U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 04:42 PM

11,435 posts, read 16,466,592 times

Advertisements

There is a guy at my gym who always wears this skullcap with a "boingy ball" on top. what is it and what is its significance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 05:18 PM

118 posts, read 224,712 times
Muslims really have the prestige and very distinguishable from others, but no hat do

you mean, please elaborate ..

Old 08-20-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.sasa View Post
Muslims really have the prestige and very distinguishable from others, but no hat do

you mean, please elaborate ..
it is a skull cap with a ball that looks like a "knotted sock"

Old 08-20-2008, 07:45 PM

600 posts, read 1,154,125 times
I *think* that certain sects within the Islamic religion don't cut their hair and the cap you are describing with the "ball" on top is actually the hair that has been bound up in the cap. If I'm wrong I'm sure a Muslim will come along and correct me .

Old 08-21-2008, 11:50 AM

2,783 posts, read 5,998,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in VA View Post
I *think* that certain sects within the Islamic religion don't cut their hair and the cap you are describing with the "ball" on top is actually the hair that has been bound up in the cap. If I'm wrong I'm sure a Muslim will come along and correct me .
I believe you are thinking of a style of turban that sikhs wear.

Old 08-22-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in VA View Post

Thank you all.

Hat intended be possible turbans and around the so-called Egal, is unambiguously a very wonderful, and my own history suggests, also came from Pope unequivocal, but we all unequivocally that dress. Because we have no difference between the King and Sheikh between and among the general public.

But the person who said that Muslims do not cut their hair, this error ..

There are those who recounts his hair and leaves it there, but not a condition of not wearing turbans cutting hair ..

Old 08-22-2008, 02:16 PM

like this?

http://up3.m5zn.com/get-8-2008-f3t22vr7zkq.jpg (broken link)

or like this ??

http://up3.m5zn.com/get-8-2008-kghgyhqf1fo.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-24-2008, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.sasa View Post
like this?

http://up3.m5zn.com/get-8-2008-f3t22vr7zkq.jpg (broken link)

or like this ??

http://up3.m5zn.com/get-8-2008-kghgyhqf1fo.jpg (broken link)
no. not like either one! it is a skullcap (brown) with a little knotted end on top. btw, that young guy on the top was hot! i think that i'll just go ask the guy at the gym next time that i see him.

Old 08-24-2008, 02:59 AM

I did not understand the intent, if allowed more elaborate

But you need to ask, I mean is there reason to question ..

Thank you ....

For information, photo image of the first player Kristaino

Pretty true ..

Old 08-24-2008, 05:25 PM

7,916 posts, read 16,793,012 times
I think there is also some sort of a hat worn by Jews and I think it's called a skull cap. I'm not knowledgeable about what it means but I have seen Jewish men wearing them and I would imagine that it has a religious significance similar to what muslims have. This is very different from clothing worn in western nations in which there is no particular meaning given to clothing that is worn other than trends in fashion and what is popular at any particular time. This is just another example of how different cultures are around the world and I'm just glad that I don't live in a nation that has a dress code. I've always thought that making a woman dress from head to toe in a black garment that traps the heat when it's already 120 degrees is completely irrational.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam