Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 02:46 PM

6 posts, read 7,603 times

Advertisements

The religion of Islam is a religion of right, and whatever was retarded and Enviers
And tell and tell ..!
And your opinion will not help anything and will not change the love of ourselves to the religion of God, a love of Islam with the provisions of God's pleasure, and the purpose of entering Paradise

U.S. President Barack Obama lived in the State and its people are Muslims, and a great group of
people who are humbled not differentiate between black and white You Tguetnon
You on the right

Thank you for offering
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 07:47 PM

541 posts, read 985,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjat32 View Post
Hi all,

This is a pretty "hot" topic and I don't want to fan any flames. I noticed the Crusades keep coming up, and so I wanted to post something if anyone's interested in reading it. Last December I became involved in a dialogue with a Muslim friend-of-friend, and it inspired me to write an article on Christianity and Warfare. It was published here:
war26.1.09.php

To those who say Christianity's history is proof of its inherent violence, I would like you to read it and see what you think. Thanks,
Katherine
...inqusition ring a bell.....

Old 04-01-2009, 09:56 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,978,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Arab View Post
I read several threads on these boards about Islam being a beautiful, peaceful religion among other similar rhetoric. Yet, I haven’t seen any evidence of the above descriptions. Today’s Islam, and the real world paints quite the opposite picture of the above descriptions. Today’s Islam is intolerant of other faiths, today’s Islam is violent against other faiths, today’s Muslim counties have prosecuted non Muslims, today’s Muslims that chose to live in Western counties refuse to assimilate, and refuse to follow the law of the land.

How can today’s Islam be a beautiful and peaceful religion when countries like Saudi Arabia publish tens of millions of their version of the Quran, in which, it openly highlights that Jews and Christians are the enemy of Islam? What about the state run TV stations airing anti Christian/Jewish cartoons for the next Muslims generation? Heck, even in schools, and school books, they’re teaching kid’s intolerance and violence.

How come we never hear of an Iraqi Christian, Lebanese Christian, or a Palestinian Christian going Jihad Joe/Jane? I mean, ALL the people there are suffering equally no? In today’s Iraq, we are witnessing an all out extermination of Christians in the hands of Muslims.

All I hear from the Muslims and Liberals is “what about the crusaders”, “Hitler”, “abortion clinic bombing and so on.
Crusaders: yes, Christianity is responsible for vile acts, no one is denying that. However, that was centuries ago. Since then, as human beings evolving, Christianity has gone through major reform. Looking at today’s Islam actions around the world, Muslims are devolving.
Hitler: yes, he was a nasty man; yes he was a Christian man. But correct me if I’m wrong, he didn’t use Christianity to justify his actions. He didn’t hold the Bible on one hand and ordered his troops to kill on the other. And let’s not forget, his fellow Christians stood up and defeated him.
Abortion bombings: yes, even though Christianity gone through major reforms, there are still crazies out there harming people in the name of Christians. But honestly, we’re comparing two bombing in the last ten-fifteen years versus countless attacks by Islamic extremist globally on a daily basis which in times, it can impact world markets? No comparison at all.

It’s no wonder why the WEST is so nervous and suspicious of Muslims/Islam. We have the right to be. We have seen very little effort/actions to confront radical Islam. We have seen plenty of violent acts and huge rallies against silly cartoons, and Pop’s remarks. The FEW individuals that speak out against radical Islam are either dead or in hiding.

I guess my entire post can be summed up to this. Talk is cheap, actions are louder than words. You can post how Islam is beautiful and peaceful, you don’t FOOL US. The actions taken by radicals and lack of actions taken by Moderate Muslims say otherwise.

As an observer of CURRENT world events, this is merely my views/opinion.
This message has an erroneous title. This is not about Islam, it's about the Muslims.

Islam is much, MUCH more compassionate then Nicene/orthodox Christianity, at least it's god and doctrine is. Islam teaches that any person of the book, i.e., a monotheist, can still get to paradise...Nicene Christianity says that anyone who does not except Jesus as their lord and savior who died on the cross for their sins will burn in hell forever.

Islam teaches that Allah sent the prophet Mohammad (PBUH) to Earth to revel the word of Allah for all...in Nicene Christianity, god had his son killed in a slow and painful manner so that he could forgive humanity of their sins...so, which god sounds nicer, a god who takes the everyday righteous man Mohammad (PBUH) and gives him his revelations in the Koran to spread to the world and lets him live a long, healthy life before allowing him to die peacefully and rest in paradise...
or the god of Nicene Christianity, who has his OWN AND ONLY SON killed slowly and painfully so he gets a whipping boy for which to take his anger out on humanity?

Allah is a much, MUCH nicer god than the god of the orthodox/Nicene Christians. If I had a gun pointed to my head and I was forced to choose a mainstream Abrahamic religion, I would, in a heart beat, yell, "Lā ilaha illa al-Lāh, Muhammadun rasūlu l-Lāh !

Islam might be harder to follow then orthodox/Nicene Christianity, but at least I would be following a god who judges me on my merits, does not throw the victims of the Holocaust (who died Jews) into hell and would not have his own son killed.

Islam makes sense. I am not a Muslim, but it still makes allot more sense then either Nicene/orthodox Christianity or Judaism.

But anyway, I have met allot of Muslims, religious ones at that, who would be the first to tell you that allot of Muslims around the world have issues and don't really follow the Koran...take the Taliban. They passed a law saying women could not travel outside of the country, even if they were with their husbans...NOT EVEN FOR HAJJ! Now, that doesn't seem to Islamic to me...

Old 04-01-2009, 10:09 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,978,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Arab View Post

As noted in my original post, Christians are responsible for many vile acts. You will never see me defending the actions of the crusaders. And honestly, what is the point of bringing an event that happened centuries ago?
How about things that happened a mere decade or two ago?...

Oklahoma City bombing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buford_O._Furrow,_Jr.

The Troubles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Christian Identity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sabra and Shatila massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Is this an attempt to justify the current actions taken by radical Islam? The notion of “you guys did it” is preposterous. As human beings,
we are supposed to LEARN from history, NOT repeat it.
I see fundies running around all the time...I am convinced that the only reason they don't put a gun to my head and say "be a othodox Christian now or go to hell in thirty second" is because the cowards are too affraid to go to jail. If the laws were ever changed, they would go back to their historically blood-thirty ways in a heart beat.

A dog, even after centuries of domestication, will still attack a rabbit the minute it is let off the leash...orthodox/Nicene Christianity is like that, the moment things ever change (hopefully they wouldn't) they will revert back to crusader mode and start burning people at the stake again.

They haven't learned jack!

EDIT I am a Gnostic Christian, and one day I was talking with a muslim and he said, when I told him I was a Gnostic Christian, "yes, it's horrable what's going on with the Mandaens in Iraq...I am sorry my fellow muslims are doing that."

The Mandeans are not Christian, but are Gnostics...and, in just casual conversation, this Muslim was saying he was sorry for the persecution of a group distantly related to my own! And yet!....I have never, EVER, heard a orthodox/Nicene Christian apologize for the brutality and oppression that wiped out the old Christian Gnostics, even when I aksed them to, they just came up with excuses and in the back of my mind, I knew good and well that they like the idea of people being massacred in the name of their version of the truth.

A Muslim volunteered an apology...a orthodox/Nicene Christian refused to give one. Which group do you think has learned the most from history?

Old 04-02-2009, 08:26 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
Interesting Posts
Could this be an instance of humanity attempting to apply black and white thinking to a gray world???

I found this website long ago: WHY WE LEFT ISLAM
Apostates of Islam - We left Islam

IF you look on Google, you would probably find at least one called WHY WE LEFT CHRISTIANITY

The fact is there are good and bad people in any religion; when a religion becomes a barrier to happiness and health, and becomes destructive for it's followers and victims, then it is time to remove it

I know that daily it seems I get some anti-Islamic Spam sent out by distant family members touting the evils of Islam, all the while touting the perfection of Christians.....

True, there probably are a number of good peaceful loving people who are islamic. but they don't make the news here in America, because violence sells. (As Patton said "Americans have always loved a good fight") Well, again, violence and war sell papers......
Similar here in America. We have a religious movement called the Unitarian Universalists, who are a very peaceloving group dedicated to human rights and peace. What they do and teach does not make the news, it goes on silently because peace and charity are not big news items. But recently, when a fundamentalist Christian went in and shot up a Unitarian service, killing innocent people, THEN The Unitarians made the news. BUT again it took violence and something negative to get them in the news, and it was the actions of a Right-Wing Christian Jim Adkisson, who claimed that "The Unitarian Universalists are a cult" and he was doing what HE though would "Be right for America" in killing them.....

Very Sad, because the Unitarians are not a bad group of people. They don't stockpile guns and plan terrorist acts. They don't hijack planes and crash them into buildings for God. They don't bomb olympic ceremonies because they object to a gathering of different cultures which "
God would not like" They don't teach hatred and predjudice.
And Sadly, they don't make the news unless it is tragic.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:28 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,069,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a slave of Allah View Post
Cant you see what happen to us today?
who fight and kill us every day?
and who fabricate the information about Islam so that people will not become muslims?

Why you didn't mention that the Quran teaches that the christians are the nearest to muslims and they have some kind people.

why you didn't mention that the Quran says clearly that not all the jews and christians are to attack muslims?

stop calling Jews "pigs", stop beheading infidels, and stop issuing fatwas and maybe that will change.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:20 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
stop calling Jews "pigs", stop beheading infidels, and stop issuing fatwas and maybe that will change.
Stop stealing Palestinian land. That will be a good start. Then those who are just spoiling for a fight will not have anything to inflame the masses. Without Palestine as an issue, these radical groups will lose their influence. No one can just issue fatwas to his own liking. Those kind of fatwas are not recognised by the majority. Beheading.. ahh...again those that commit them are not due to religious reasons but rather political.
In order for change to take place, the root cause have to be examined. Again you keep on emphasing on killings.. so tell me..i want to know..how many people have been killed by muslims? their civilisations wiped out or almost wiped out?

Old 04-02-2009, 12:24 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
This message has an erroneous title. This is not about Islam, it's about the Muslims.
Islam makes sense. I am not a Muslim, but it still makes allot more sense then either Nicene/orthodox Christianity or Judaism.
But anyway, I have met allot of Muslims, religious ones at that, who would be the first to tell you that allot of Muslims around the world have issues and don't really follow the Koran...take the Taliban. They passed a law saying women could not travel outside of the country, even if they were with their husbans...NOT EVEN FOR HAJJ! Now, that doesn't seem to Islamic to me...
Awesome. How I wished you are a muslim. Yes it is much harder to practice Islam but then worshiping God is a daily 24x7, 365 days a year affair, not just bringing out one's prayer beads or prayer books only on weekends to remember and worship Him..don't you agree...

Old 04-03-2009, 10:19 AM

500 posts, read 702,959 times
I’m surprised but glad to see that my thread is still active. Thanks for the Reps btw. However, I am disappointed and disgusted that the Muslims apologists refusing to acknowledge the intolerance of Islam/Muslims of other faiths worldwide. Instead, they continue to bring up subjects that have zero merits into this discussion.

I’m not interested in comparing which holy book advocate more or less bloodshed. As mentioned in my other post, every holy book caters to all types of people, extreme and moderate. I am interested on what is going on in TODAY”S WORLD, and I believe I covered it briefly regarding what and how Islam has affected today’s world. Now we need to come up with solutions.

Last edited by Christian Arab; 04-03-2009 at 11:14 AM..

Old 04-05-2009, 07:27 PM

500 posts, read 702,959 times
Sorry to drifting off topic, but I have to respond to this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
Stop stealing Palestinian land. That will be a good start. Then those who are just spoiling for a fight will not have anything to inflame the masses.
It's that easy huh? Didn't Israel give back Gaza as a gesture of moving forward toward peace only to see these peace loving radical Muslims of Hammas use that land to launch daily attacks into Israel? If Hammas truly cared about it's citizens and the seek peace, then it would cease attacks, therefore, put pressure on Israel to allow food, water and meds into Gaza. But that's not the case now is it?

Quote:
Without Palistine as an issue, these radical groups will lose their influence.
So 9/11, London bombing, Spain bombing and the extermination of Christians living in Islamic countries by their fellow countrymen are the result of Palistinain conflict?
Quote:
No one can just issue fatwas to his own liking. Those kind of fatwas are not recognised by the majority.
The brilliant Salman Rushdie would strongly disagree.

Quote:
In order for change to take place, the root cause have to be examined.
So what do you think is the root Islam's hate and intolerance of other faiths? And most importantly, what is your solution?
Quote:
Again you keep on emphasing on killings.. so tell me..i want to know..how many people have been killed by muslims? their civilisations wiped out or almost wiped out?
What the heck should we emphasis on when radicals have hijacked Islam while moderates are sitting on their thumbs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam