U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 11:00 AM

5,988 posts, read 10,266,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by studedudeThis only explains that Christians do not believe in 1 God like the Jews and the Islam.
The fact that Christians believe that Christ also is God does not make it true.
It only explains that Christians believe that they are the 1 true religion.

The fact that I believe to be the most intelligent poster on this board does not make it so.

And that belief is why Islam and Judism are not Christianity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 11:15 AM

8,567 posts, read 14,821,819 times
Originally Posted by studedude
Quote:
And that belief is why Islam and Judism are not Christianity
Yet all 3 believe in the God of Abraham.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:32 PM

3,904 posts, read 6,210,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by studedude Yet all 3 believe in the God of Abraham.
Basically the same main course prepared 3 different ways.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by studedude Yet all 3 believe in the God of Abraham.
Using your logic you and I are Christians. Since Christianity is defined by the belief that Jesus is God. You and I either believe or don't believe in the same God.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:24 AM

Arrow I'm a follower of Jesus and not a Jew, Christian or Muslim.

Quote:
Using your logic you and I are Christians.
Chrisrtians have problems with defining which of them is a Christian and which of them only call themselves a Christian.
I do not have that problem because I am a follower of Jesus and not a Christian.
I also don't believe that Jesus is Christ, or that Jesus is resurrected.
Nor do I believe in the trinity or in an afterlife.
Would you still call me a Christian?

BTW I'm also not a Jew or a Muslim.

Old 07-06-2008, 04:52 PM

I believe that Jesus is the Christ, fully God and fully man. He was crucified as a substitutional sacrifice for mankind's sin. All who accept that sacrifice and invite Him to be Lord of their life are Christians.

TD, you are obviously intelligent, educated and well informed. We could go on like this until one of can no longer type but why. I don't believe I can change your mind or you change mine. So let's stop trying. If you would like my opinion or I yours lets DM each other and stop the senseless slaughter of gigabytes. OK friend?

Old 07-07-2008, 01:03 AM

Quote:
OK friend?
No problem on my end.

Quote:
I don't believe I can change your mind or you change mine.
I wasn't trying to change your mind, I was only defending what I believe.
As long as you do not hurt others or impose on what I believe, I do not truly care what other people believe.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:38 PM

11,826 posts, read 10,191,801 times
Quote:
I also don't believe that Jesus is Christ, or that Jesus is resurrected.
Nor do I believe in the trinity or in an afterlife.
Would you still call me a Christian?
No.
The devils believe and are terrified. If you stay on your present course, you'll have the same reaction when you meet him. He'll be the angry God, who'll pound his punishing blows upon you.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:00 AM

167 posts, read 458,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
here is a fun little game. do a search on yahoo for the words "muslims outraged." then do one for "christians outraged." got almost 30,000 hits for muslims, but only 3000 for christians.
It might have something to do with more English speaking Christians writing those words than English speaking Muslims. We might get different numbers with Arabic, Hewbrew, Chinese, etc., depending on a language's collective attitudes toward certain beliefs. Just sayin'...

Old 07-10-2008, 10:17 AM

7,780 posts, read 13,517,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harahap View Post
It might have something to do with more English speaking Christians writing those words than English speaking Muslims. We might get different numbers with Arabic, Hewbrew, Chinese, etc., depending on a language's collective attitudes toward certain beliefs. Just sayin'...
Thank you for helping get this back on topic.

Here's the OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
here is a fun little game. do a search on yahoo for the words "muslims outraged." then do one for "christians outraged." got almost 30,000 hits for muslims, but only 3000 for christians. why are muslims so easily offended? here is a link for their most current outrage, the police department in scotland put a puppy on a postcard. the reason for the outrage? muslims view dogs as being unclean.

Muslim outrage at police advert featuring cute puppy sitting in policeman's hat | Mail Online
Hijacks WILL NOT be tolerated.

Come on folks, report posts when posters have no respect for an OP and decide to take these things their own direction.

Some people need to start their own threads and stop abusing the rights of others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or