Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 02:33 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,258,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I would like to hear from our muslim friends elwill, doesn't hurt and others for their reaction to this video......this is why so many Americans and westerners view Islam as a religion of violence and death and not the religion of peace.
it is very obvious , that they are innocent childern , it isn't cermony at all , it's just show

my openion is that every society have its own culture which influences with what happened for them and around them
what do you think the culture of phalastenians is ?
for me , if i live in country as phalstine , every day someone from my family , friends , nieghbour killed , offcourse i will teach my children how to fight , and i will encourage him to that

anyway you are talking about phalastenians here
for them the terrorists are israil not hamas .
can you look in the subject just one time from others side prespective ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 02:42 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,258,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
The ultimate goal is to die in a jihad? Yes, I'd like to hear from the muslims on this board who keep saying muslims are peaceful religion. This kindergarten ceremony looked proudly displayed on television. The kids were doing military maneuvers and had their guns aimed at white children on the painting on the wall. Why?

the peacfull of our relegion dosn't mean for us to be cowards
peacfull of our relegion command us to fight for defence our land also

tell me , what if your country be invaded ? is any christian fight the invadors will be considered sinner or hero ?

Old 06-23-2008, 03:05 AM

125 posts, read 284,299 times
I was brought up in an Islamic school in Egypt, we never made a ceremony like this, our ceremonies were just like any other Kids ceremonies in the world.

This is Palestine, a country under occupation, so war is the norm there, sadly as it is.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:04 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,042,657 times
Quote:
So one youtube video doesn't make an entire religion. Yes, absolutely right. Of course, this wasn't a video made by a few people in their backyard. This was a school and (those of you who are able to read arabic please let me know) it appeared to be featured on a news show.

Nonetheless, the question remeains --- perhaps Ozzie679 or Bigthirsty would like to comment on how prevalent this type of thing is in the Islamic world?
Its not up to me to show how prevalent or not this type of thing is in the Islamic world. Its up to you if you believe it. I'm simply pointing out the complete ignorance of referencing a youtube video as fuel to hate the entire muslim religion.

I mean honestly.. taking anything Hamas does as a sign of what Muslims are all about is completely ignoranant bordering on retarded.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:17 AM

33,495 posts, read 36,989,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Its not up to me to show how prevalent or not this type of thing is in the Islamic world. Its up to you if you believe it. I'm simply pointing out the complete ignorance of referencing a youtube video as fuel to hate the entire muslim religion.

I mean honestly.. taking anything Hamas does as a sign of what Muslims are all about is completely ignoranant bordering on retarded.
I don't see anyone here saying that this is typical of the Muslim religion, but it does seem to be the method of the fundamentalists. I have seen various other videos such as this showing how the children of the extremist faction are indoctrinated. It is sick and wrong, but it is also a fact.

Camping asked how prevalent this type of indoctrination is, but instead of seeing an answer I see you get all defensive...Again nobody said it is normal to teach the kids this, but some are doing it....How many?

Old 06-23-2008, 08:22 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,312,132 times
Quote:
So one youtube video doesn't make an entire religion. Yes, absolutely right. Of course, this wasn't a video made by a few people in their backyard. This was a school and (those of you who are able to read arabic please let me know) it appeared to be featured on a news show.

Nonetheless, the question remeains --- perhaps Ozzie679 or Bigthirsty would like to comment on how prevalent this type of thing is in the Islamic world?
You tell me. Common sense should tell you that this is a fundamentalist school and not all Muslims are fundamentalist. Not to mention that Palestinians were kicked out of there own country. I would have some anger at Israel too.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:32 AM

ozzie, you may have anger at Israel, but would you program your own children to be used as weapons in this manner?

Old 06-23-2008, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I don't see anyone here saying that this is typical of the Muslim religion
Really? Cause I read this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
Yes, I'd like to hear from the muslims on this board who keep saying muslims are peaceful religion.
Care to rephrase what you have and haven't seen?

Quote:
but it does seem to be the method of the fundamentalists.
and I'm not sure how that relates to my original post. I quoted somebody else and stated that if you view this video as a representation of the entire muslim religion (which another poster did) then that action borders on ignorance in my opinion.

Quote:
I have seen various other videos such as this showing how the children of the extremist faction are indoctrinated. It is sick and wrong, but it is also a fact.
Right.. again.. whether or not extremist factions are indoctrinate their young.. isn't the point. Please follow along...

Quote:
ping asked how prevalent this type of indoctrination is, but instead of seeing an answer I see you get all defensive
Again.. its not up to me to prove how prevalent it is. I'm not the one who made the accusation that it was. I simply showed that based on one video it isn't prevalent nor is it representative of an entire religion and thus to say that it is prevalent or representative or an entire religion.. is retarded.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:11 AM

big thirsty said..."Right.. again.. whether or not extremist factions are indoctrinate their young.. isn't the point. Please follow along..."

Can you get any more patronizing? Indoctrinating children is the point of the OP, but I'll admit that I missed simple livings post. Therefore I thought the behaviour in the video was being defended...Apparently I was wrong.

So I will say that I personally think there are only a very small percentage that do this to their kids, and I certainly would not say they were following the Muslim faith, any more than I would say that Westboro Baptists are Christians...I believe the vast majority of Muslims are peaceful people.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Can you get any more patronizing?
Certainly I can. I'm very fond of my ability to patronize.

Quote:
So I will say that I personally think there are only a very small percentage that do this to their kids, and I certainly would not say they were following the Muslim faith, any more than I would say that Westboro Baptists are Christians...I believe the vast majority of Muslims are peaceful people.
See.. We agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam