Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 05:25 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,784,755 times

Advertisements

Amazing how similar this is to Christianity...

Shockingly so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 03:18 PM

148 posts, read 294,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Okay, you have given me a description of your Paradise but you still have not answered my question. I appreciate the fact that you have such a beautiful description of your Paradise but at the same time I hope you appreciate the fact that that is not my Paradise and no disrespect intended, you still haven't answered the question as to how I would look in your eyes because I don't believe the same as you do.

And just so that there are no misunderstandings, I am neither Jew, Muslim, Christian, Hindu, or Buddhist, I am Native American, my people are the Tsalagi (Cherokee), our culture is an agrarian culture.osay
Muslims are brother in huminity and brother in God Blessed and Exalted is He.

If you are not muslim, I still deal with you as a human

Old 09-20-2008, 04:07 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,657,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a slave of Allah View Post
Muslims are brother in huminity and brother in God Blessed and Exalted is He.

If you are not muslim, I still deal with you as a human
I thank you for taking the time to answer my questions, we are all children of the same Creator and should treat each other as such, regardless of our different beliefs and cultures.osay

Old 09-20-2008, 04:25 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,623,378 times
A Slave of Allah wrote:
Quote:
15. The description of Paradise which the believer have been promised is that in it are rivers of water the taste and smell of which are not changed; rivers of milk of which the taste never changes; rivers of wine delicious to those who drink; and rivers of clarified honey (clear and pure) therein for them is every kind of fruit; and forgiveness from their Lord.
Doesn't that seem a bit far fetched? Will there be millions of dairy cows at the headwaters of the rivers of milk and what kind of wine will be flowing in the rivers of wine, will it be red or white, an inexpensive house wine or will the rivers of wine be flowing from the vineyards of France? Surely you can see how statements such as these seem preposterous to those of us who don't believe in God. I mean no disrespect for your religious beliefs and I have no doubt that your intentions are good. It's just that there's such a wide divide between our belief systems that I hardly know how to even respond.

Old 09-20-2008, 04:40 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,459,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
A Slave of Allah wrote:

Doesn't that seem a bit far fetched? Will there be millions of dairy cows at the headwaters of the rivers of milk and what kind of wine will be flowing in the rivers of wine, will it be red or white, an inexpensive house wine or will the rivers of wine be flowing from the vineyards of France? Surely you can see how statements such as these seem preposterous to those of us who don't believe in God. I mean no disrespect for your religious beliefs and I have no doubt that your intentions are good. It's just that there's such a wide divide between our belief systems that I hardly know how to even respond.
Yeah, and if I'm not mistaken, why would there be wine flowing if Muslims don't really drink? At least, every country I've been to in the Middle East, save Qatar, alcohol was prohibited because of laws made in association with the Koran. So, why advertise rivers of wine if it's against the law? That's like saying the Christian heaven will be filled with marijuana plants o' plenty. It just seems a little strange.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:03 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,623,378 times
Troop wrote:
Quote:
So, why advertise rivers of wine if it's against the law?
Very good Troop, I have to agree. It reminds me a little about the business with the 70 virgins. Everyone is supposed to be pure and not fornicate or commit adultery and of course women have to wear black garments from head to toe even when it's 120 degrees in the shade. I've seen documentaries from young suicide bombers who were caught before they could commit their crime and are now in prison and several of them mentioned that even though they were going to be blown to pieces they believed that this inconvenience wouldn't prevent them from being united with 70 hot babes in the afterlife. If their handlers really believed this to be true why would they let some young teenage boy get all the action when they could do it themselves? This is a very sad and very twisted aberation of a major religion.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:10 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Yeah, and if I'm not mistaken, why would there be wine flowing if Muslims don't really drink? At least, every country I've been to in the Middle East, save Qatar, alcohol was prohibited because of laws made in association with the Koran. So, why advertise rivers of wine if it's against the law? That's like saying the Christian heaven will be filled with marijuana plants o' plenty. It just seems a little strange.
in our paradise there are no laws , no restrictions
wine of paradise is differ than the wine in the earth
wine in this earth brings the crimes and wrong deeds and it is harmful for the body , but it dosn't in the paradise

peace

Old 09-21-2008, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
This is all just verses from the Qur'an. There's no claim being made and no valid evidence to support Islam or the Qur'an as plausible truth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akdd0TNMCuA"

Old 09-21-2008, 05:03 AM

Quote:
A Slave of Allah wrote:

The suspection always is not in the power of God, God's Power is above suspection and doubt,

The One who created the universe,
will He be unable to create a river of milk?!

Glorified and Exalted is He Above what you say.

Old 09-21-2008, 05:27 AM

396 posts, read 838,010 times
Quote:
Troop wrote:

Very good Troop, I have to agree. It reminds me a little about the business with the 70 virgins. Everyone is supposed to be pure and not fornicate or commit adultery and of course women have to wear black garments from head to toe even when it's 120 degrees in the shade. I've seen documentaries from young suicide bombers who were caught before they could commit their crime and are now in prison and several of them mentioned that even though they were going to be blown to pieces they believed that this inconvenience wouldn't prevent them from being united with 70 hot babes in the afterlife. If their handlers really believed this to be true why would they let some young teenage boy get all the action when they could do it themselves? This is a very sad and very twisted aberation of a major religion.
Not to be the bearer of bad news or anything, but no one ever said they will get 70 FEMALE virgins. What if it's 70 DUDES waitin' for them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam