Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 01:21 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,587,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Who we are:
We are ex-Muslims. Some of us were born and raised in Islam and some of us had converted to Islam at some moment in our lives. We were taught never to question the truth of Islam and to believe in Allah and his messenger with blind faith. We were told that Allah would forgive all sins but the sin of disbelief (Quran 4:48 and 4:116). But we committed the ultimate sin of thinking and questioned the belief that was imposed on us and we came to realize that far from being a religion of truth, Islam is a hoax, it is hallucination of a sick mind and nothing but lies and deceits.
Apostates of Islam - We left Islam

Old 09-07-2008, 05:09 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,921,065 times
Islam is as true a religion as any other religion.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:36 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
The citizens of western nations often consider muslims in general to be a violent and aggressive group of people but there are hundreds of millions of muslims and the overwhelming majority are decent people just like the majority of Christians or any other religion. It's true that there's a very violent and powerful element of fanatic believers in Islam but in terms of percentage of the total world population they're just an extremely small minority. This sort of rhetoric only increases the tensions between these opposing religious points of view. I believe that it would make alot of sense to reach out to the muslims who don't promote violence and to show them some respect. There is a perception in the muslim world that America wants to destroy Islam. Of course journalism and the media in muslim nations are notorious for promoting and exaggerating the intentions of nations who are primarily Christian like America but I don't think it serves any purpose if we do the same thing. People who grew up in muslim nations are overwhelmingly muslims just as people who grew up in Christian nations are overwhelmingly Christians. I think it's important that our behavior as individuals and also as a nation should promote the concept of mutual respect and coexistence.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:58 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,402,817 times
LOL this thread makes me nostalgic for a treat I used to love as a child: the nutty buddy

Old 09-07-2008, 08:35 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,006,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
Islam is a "religion" of violence and death! Islam objectifies women, makes them subservient to men and gives their husbands the power of life or death over their wives! Islam relegates women to a status lower than a junk yard dog! Islam is not a "religion", it is a philosophy of power, torture and death over women, non-believers (infidels) and any other person or group that happens to disagrees with the teachings of Allah and his bastardized "prophet", Muhammad! Islam is a scourge on the peoples of the world that must be neutralized and removed!
Hey calm down. I think you'd be surprised to learn that a lot of people feel that way about christianity too.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:45 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard
Quote:
Islam is a "religion" of violence and death!
And you live in the illusion that (American) Christianity isn't?

Moderator cut: orphaned

Last edited by Alpha8207; 09-08-2008 at 08:35 AM..

Old 09-07-2008, 09:38 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,587,363 times
Moderator cut: orphaned

arod0331
Quote:
Hey calm down. I think you'd be surprised to learn that a lot of people feel that way about christianity too.
The last time I checked, Christians weren't stoning women, teaching terrorism or creating converts on the edge of a sword!

Last edited by Alpha8207; 09-08-2008 at 08:38 AM..

Old 09-07-2008, 10:17 PM

553 posts, read 568,354 times
Islam [in part] today is where Christianity was just 700 years ago. It just hasn't grown up yet which might require a prolonged period of internal bloodshed to see it mature beyond its current wild, reckless and sometimes violent teenage stage. This is not to say there are not Christians today running about the place hoping for those glory days of yore when they could burn people at stakes and run heretics out of town on fear of certain death.

Christianity has taken its lumps from some heavy doses of reason over the recent centuries and in some places is nothing more than a laughable relic that people pay lip service to out of tradition. In many ways it has become a REAL "personal faith" a many Christians are content to just know they are on their way to heaven and that's all that matters. I forsee this also becoming the fate of Islam but it will take some seriously brave people and as far as I can tell, there are indeed grass roots movements in Muslim countries taking stabs at its foundation.

Last edited by yydanay515; 09-07-2008 at 11:38 PM..

Old 09-07-2008, 10:21 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
its not a false religion. but the teachings do condon violence and the violent overthrow of the host country. that is a major difference between islam and christianity.
as to most muslims being "good people" that is not the issue.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:52 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,006,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard
Islam is a "religion" of violence and death! Islam objectifies women, makes them subservient to men and gives their husbands the power of life or death over their wives! Islam relegates women to a status lower than a junk yard dog! Islam is not a "religion", it is a philosophy of power, torture and death over women, non-believers (infidels) and any other person or group that happens to disagrees with the teachings of Allah and his bastardized "prophet", Muhammad! Islam is a scourge on the peoples of the world that must be neutralized and removed!

arod0331

The last time I checked, Christians weren't stoning women, teaching terrorism or creating converts on the edge of a sword!
Oh nooo......the bible never makes any mention of those things, does it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam