U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 07:14 PM

1,487 posts, read 2,054,774 times

Advertisements

Well compalining about Lassie on a post card, if nothing wlse, will certainly get you noticed and keep you in the limelite. I don't believe it's simply Muslims who are very vocal about their outrages etc. I have found this to be true about all Middle Easterners be they Christians, Jews or Muslims. It seems to be part of the culture. These people will stand up, espress outrage (sometims in an outragous manner) and complain. While it's annoying it's probably a good thing. Maybe we should stand up and be vocal like they are when it comes to what government is doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 07:20 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,241,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
here is a fun little game. do a search on yahoo for the words "muslims outraged." then do one for "christians outraged." got almost 30,000 hits for muslims, but only 3000 for christians. why are muslims so easily offended? here is a link for their most current outrage, the police department in scotland put a puppy on a postcard. the reason for the outrage? muslims view dogs as being unclean.

Muslim outrage at police advert featuring cute puppy sitting in policeman's hat | Mail Online

Yeah, heard about the muslims in England 'outraged' at the thourght of Police snifferf dogs!! Apparanrtly, if they got sniffed by a dog they would have to wash from head to feet. The police are currently trying to find a\ way of appeasing the muslims. perhaps they won't get sniffed at after all!!

Old 07-01-2008, 07:59 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,287,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by camping!Nope, abortion is not an issue here. Every doctor no matter his religion is obliged to give info about abortion to anyone who asks for it, even if it is against their religion.
In Holland the doctors are doctors and not priests, so they have to keep their individual opinions about abortion to themselves.
As it is here.....

Old 07-01-2008, 10:59 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,039,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I am confused, for we have discussed this before and I do come away understanding your point of view. But then something happens such as recently when a woman was killed for refusing to wear a headscarf or a mans wife was killed because she was black and nonmuslim. In both cases the woman suffered, and in both cases the murderers defended their actions by claiming Islamic custom or tradition. Perhaps its an Afghani/Pakistani traditions that are not reflective of Arab culture? But then you hear of things from Iran........I honestly am not trying to paint a bad picture of Islam. In fact, due in large part to you I am much more understanding of Muslims then I used to be --- I still have a hard time understanding this type of dichotomy that exists in Islam.
muslims not learn thier relegion from pakistan or Afghanistan traditions

which type of dichotomy that exist in islam you talking about ? you must take under consideration the differnt sects of islam , the sect of sunni muslims are 85% .
majority of Iran are shiits not sunni

about killing of woman in afghanistan , i don't know about it , i hope if i know the details , and i i hope if you foud muslims scholars justify these kind of killing, so mention me
salam

Old 07-02-2008, 01:30 AM

8,567 posts, read 14,803,832 times
Originally Posted by camping!
Quote:
As it is here.....
Then why do people in Montana want to outlaw abortion?

Quote:
'Personhood' on Montana's Ballot
Montana is the most recent testing ground for the absolutists.

There, activists led by a state legislator with the Constitution Party, which aims "to restore . . . our law to its biblical foundations," are collecting signatures for the CI-100 ballot initiative to give complete legal personhood to an embryo or fetus from the moment of conception. Although couched in other terms, it amounts to an abortion ban. It needs 44,615 verified signatures to make it onto the November ballot.

Source:November Ballots Split Anti-Abortion Strategists

Old 07-02-2008, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! Then why do people in Montana want to outlaw abortion?
Outlawing abortion is different then bombing clinics, no?

Montana is a very Libertarian leaning state......they tend to want to diminish federal government involvment and instead empower state rights. The best thing I could advise you to do is to look up Libertarianism, that should give you a better idea on the philosophies of that state as well as myself

Old 07-02-2008, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Outlawing abortion is different then bombing clinics, no?
Not really because the clinics are bombed when the bombers don't get their way.
So every time fanatics don’t get their way peacefully through legislation, they simply resort to brutal violence.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping!Not really because the clinics are bombed when the bombers don't get their way.
So every time fanatics donít get their way peacefully through legislation, they simply resort to brutal violence.
(sigh) not everytime, Tricky. Not even 50% of the time, or 30% of the time....more like .5% of the time (note the decimal), if even that. I honestly tell you I do not remember the last time their was an abortion clinic bombing, and if I'm not mistaken the ones that had happened were from one guy who was subsequently caught.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Not even 50% of the time, or 30% of the time....more like .5% of the time (note the decimal), if even that.
Numbers are irrelevant, because the bombers always believed to be doing God's work; that they had God on their side.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! Numbers are irrelevant, because the bombers always believed to be doing God's work; that they had God on their side.
The numbers are highly relevant. If you are trying to make a case that all prolife people are bombers ---- then you are wrong. If you are trying to make the case that prolifers accept and defend bombers ----- then you are wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or