Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 09:32 AM

148 posts, read 294,193 times

Advertisements

God said what means:

33. God chose Adam, Nûh (Noah), the family of Ibrâhim (Abraham) and the family of 'Imrân above the worlds (of their times).

34. Offspring, one of the other, and God is the All-Hearer, All-Knower.

35. (Remember) when the wife of 'Imrân said: "O my Lord! I have vowed to You what (the child that) is in my womb to be dedicated for Your services (free from all worldly work; to serve Your Place of worship), so accept this, from me. Verily, You are the All-Hearer, the All-Knowing."

36. Then when she delivered her [child Maryam (Mary)], she said: "O my Lord! I have delivered a female child," - and God knew better what she delivered, - "And the male is not like the female, and I have named her Maryam (Mary), and I seek refuge with You (God) for her and for her offspring from Shaitan (Satan), the outcast."

37. So her Lord (God) accepted her with goodly acceptance. He made her grow in a good manner and put her under the care of Zakariyâ (Zachariya). Every time he entered Al-Mihrâb to (visit) her , he found her supplied with sustenance. He said: "O Maryam (Mary)! From where have you got this?" She said, "This is from God." Verily, God provides sustenance to whom He wills, without limit."

38. At that time Zakariyâ (Zachariya) invoked his Lord, saying: "O my Lord! Grant me from You, a good offspring. You are indeed the All-Hearer of invocation."

39. Then the angels called him, while he was standing in prayer in Al-Mihrâb (a praying place or a private room), (saying): "God gives you glad tidings of Yahya (John), confirming (believing in) the Word from God [i.e. the creation of 'Iesa (Jesus) the Word from God ("Be!" - and he was!)], noble, keeping away from sexual relations with women, a Prophet, from among the righteous."

40. He said: "O my Lord! How can I have a son when I am very old, and my wife is barren?" God said: "Thus God does what He wills."

41. He said: "O my Lord! Make a sign for me." God said: "Your sign is that you shall not speak to mankind for three days except with signals. And remember your Lord much (by praising Him again and again), and glorify (Him) in the afternoon and in the morning."

42. And (remember) when the angels said: "O Maryam (Mary)! Verily, God has chosen you, purified you (from polytheism and disbelief), and chosen you above the women of the 'Alamîn (mankind and jinns) (of her lifetime)."

43. O Mary! "Submit yourself with obedience to your Lord (God, by worshipping none but Him Alone) and prostrate yourself, and Irkâ'i (bow down etc.) along with Ar-Râki'ûn (those who bow down etc.)."

44. This is a part of the news of the Ghaib (unseen, i.e. the news of the past nations of which you have no knowledge) which We inspire you with (O Muhammad). You were not with them, when they cast lots with their pens as to which of them should be charged with the care of Maryam (Mary); nor were you with them when they disputed.

45. (Remember) when the angels said: "O Maryam (Mary)! Verily, God gives you the glad tidings of a Word ["Be!" - and he was! i.e. 'Iesa (Jesus) the son of Maryam (Mary)] from Him, his name will be the Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), the son of Maryam (Mary), held in honour in this world and in the Hereafter, and will be one of those who are near to God."

46. "He will speak to the people in the cradle and in manhood, and he will be one of the righteous."

47. She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me." He said: "So (it will be) for God creates what He wills. When He has decreed something, He says to it only: "Be!" and it is.

48. And He (God) will teach him ['Iesa (Jesus)] the Book and Al-Hikmah (i.e. the Sunnah, the faultless speech of the Prophets, wisdom, etc.), (and) the Taurât (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel).

49. And will make him ['Iesa (Jesus)] a Messenger to the Children of Israel (saying): "I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, that I design for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by God's Leave; and I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I bring the dead to life by God's Leave. And I inform you of what you eat, and what you store in your houses. Surely, therein is a sign for you, if you believe.

50. And I have come confirming that which was before me of the Taurât (Torah), and to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden to you, and I have come to you with a proof from your Lord. So fear God and obey me.

51. Truly! God is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him (Alone). This is the Straight Path.

52. Then when 'Iesa (Jesus) came to know of their disbelief, he said: "Who will be my helpers in God's Cause?" Al-Hawâriûn (the disciples) said: "We are the helpers of God; we believe in God, and bear witness that we are Muslims (i.e. we submit to God)."

53. Our Lord! We believe in what You have sent down, and we follow the Messenger ['Iesa (Jesus)]; so write us down among those who bear witness (to the truth i.e. Lâ ilâha illa-Allâh - no god but God, no gods beside Him).

54. And they (disbelievers) plotted [to kill 'Iesa (Jesus), and God planned too. And God is the Best of the planners.

55. And (remember) when God said: "O 'Iesa (Jesus)! I will take you and raise you to Myself and clear you of those who disbelieve, and I will make those who follow you (Monotheists, who worship none but God) superior to those who disbelieve [in the Oneness of God, or disbelieve in some of His Messengers, e.g. Muhammad PBUH, 'Iesa (Jesus), Mûsa (Moses), etc., or in His Holy Books, e.g. the Taurât (Torah), the Injeel (Gospel), the Qur'ân] till the Day of Resurrection. Then you will return to Me and I will judge between you in the matters in which you used to dispute."

56. "As to those who disbelieve, I will punish them with a severe torment in this world and in the Hereafter, and they will have no helpers."

57. And as for those who believe (in the Oneness of God) and do righteous good deeds, God will pay them their reward in full. And God does not like the Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrong-doers).

58. This is what We recite to you (O Muhammad) of the Verses and the Wise Reminder (i.e. the Qur'ân).

59. Verily, the likeness of 'Iesa (Jesus) before God is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then (He) said to him: "Be!" - and he was.
60. (This is) the truth from your Lord, so be not of those who doubt.

61. Then whoever disputes with you concerning him ['Iesa (Jesus)] after (all this) knowledge that has come to you, [i.e. 'Iesa (Jesus)] being a slave of God, and having no share in Divinity) say: (O Muhammad) "Come, let us call our sons and your sons, our women and your women, ourselves and yourselves - then we pray and invoke (sincerely) the Curse of God upon those who lie."

62. Verily! This is the true narrative [about the story of 'Iesa (Jesus)], and, Lâ ilâha illa-Allâh [No god but God, no gods beside Him]. And indeed, God is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.

63. And if they turn away (and do not accept these true proofs and evidences), then surely, God is All-Aware of those who do mischief.

64. Say (O Muhammad): "O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians): Come to a word that is just between us and you, that we worship none but God, and that we associate no partners with Him, and that none of us shall take others as lords besides God. Then, if they turn away, say: "Bear witness that we are Muslims."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 09:40 AM

....And thou wilt find the nearest of them in affection to those who believe (to be) those who say: Lo! We are Christians. That is because there are among them priests and monks, and because they are not proud. (82) When they listen to that which hath been revealed unto the messengers, thou seest their eyes overflow with tears because of their recognition of the Truth. They say: Our Lord, we believe. Inscribe us as among the witnesses. (83) Why should we not believe in God and that which hath come unto us of the Truth. And (how should we not) hope that our Lord will bring us in along with righteous folk? (84) God hath rewarded them for that their saying - Gardens underneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide for ever. That is the reward of the good. (85).

Old 09-15-2008, 09:53 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,986 times
Okay, so we have gotten our lesson from the Koran for today, and if need be we can find pretty much the same thing in the Christian Bible, so what is it that you're trying to say or prove. Your post consists of nothing but writings from your holy book but they do not offer any thoughts of your own. I'm wondering if it is possible for you to add your own personal thoughts to what you have just posted, no disrespect intended but anybody could read this.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Okay, so we have gotten our lesson from the Koran for today, and if need be we can find pretty much the same thing in the Christian Bible, so what is it that you're trying to say or prove. Your post consists of nothing but writings from your holy book but they do not offer any thoughts of your own. I'm wondering if it is possible for you to add your own personal thoughts to what you have just posted, no disrespect intended but anybody could read this.
hi ptsum,
due to love, I have posted this thread.

I just convey the massege of God that prophet Mohammad PBUH was sent by.

it is up to you if want to accept it or not.

I just cared about you and I want you all to be in paradise.
that's it.

All the mercy is from God.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a slave of Allah View Post
hi ptsum,
due to love, I have posted this thread.

I just convey the massege of God that prophet Mohammad PBUH was sent by.

it is up to you if want to accept it or not.

I just cared about you and I want you all to be in paradise.
that's it.

All the mercy is from God.
And if I may, what paradise may that be, would that be your paradise, or my paradise and if I do not believe the same as you do, in your eyes how will I be looked upon?

Old 09-18-2008, 01:21 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,122 times
Quote:
And if I may, what paradise may that be, would that be your paradise, or my paradise and if I do not believe the same as you do, in your eyes how will I be looked upon?
I'm afraid it's just more bad news ptsum

Quote:

56. "As to those who disbelieve, I will punish them with a severe torment in this world and in the Hereafter, and they will have no helpers."

Dogma is dogma whether Christian or Islamic. It's all about turn or burn dude.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:29 AM

Quote:
15. The description of Paradise which the believer have been promised is that in it are rivers of water the taste and smell of which are not changed; rivers of milk of which the taste never changes; rivers of wine delicious to those who drink; and rivers of clarified honey (clear and pure) therein for them is every kind of fruit; and forgiveness from their Lord.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:33 AM

Quote:
15. The description of Paradise which the believer have been promised is that in it are rivers of water the taste and smell of which are not changed; rivers of milk of which the taste never changes; rivers of wine delicious to those who drink; and rivers of clarified honey (clear and pure) therein for them is every kind of fruit; and forgiveness from their Lord.
Okay, you have given me a description of your Paradise but you still have not answered my question. I appreciate the fact that you have such a beautiful description of your Paradise but at the same time I hope you appreciate the fact that that is not my Paradise and no disrespect intended, you still haven't answered the question as to how I would look in your eyes because I don't believe the same as you do.

And just so that there are no misunderstandings, I am neither Jew, Muslim, Christian, Hindu, or Buddhist, I am Native American, my people are the Tsalagi (Cherokee), our culture is an agrarian culture.osay

Last edited by ptsum; 09-18-2008 at 10:03 AM..

Old 09-18-2008, 09:50 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,174,310 times
I've never read any portion of the Koran before. As a Christian, I'm surprised at the similarity of the story. I guess the only difference is that we believe Jesus IS God and Muslims don't. Of course, as a Christian this would be the deal breaker of all differences...but I still enjoyed reading the post. Thanks!

Old 09-18-2008, 12:02 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,014,889 times
This is all just verses from the Qur'an. There's no claim being made and no valid evidence to support Islam or the Qur'an as plausible truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam