Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 08:51 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times

Advertisements

Genesis 15

8And he said, Lord GOD, whereby shall I know that I shall inherit it? 9And he said unto him, Take me an heifer of three years old, and a she goat of three years old, and a ram of three years old, and a turtledove, and a young pigeon. 10And he took unto him all these, and divided them in the midst, and laid each piece one against another: but the birds divided he not. 11And when the fowls came down upon the carcases, Abram drove them away.
12And when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and, lo, an horror of great darkness fell upon him. 13And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years; 14And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance. 15And thou shalt go to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in a good old age. 16But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full.
17And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces.
18In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:

Genesis 17 King James Version (KJV)

17 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.
3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,
4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.
5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.
6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.
8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.
9 And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations.
10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.
11 And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you.
12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.

Considering the Sacrifice arrangement and circumcision. What are they considered to Islam.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2015, 11:21 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
First of all be aware we do not consider the NT or Tanakh to be the unchanged word of God(swt) They are not sources of truth to us although they probably contain much truth and should be treated with respect.
With that said what we do know to be the truth is what is said in the Qur'an. Abraham is mentioned 69 times in the Quran
this is part of what the Qur'an tells us about Abraham(PBUH)

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:124 (Y. Ali) And remember that abraham was tried by his Lord with certain commands, which he fulfilled: He said: "I will make thee an Imam to the Nations." He pleaded: "And also (Imams) from my offspring!" He answered: "But My Promise is not within the reach of evil-doers."

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:125 (Y. Ali) Remember We made the House a place of assembly for men and a place of safety; and take ye the station of abraham as a place of prayer; and We covenanted with abraham and Isma'il, that they should sanctify My House for those who compass it round, or use it as a retreat, or bow, or prostrate themselves (therein in prayer).

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:126 (Y. Ali) And remember abraham said: "My Lord, make this a City of Peace, and feed its people with fruits,-such of them as believe in Allah and the Last Day." He said: "(Yea), and such as reject Faith,-for a while will I grant them their pleasure, but will soon drive them to the torment of Fire,- an evil destination (indeed)!"

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:127 (Y. Ali) And remember abraham and Isma'il raised the foundations of the House (With this prayer): "Our Lord! Accept (this service) from us: For Thou art the All-Hearing, the All-knowing.

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:130 (Y. Ali) And who turns away from the religion of abraham but such as debase their souls with folly? Him We chose and rendered pure in this world: And he will be in the Hereafter in the ranks of the Righteous.

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:132 (Y. Ali) And this was the legacy that abraham left to his sons, and so did Jacob; "Oh my sons! Allah hath chosen the Faith for you; then die not except in the Faith of Islam."

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:133 (Y. Ali) Were ye witnesses when death appeared before Jacob? Behold, he said to his sons: "What will ye worship after me?" They said: "We shall worship Thy Allah and the Allah of thy fathers, of abraham, Isma'il and Isaac,- the one (True) Allah. To Him we bow (in Islam)."

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:135 (Y. Ali) They say: "Become Jews or Christians if ye would be guided (To salvation)." Say thou: "Nay! (I would rather) the Religion of abraham the True, and he joined not gods with Allah."

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:136 (Y. Ali) Say ye: "We believe in Allah, and the revelation given to us, and to abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between one and another of them: And we bow to Allah (in Islam)."

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:140 (Y. Ali) Or do ye say that abraham, Isma'il Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes were Jews or Christians? Say: Do ye know better than Allah. Ah! who is more unjust than those who conceal the testimony they have from Allah. but Allah is not unmindful of what ye do!

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:258 (Y. Ali) Hast thou not Turned thy vision to one who disputed with abraham About his Lord, because Allah had granted him power? abraham said: "My Lord is He Who Giveth life and death." He said: "I give life and death". Said abraham: "But it is Allah that causeth the sun to rise from the east: Do thou then cause him to rise from the West." Thus was he confounded who (in arrogance) rejected faith. Nor doth Allah Give guidance to a people unjust.

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:260 (Y. Ali) Behold! abraham said: "My Lord! Show me how Thou givest life to the dead." He said: "Dost thou not then believe?" He said: "Yea! but to satisfy My own undertaking." He said: "Take four birds; Tame them to turn to thee; put a portion of them on every hill and call to them: They will come to thee (Flying) with speed. Then know that Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise."

Old 04-27-2015, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
First of all be aware we do not consider the NT or Tanakh to be the unchanged word of God(swt) They are not sources of truth to us although they probably contain much truth and should be treated with respect.
With that said what we do know to be the truth is what is said in the Qur'an. Abraham is mentioned 69 times in the Quran
this is part of what the Qur'an tells us about Abraham(PBUH)

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:124 (Y. Ali) And remember that abraham was tried by his Lord with certain commands, which he fulfilled: He said: "I will make thee an Imam to the Nations." He pleaded: "And also (Imams) from my offspring!" He answered: "But My Promise is not within the reach of evil-doers."

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:125 (Y. Ali) Remember We made the House a place of assembly for men and a place of safety; and take ye the station of abraham as a place of prayer; and We covenanted with abraham and Isma'il, that they should sanctify My House for those who compass it round, or use it as a retreat, or bow, or prostrate themselves (therein in prayer).

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:126 (Y. Ali) And remember abraham said: "My Lord, make this a City of Peace, and feed its people with fruits,-such of them as believe in Allah and the Last Day." He said: "(Yea), and such as reject Faith,-for a while will I grant them their pleasure, but will soon drive them to the torment of Fire,- an evil destination (indeed)!"

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:127 (Y. Ali) And remember abraham and Isma'il raised the foundations of the House (With this prayer): "Our Lord! Accept (this service) from us: For Thou art the All-Hearing, the All-knowing.

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:130 (Y. Ali) And who turns away from the religion of abraham but such as debase their souls with folly? Him We chose and rendered pure in this world: And he will be in the Hereafter in the ranks of the Righteous.

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:132 (Y. Ali) And this was the legacy that abraham left to his sons, and so did Jacob; "Oh my sons! Allah hath chosen the Faith for you; then die not except in the Faith of Islam."

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:133 (Y. Ali) Were ye witnesses when death appeared before Jacob? Behold, he said to his sons: "What will ye worship after me?" They said: "We shall worship Thy Allah and the Allah of thy fathers, of abraham, Isma'il and Isaac,- the one (True) Allah. To Him we bow (in Islam)."

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:135 (Y. Ali) They say: "Become Jews or Christians if ye would be guided (To salvation)." Say thou: "Nay! (I would rather) the Religion of abraham the True, and he joined not gods with Allah."

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:136 (Y. Ali) Say ye: "We believe in Allah, and the revelation given to us, and to abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between one and another of them: And we bow to Allah (in Islam)."

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:140 (Y. Ali) Or do ye say that abraham, Isma'il Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes were Jews or Christians? Say: Do ye know better than Allah. Ah! who is more unjust than those who conceal the testimony they have from Allah. but Allah is not unmindful of what ye do!

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:258 (Y. Ali) Hast thou not Turned thy vision to one who disputed with abraham About his Lord, because Allah had granted him power? abraham said: "My Lord is He Who Giveth life and death." He said: "I give life and death". Said abraham: "But it is Allah that causeth the sun to rise from the east: Do thou then cause him to rise from the West." Thus was he confounded who (in arrogance) rejected faith. Nor doth Allah Give guidance to a people unjust.

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:260 (Y. Ali) Behold! abraham said: "My Lord! Show me how Thou givest life to the dead." He said: "Dost thou not then believe?" He said: "Yea! but to satisfy My own undertaking." He said: "Take four birds; Tame them to turn to thee; put a portion of them on every hill and call to them: They will come to thee (Flying) with speed. Then know that Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise."
Thank you Woodrow.
Is there anything said about the other 2 sacrifices.? Ram and She goat.
The last part about the 4 birds is interesting.
What is taught concerning the meaning of the 4 birds.
Abraham was instructed 2 birds that were not split. Which are the 2 witnesses.

I am curious as to why 2 have become 4?
It seems to me another witness is added to put a portion on every hill.

Another question- how many hills?

Last edited by pinacled; 04-27-2015 at 12:39 PM..

Old 04-27-2015, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Thank you Woodrow.
Is there anything said about the other 2 sacrifices.? Ram and She goat.

We do not believe Allaah(swt) ever required blood sacrifices.

while the Jews did perform blood sacrifices they were not a requirement.

While Abraham was asked to sacrifice Ishmael, it was never carried out. It was a test of obedience, not the requirement.

When a Muslim sacrifices an animal for Eid-ul-Adha. The animal is not sacrificed to Allaah(SWT) The Sacrifice is the willingness to give up something of value and share it with others. The Sacrificed animal is used for food 1/3 going to the Community, 1/3 going to the poor and 1/3 shared among family and friends. It is not a blood sacrifice to Allaah(SWT)

The Qur'an has very little about sacrifices

The Qur'an contains 20 ayyats that speak of sacrifice those being

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:67 (Y. Ali) And remember Moses said to his people: "(Allah) commands that ye sacrifice a heifer." They said: "Makest thou a laughing-stock of us?" He said: "(Allah) save me from being an ignorant (fool)!"

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:71 (Y. Ali) He said: "He says: A heifer not trained to till the soil or water the fields; sound and without blemish." They said: "Now hast thou brought the truth." Then they offered her in sacrifice, but not with good-will.

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:196 (Y. Ali) And complete the Hajj or 'umra in the service of Allah. But if ye are prevented (From completing it), send an offering for sacrifice, such as ye may find, and do not shave your heads until the offering reaches the place of sacrifice. And if any of you is ill, or has an ailment in his scalp, (Necessitating shaving), (He should) in compensation either fast, or feed the poor, or offer sacrifice; and when ye are in peaceful conditions (again), if any one wishes to continue the 'umra on to the hajj, He must make an offering, such as he can afford, but if he cannot afford it, He should fast three days during the hajj and seven days on his return, Making ten days in all. This is for those whose household is not in (the precincts of) the Sacred Mosque. And fear Allah, and know that Allah Is strict in punishment.

Al-Imran (The Family of Imran)

3:183 (Y. Ali) They (also) said: "(Allah) took our promise not to believe in an apostle unless He showed us a sacrifice consumed by Fire (From heaven)." Say: "There came to you apostles before me, with clear Signs and even with what ye ask for: why then did ye slay them, if ye speak the truth?"

An-Nisa (The Women)

4:66 (Y. Ali) If We had ordered them to sacrifice their lives or to leave their homes, very few of them would have done it: But if they had done what they were (actually) told, it would have been best for them, and would have gone farthest to strengthen their (faith);

Al-Ma'idah (The Table Spread)

5:2 (Y. Ali) O ye who believe! Violate not the sanctity of the symbols of Allah, nor of the sacred month, nor of the animals brought for sacrifice, nor the garlands that mark out such animals, nor the people resorting to the sacred house, seeking of the bounty and good pleasure of their Lord. But when ye are clear of the sacred precincts and of pilgrim garb, ye may hunt and let not the hatred of some people in (once) shutting you out of the Sacred Mosque lead you to transgression (and hostility on your part). Help ye one another in righteousness and piety, but help ye not one another in sin and rancour: fear Allah. for Allah is strict in punishment.

5:3 (Y. Ali) Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah. that which hath been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by being gored to death; that which hath been (partly) eaten by a wild animal; unless ye are able to slaughter it (in due form); that which is sacrificed on stone (altars); (forbidden) also is the division (of meat) by raffling with arrows: that is impiety. This day have those who reject faith given up all hope of your religion: yet fear them not but fear Me. This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But if any is forced by hunger, with no inclination to transgression, Allah is indeed Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

5:27 (Y. Ali) Recite to them the truth of the story of the two sons of Adam. Behold! they each presented a sacrifice (to Allah.: It was accepted from one, but not from the other. Said the latter: "Be sure I will slay thee." "Surely," said the former, "(Allah) doth accept of the sacrifice of those who are righteous.

5:103 (Y. Ali) It was not Allah who instituted (superstitions like those of) a slit-ear she- camel, or a she-camel let loose for free pasture, or idol sacrifices for twin-births in animals, or stallion-camels freed from work: It is blasphemers who invent a lie against Allah. but most of them lack wisdom.

Al-An'am (The Cattle)

6:162 (Y. Ali) Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds:

Al-Hajj (The Pilgrimage)

22:28 (Y. Ali) "That they may witness the benefits (provided) for them, and celebrate the name of Allah, through the Days appointed, over the cattle which He has provided for them (for sacrifice): then eat ye thereof and feed the distressed ones in want.

Al-Hajj (The Pilgrimage)

22:32 (Y. Ali) Such (is his state): and whoever holds in honour the symbols of Allah, (in the sacrifice of animals), such (honour) should come truly from piety of heart.

Al-Hajj (The Pilgrimage)

22:33 (Y. Ali) In them ye have benefits for a term appointed: in the end their place of sacrifice is near the Ancient House.

Al-Hajj (The Pilgrimage)

22:34 (Y. Ali) To every people did We appoint rites (of sacrifice), that they might celebrate the name of Allah over the sustenance He gave them from animals (fit for food). But your Allah is One Allah. submit then your wills to Him (in Islam): and give thou the good news to those who humble themselves,-

Al-Hajj (The Pilgrimage)

22:36 (Y. Ali) The sacrificial camels we have made for you as among the symbols from Allah. in them is (much) good for you: then pronounce the name of Allah over them as they line up (for sacrifice): when they are down on their sides (after slaughter), eat ye thereof, and feed such as (beg not but) live in contentment, and such as beg with due humility: thus have We made animals subject to you, that ye may be grateful.

As-Saffat (The Rangers)

37:102 (Y. Ali) Then, when (the son) reached (the age of) (serious) work with him, he said: "O my son! I see in vision that I offer thee in sacrifice: Now see what is thy view!" (The son) said: "O my father! Do as thou art commanded: thou will find me, if Allah so wills one practising Patience and Constancy!"

As-Saffat (The Rangers)

37:103 (Y. Ali) So when they had both submitted their wills (to Allah., and he had laid him prostrate on his forehead (for sacrifice),

As-Saffat (The Rangers)

37:107 (Y. Ali) And We ransomed him with a momentous sacrifice:

Al-Fath (The Victory)

48:25 (Y. Ali) They are the ones who denied Revelation and hindered you from the Sacred Mosque and the sacrificial animals, detained from reaching their place of sacrifice. Had there not been believing men and believing women whom ye did not know that ye were trampling down and on whose account a crime would have accrued to you without (your) knowledge, ((Allah) would have allowed you to force your way, but He held back your hands) that He may admit to His Mercy whom He will. If they had been apart, We should certainly have punished the Unbelievers among them with a grievous Punishment.

Al-Kauthar (A River in Paradise)

108:2 (Y. Ali) Therefore to thy Lord turn in Prayer and sacrifice.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:44 PM

Quote:
We do not believe Allaah(swt) ever required blood sacrifices.

while the Jews did perform blood sacrifices they were not a requirement.

While Abraham was asked to sacrifice Ishmael, it was never carried out. It was a test of obedience, not the requirement.

When a Muslim sacrifices an animal for Eid-ul-Adha. The animal is not sacrificed to Allaah(SWT) The Sacrifice is the willingness to give up something of value and share it with others. The Sacrificed animal is used for food 1/3 going to the Community, 1/3 going to the poor and 1/3 shared among family and friends. It is not a blood sacrifice to Allaah(SWT)

The Qur'an has very little about sacrifices

The Qur'an contains 20 ayyats that speak of sacrifice those being

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:67 (Y. Ali) And remember Moses said to his people: "(Allah) commands that ye sacrifice a heifer." They said: "Makest thou a laughing-stock of us?" He said: "(Allah) save me from being an ignorant (fool)!"

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:71 (Y. Ali) He said: "He says: A heifer not trained to till the soil or water the fields; sound and without blemish." They said: "Now hast thou brought the truth." Then they offered her in sacrifice, but not with good-will.

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:196 (Y. Ali) And complete the Hajj or 'umra in the service of Allah. But if ye are prevented (From completing it), send an offering for sacrifice, such as ye may find, and do not shave your heads until the offering reaches the place of sacrifice. And if any of you is ill, or has an ailment in his scalp, (Necessitating shaving), (He should) in compensation either fast, or feed the poor, or offer sacrifice; and when ye are in peaceful conditions (again), if any one wishes to continue the 'umra on to the hajj, He must make an offering, such as he can afford, but if he cannot afford it, He should fast three days during the hajj and seven days on his return, Making ten days in all. This is for those whose household is not in (the precincts of) the Sacred Mosque. And fear Allah, and know that Allah Is strict in punishment.

Al-Imran (The Family of Imran)

3:183 (Y. Ali) They (also) said: "(Allah) took our promise not to believe in an apostle unless He showed us a sacrifice consumed by Fire (From heaven)." Say: "There came to you apostles before me, with clear Signs and even with what ye ask for: why then did ye slay them, if ye speak the truth?"

An-Nisa (The Women)

4:66 (Y. Ali) If We had ordered them to sacrifice their lives or to leave their homes, very few of them would have done it: But if they had done what they were (actually) told, it would have been best for them, and would have gone farthest to strengthen their (faith);

5:2 (Y. Ali) O ye who believe! Violate not the sanctity of the symbols of Allah, nor of the sacred month, nor of the animals brought for sacrifice, nor the garlands that mark out such animals, nor the people resorting to the sacred house, seeking of the bounty and good pleasure of their Lord. But when ye are clear of the sacred precincts and of pilgrim garb, ye may hunt and let not the hatred of some people in (once) shutting you out of the Sacred Mosque lead you to transgression (and hostility on your part). Help ye one another in righteousness and piety, but help ye not one another in sin and rancour: fear Allah. for Allah is strict in punishment.

5:3 (Y. Ali) Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah. that which hath been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by being gored to death; that which hath been (partly) eaten by a wild animal; unless ye are able to slaughter it (in due form); that which is sacrificed on stone (altars); (forbidden) also is the division (of meat) by raffling with arrows: that is impiety. This day have those who reject faith given up all hope of your religion: yet fear them not but fear Me. This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But if any is forced by hunger, with no inclination to transgression, Allah is indeed Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

5:27 (Y. Ali) Recite to them the truth of the story of the two sons of Adam. Behold! they each presented a sacrifice (to Allah.: It was accepted from one, but not from the other. Said the latter: "Be sure I will slay thee." "Surely," said the former, "(Allah) doth accept of the sacrifice of those who are righteous.

5:103 (Y. Ali) It was not Allah who instituted (superstitions like those of) a slit-ear she- camel, or a she-camel let loose for free pasture, or idol sacrifices for twin-births in animals, or stallion-camels freed from work: It is blasphemers who invent a lie against Allah. but most of them lack wisdom.

Al-An'am (The Cattle)

6:162 (Y. Ali) Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds:

Al-Hajj (The Pilgrimage)

22:28 (Y. Ali) "That they may witness the benefits (provided) for them, and celebrate the name of Allah, through the Days appointed, over the cattle which He has provided for them (for sacrifice): then eat ye thereof and feed the distressed ones in want.

Al-Hajj (The Pilgrimage)

22:32 (Y. Ali) Such (is his state): and whoever holds in honour the symbols of Allah, (in the sacrifice of animals), such (honour) should come truly from piety of heart.

Al-Hajj (The Pilgrimage)

22:33 (Y. Ali) In them ye have benefits for a term appointed: in the end their place of sacrifice is near the Ancient House.

Al-Hajj (The Pilgrimage)

22:34 (Y. Ali) To every people did We appoint rites (of sacrifice), that they might celebrate the name of Allah over the sustenance He gave them from animals (fit for food). But your Allah is One Allah. submit then your wills to Him (in Islam): and give thou the good news to those who humble themselves,-

Al-Hajj (The Pilgrimage)

22:36 (Y. Ali) The sacrificial camels we have made for you as among the symbols from Allah. in them is (much) good for you: then pronounce the name of Allah over them as they line up (for sacrifice): when they are down on their sides (after slaughter), eat ye thereof, and feed such as (beg not but) live in contentment, and such as beg with due humility: thus have We made animals subject to you, that ye may be grateful.

As-Saffat (The Rangers)

37:102 (Y. Ali) Then, when (the son) reached (the age of) (serious) work with him, he said: "O my son! I see in vision that I offer thee in sacrifice: Now see what is thy view!" (The son) said: "O my father! Do as thou art commanded: thou will find me, if Allah so wills one practising Patience and Constancy!"

As-Saffat (The Rangers)

37:103 (Y. Ali) So when they had both submitted their wills (to Allah., and he had laid him prostrate on his forehead (for sacrifice),

As-Saffat (The Rangers)

37:107 (Y. Ali) And We ransomed him with a momentous sacrifice:

Al-Fath (The Victory)

48:25 (Y. Ali) They are the ones who denied Revelation and hindered you from the Sacred Mosque and the sacrificial animals, detained from reaching their place of sacrifice. Had there not been believing men and believing women whom ye did not know that ye were trampling down and on whose account a crime would have accrued to you without (your) knowledge, ((Allah) would have allowed you to force your way, but He held back your hands) that He may admit to His Mercy whom He will. If they had been apart, We should certainly have punished the Unbelievers among them with a grievous Punishment.

Al-Kauthar (A River in Paradise)

108:2 (Y. Ali) Therefore to thy Lord turn in Prayer and sacrifice.
Found something about the birds.
Reference to Birds in the Quran by Dr. Basharat Ahmad @ aaiil.org

Old 04-27-2015, 09:33 PM

Quote:
The site is an Ahmaddiyat site.
I am one of very few Muslims that accept them as being Muslims.
They do incorporate elements of Christianity into their beliefs.
However they do use the Qur'an and what they quote from the Qur'an is in the Qur'an. their interpretations do sometimes differ and I do not think they use the Ahadith or adhere to any madhab.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:34 PM

The purpose of repeating these words, consciously and actively, in worship, is so that the glorification and praise of God be so impressed on one's heartand mind, that no thought or prompting of the devil against the concept of God's perfection and praiseworthiness, ever enters into one's heart. If one is unable to comprehend any particular Act of God, then one would acknowledge one's lack of one's knowledge and a failing of one's understanding, but would always consider the acts of God to be free from any faults or imperfections. Man's knowledge as compared to God's Knowledge is less then a drop of water as compared to an ocean. The Quran states:
Say: If the sea were ink for the words of my Lord, the sea would surely be exhausted before the words of my Lord were exhausted, though We brought the like of it to add (thereto). The Holy Quran, chapter 18, verse 109.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:42 PM

Quote:
The site is an Ahmaddiyat site.
I am one of very few Muslims that accept them as being Muslims.
They do incorporate elements of Christianity into their beliefs.
However they do use the Qur'an and what they quote from the Qur'an is in the Qur'an. their interpretations do sometimes differ and I do not think they use the Ahadith or adhere to any madhab.
Ahadith?

hadith

(redirected from Ahadith)
Also found in: Encyclopedia, Wikipedia. ha·dith

(hə-dēth′)n. pl. hadith or ha·diths Islam 1. a. A report of the sayings or actions of Muhammad or his companions, together with the tradition of its chain of transmission.
b. The collective body of these traditions.

2. See Sunna.

[Arabic ḥadīṯ, report, news, tradition, from ḥaddaṯa, to report, from ḥadaṯa, to be new; see ḥdṯ in Semitic roots.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Hadith

(ˈhædɪθ; hɑːˈdiːθ) n1. (Islam) the body of tradition and legend about Mohammed and his followers, used as a basis of Islamic law

[Arabic]

madhab?

My Faves

Popularity

Save
Dictionary
madhab

noun ma·dhab \məˈdab\

Definition of MADHAB

: a school of Islamic jurisprudence

Old 04-27-2015, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Ahadith?

hadith

(redirected from Ahadith)
Also found in: Encyclopedia, Wikipedia. ha·dith

(hə-dēth′)n. pl. hadith or ha·diths Islam 1. a. A report of the sayings or actions of Muhammad or his companions, together with the tradition of its chain of transmission.
b. The collective body of these traditions.

2. See Sunna.

[Arabic ḥadīṯ, report, news, tradition, from ḥaddaṯa, to report, from ḥadaṯa, to be new; see ḥdṯ in Semitic roots.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Hadith

(ˈhædɪθ; hɑːˈdiːθ) n1. (Islam) the body of tradition and legend about Mohammed and his followers, used as a basis of Islamic law

[Arabic]

madhab?

My Faves

Popularity

Save
Dictionary
madhab

noun ma·dhab \məˈdab\

Definition of MADHAB

: a school of Islamic jurisprudence
Ahadith is the plural of Hadith.
Hadith translates into English roughly as eye-witness account. there are well over 1,000,000 of them. Many are compiled into collections and categotized by topic. Suuni recognize 7 compilations. the vast majority of Ahadith are unverified. The verified ones are classified into levels of reliability and authenticity
Various divisions of Islam use different compilations as I said the sunni recognize 7 book, the Shi'ite recognize 13 6 of which are also recognized by Sunni.

Sunni recognize 4 Madhab's Maliki,Shafi'i, Hambali and Hanafi. the 12er sect of Shi'ite follow Jafa'ari instead of a Madhab, the Ismaili sect of Shi'a do not follow any madhab nor Jafa'ari.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Ahadith is the plural of Hadith.
Hadith translates into English roughly as eye-witness account. there are well over 1,000,000 of them. Many are compiled into collections and categotized by topic. Suuni recognize 7 compilations. the vast majority of Ahadith are unverified. The verified ones are classified into levels of reliability and authenticity
Various divisions of Islam use different compilations as I said the sunni recognize 7 book, the Shi'ite recognize 13 6 of which are also recognized by Sunni.

Sunni recognize 4 Madhab's Maliki,Shafi'i, Hambali and Hanafi. the 12er sect of Shi'ite follow Jafa'ari instead of a Madhab, the Ismaili sect of Shi'a do not follow any madhab nor Jafa'ari.
4 to 12 now that sounds right and familiar.

From the vision given to Ezekiel and the Cherubs of the Chariot.
4 heads 12 aspects. I hope there is more concerning the course of this arrangement.

The sacrifice arrangement given to Abraham is a pattern. And of course the priest understood the meaning is in the pattern. The ritual tradition is for remembrance. With Genesis up to the 10th generation Noah is of oral tradition. The pattern is given to show us the Ark. The Heart. The Law is written in our hearts.

With Abraham 3 clean are divided to give 6 as the 7th(fire walks through) The pattern is an arrangement(covenant) given to be remembered as Something given to us by God.
This pattern reveals the Candle sticks 7. With 2 birds(not divided) representing 2 lamps on either side.

Above I give to help visualize.

The arrangement of the 3 sacrifices are The 3 intersections on the center shaft of the outside 6 branches. representing the Heifer, Ram, and She goat. The center shaft and 7th candle is the (Fire) that walked through the split sacrifices.

This was Given to Abraham.
And from this pattern we can see the abominations. The ones that pervert the clean animals into an unclean meaning. The bull of molech. etc.

A shadow of things to come.

Last edited by pinacled; 04-28-2015 at 01:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam