everywhere in the world where you have a muslim government they don't play nicely with their neighbors.
Name the muslim governments and lets discuss. I think this would be a fantastic point to discuss as you've already done some research.

Quote:
Hate the man...but don't hate the truth he presented.
So I can post videos of Fred Phelps and characterize all Christians as being like that.

Remember kdbrich.. hate me.. but don't hate the truth I can present..

Old 06-09-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
I'm sure it was informative. Truthful.. thats probably another matter.
The videos speak for themselves.

Quote:

Yes. An epidemic.. thats the word..

Glad you agree.
Quote:

Name the muslim governments and lets discuss. I think this would be a fantastic point to discuss as you've already done some research.

Give me an example of a peaceful islamic government.

Quote:

So I can post videos of Fred Phelps and characterize all Christians as being like that.
Freddie is one example of a guy who claims to be Christian but is almost universally denounced by Christians. Funny...but you really can't say the same for the violent muslims.
Quote:
Remember kdbrich.. hate me.. but don't hate the truth I can present..
I don't hate you. I'm still waiting for the truth though....

Old 06-09-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
I've never been to a church service or a Sunday school class and witnessed such behavior.
And many Muslims have never witnessed 5 year olds declaring Jihad.

Quote:
Of course not. Christianity is not about violence.
Hahahahhaahahahhahahahhahahahahahaa. You are a funny one.

More people have been killed in the name of Christ than for any other reason in the history of humanity.

I am certainly a Christian, but one need only go to a Sarah Palin rally or talk to a victim of priest child abuse to see that the spirit of hatred is alive and well in certain sects.

You can't condemn nor defend any faith as broadly as you do, kdbrich.

I don't defend any of this violent stuff nor do I condemn all Christians as part of their own brand of it, but there are extremists in all religions who choose violence - verbal, physical, emotional - whatever their weapon of choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam