U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 12:05 AM

3,904 posts, read 6,194,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by studedude View Post
No, but the statement was "Christians made it impossible for women to breastfeed their babies in church." I'm sure my church is not the only one that allows breastfeeding.
Most of us know that a woman in Saudi Arabia, Iran, or Pakistan could never get away with breastfeeding a baby in public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 02:21 AM

8,567 posts, read 14,800,062 times
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy
Quote:
Most of us know that a woman in Saudi Arabia, Iran, or Pakistan could never get away with breastfeeding a baby in public.
Ah, but we know that in Texas there is a Christian cult where old men marry young children.
Personally I find paedophilia much, much worse than showing boobs in church.

Old 07-05-2008, 02:50 AM

25 posts, read 42,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by CamaroGuyAh, but we know that in Texas there is a Christian cult where old men marry young children.
Personally I find paedophilia much, much worse than showing boobs in church.
Is that Mormons your talking about that was on the news weeks back ? If it is, id like to point out Mormonism is far from anything that is christianty. It is an Occult.

Old 07-05-2008, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by damonwv
Quote:
If it is, id like to point out Mormonism is far from anything that is christianty.
As I understand it Mormonism is closer to Christianity than any other world religion.
Just because they do things you don't like doesn't make them not Christian.
I mean the Inquisition did some terrible things and they are still Christians.

Old 07-05-2008, 03:25 AM

25 posts, read 42,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by damonwv As I understand it Mormonism is closer to Christianity than any other world religion.
Just because they do things you don't like doesn't make them not Christian.
I mean the Inquisition did some terrible things and they are still Christians.
I wouldnt agree with that. Any tachings that contradicts the bible is not christianity, and moromism is full of contradictions.

Examples believing in no hell, 3 levels of heaven , that jesus and satan are brothers , long list better to read all of it here

Mormonism - Christian or Cult?

here is another of what they try to teach and also what not to tell you.

INVESTIGATING MORMONISM

There is no doubt that they are a cult.

As for the inquisition, or Holy Crusades, just because they rode declared they were of god and doing thing in gods name, doesnt mean they they were christians.
There is a good ole passage ( para phrasing ) Where they said lord didnt we cast out demons and do things in your name , and jesus said depart from me i never knew you..

its not exactly how it was said, but you kinda get the point. Just because people talk the talk, and look like they walk the walk, you have to see what is in the persons heart, or look and judge their actions to see if they are from god. Clearly the holy crusades were barbaric to say the least, or forcing people to convert or die..

Mormonism has been exposed in great detail, as well as any other self proclaiming relgions that say they are of god and do things that are not of god.

Old 07-05-2008, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by damonwv
Quote:
I wouldnt agree with that. Any tachings that contradicts the bible is not christianity, and moromism is full of contradictions.
I'm sorry but the whole Bible is filled with contradictions.
Besidez, many Christian denominations have opposing interpretations of the Bible; the greatest example of this are the Catholics and Protestants.
Mormonism is just 1 more of the many Christian denominations.

Old 07-05-2008, 07:49 AM

5,988 posts, read 10,247,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post

Good point. Christianity is not the major religion in these countries and even the The Picasso of provocation can not think that Islam is another brand of Christianity.

Old 07-05-2008, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by studedude
Quote:
Christianity is not the major religion in these countries and even the The Picasso of provocation can not think that Islam is another brand of Christianity.
Yes I can, because Christianity is just another brand of Judaism.
But both Christianity as the Islam are based on the Hebrew God.
So Judaism, Christianity and the Islam are 3 branches from the same root; they only quarrel about the messenger (their prophets) but not the message (God).
Although the Christians insist that their Christ also is God.

Old 07-05-2008, 08:24 AM

5,988 posts, read 10,247,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by studedude Yes I can, because Christianity is just another brand of Judaism.
But both Christianity as the Islam are based on the Hebrew God.
So Judaism, Christianity and the Islam are 3 branches from the same root; they only quarrel about the messenger (their prophets) but not the message (God).
Although the Christians insist that their Christ also is God.
And because of that there is a big difference in the message. The message of Christianity is the gospel of Jesus Christ. Salvation by grace thru faith in the sacrificial death of Jesus. Jesus is not a prophet, He is God incarnate.

Old 07-05-2008, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by studedude
Quote:
Salvation by grace thru faith in the sacrificial death of Jesus. Jesus is not a prophet, He is God incarnate.
This only explains that Christians do not believe in 1 God like the Jews and the Islam.
The fact that Christians believe that Christ also is God does not make it true.
It only explains that Christians believe that they are the 1 true religion.

The fact that I believe to be the most intelligent poster on this board does not make it so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or